剧集 | 傲骨之战 | 导航列表
他们首次公开募股就在明天 快行动吧
The IPO is tomorrow. Let's move.
我不反对 但是到底是谁
I don't disagree, but who is it?
亚瑟·加伯
Arthur Garber.
我在巴纳比人寿与财产保险公♥司♥工作
I worked for Barnaby Life & Casualty
快八年了
just shy of eight years.
那你为什么离开
And why'd you leave?
我想是因为良心不安
Crisis of conscience, I guess.
我们从第二螺旋这样的公♥司♥购买♥♥基因检测结果
We were buying the results of genetic testing from places
然后利用它们来收取更高的保费
like Second Helix and using them to charge higher premiums,
有时也用来当拒绝参保的原因
sometimes to deny coverage altogether.
-你曾为此发声过吗 -当然
- And did you speak up? - Sure I did.
一开始他们还迁就我 然后就无视我了
First they humored me, then they ignored me,
然后他们说我没有团队精神
then they let me know I wasn't a team player.
这都是什么人啊
Who are these men?
我只是想成为一名保险业高管
I wanted to be an insurance executive.
没有其它问题了
Nothing further.
不幸的是 凯伦 你摔倒时正穿着
Unfortunately, Karen, the fact that you were
高跟鞋走在冰面上这一事实意味着
wearing high heels on the ice at the time of your fall
陪审员可能会认为受伤是由你自己造成的
means a jury might find you contributed to your injury.
你用了"细高跟鞋"这个词
You used the term "Stiletto,"
而且你当时正从冰球场中间穿过去
and you were walking across a hockey rink.
好吧 那双鞋有多高
Well, how many inches were they?
真够高的
Impressive.
-我没看到你微笑哦 -好的 凯伦
- I don't see you smiling. - Okay, uh, Karen,
我会用电子邮件把资料发给你
I will e-mail you over the paperwork,
但我还是建议你重新考虑
but I would advise you to reconsider.
你在接电♥话♥
You're on the phone.
微不微笑有什么区别
Why does it matter if you smile?
我上司认为人们可以通过电♥话♥感觉到微笑
My super believes that smiles can be felt over the phone.
这是什么
What is this?
你留在办公室的东西
The stuff you left in your office.
我留下它们是有原因的
I left it for a reason.
这个也是吗
Even these?
天哪 我居然把这个忘了
God, I forgot about those.
婊气
Hey, bitchin'.
这是谁
Who is this?
为什么问这个
Why?
这是罗兰·布鲁姆找来作证的人
It's someone Roland Blum put on the stand.
所以与我何干呢
And that's my problem why?
这是你的第二螺旋案
It's your Second Helix case.
这已经不是我的案子了 我被解雇了
It is not my case anymore. I was fired.
给你
Here.
-这是什么 -戴安给你的
- What's this? - Something from Diane.
三次顶级律所的面试
Three interviews at top firms.
她本来想自己给你的
She'd give it to you herself,
但是今天工作上有些很紧急的事
but there's a crisis at work today.
我没事
I'm fine.
你有事 玛娅 看看四周
You're not fine, Maia. Look around.
这不是"没事"的样子
This is what "Not fine" Looks like.
戴安根本不在乎我
Diane doesn't care about me.
下次请在工作之前先把朋友的事处理完
Next time, clear your friends ahead of time.
好的
Will do.
这是唯一一家愿意雇佣林德尔的公♥司♥了
Look, you're gonna get me fired from the last place
别弄得我被炒鱿鱼 好吗
that will hire a Rindell, okay?
他是谁
Who is this?
亚瑟·加伯 布鲁姆的营养师
It's Arthur Garber, Blum's dietician.
开玩笑吧
You're kidding.
没有 他的职业描述概括很广
No. He has a fluid sense of job descriptions.
为什么 他去证人席上做什么
Why? What was he supposed to be on the stand?
人寿保险业爆料人
A life insurance whistle-blower.
-天呐 -打给这些号♥码
- Oh, my God. - Call these numbers.
这些都是顶尖律所
These are top firms.
说真的 玛娅 这里让我抑郁
Seriously, Maia. This place is depressing me.
如果你不打给他们 我打
If you don't call them, I will.
好吧 知道了 戴安
Right, yeah. Got it, Diane.
太好了 谢谢
Amazing. Thanks.
这就像马拉松式电视募捐节目
This is like a telethon.
你现在打给谁
Who are you calling now?
警♥察♥
The police.
我觉得他们没有违法
I thought they weren't breaking the law.
是 他们没有 但有两个人
Yeah, they weren't. But two of them
是被记录在案的性侵犯 需要远离学校
are registered sex offenders who are currently within
至少150米
500 feet of a school.
你好 我想找一位警探
Hi, could I speak to a detective, please?
你好 我是卢卡·奎恩
Hello, yeah. This is Lucca Quinn.
我想举报有两名被记录在案的性侵犯
I'd like to report two registered sex offenders
出现在菲利斯·惠特利小学的停车场内
in the parking lot of Phyllis Wheatley Elementary School.
好 我可以等
Yup, I can hold.
是的 我在
Uh, yes, I'm here.
他不是巴纳比保险公♥司♥的职员
He doesn't work at Barnaby Insurance.
他是布鲁姆的营养师
He's Blum's dietician.
我的老天
Oh, dear God.
怎么知道的
How do we know this?
玛娅告诉我的 她和他相处了五天
Maia. She was with him for five days.
你觉得她没说谎吧
You don't think she's lying?
开玩笑吗
Are you kidding me?
你不相信她就算了
Don't believe her if you want,
不过就别找我做调查员了
but stop asking me to investigate, then.
那现在怎么办
So what do we do now?
什么也不做
We do nothing.
这是辩方的事
It's the defense's case.
天呐 你开始有布鲁姆的语气了
My God, you're starting to sound like Blum.
难道我们不该告诉法官吗
Shouldn't we be telling the judge?
是吗
Yes?
不 我刚在想事
No, I was just... just thinking.
菲欧娜·诺瓦克
Uh, Fiona Novak,
第二螺旋的创始人兼首席执行官
founder and CEO of Second Helix.
我猜这意味着我现在就是那个坏人了
I guess that means I'm the bad guy here.
不
Oh, no.
不过还是谢谢你在这么仓促的情况下出庭作证
But thank you for coming in on such short notice.
我们知道你很忙
We know you're busy.
现在我拿的是第二螺旋的
Now, this is the, uh, standard,
标准合同
uh, contract for Second Helix.
当人们把一份DNA样本送给你们检测时
When people send you a DNA sample to test,
他们同意了这项协议的条款吗
they agree to the terms of this agreement?
是的
Yes, that is correct.
你能读一下
Uh, would you read the, uh,
被标记了的这段吗
highlighted section there, please?
"我同意将
"I agree to share
检测结果中的遗传信息分享给第二螺旋
"The genetic information contained herein with Second Helix,
及其联营公♥司♥和附属公♥司♥"
its associates and affiliates."
-能给我一份看一下吗 -当然可以
- Can I see a copy of that? - Of course.
当你的顾客与第二螺旋签署合约时
So, uh, when your customers sign up with Second Helix,
他们就会被告知
they are informed that their genetic information
分享和使用他们的遗传信息
will be shared and used because that is part of the mission
也是贵公♥司♥的职责之一
of your company?
当然
Absolutely.
我们的顾客知道我们的愿景是致力于
O-Our customers know that we are committed
医学研究
to serious medical research.
我们已经研制出治疗肌萎缩侧索硬化症的新药
We've already got a promising new drug for ALS.
法官阁下 鉴于诺瓦克女士的证词
Your Honor, in light of Ms. Novak's testimony,
辩方要求撤销案件
the defense moves to dismiss the case.
法官阁下
Your Honor, uh,
我们想重新让亚瑟·加伯作为反驳证人
we'd like to recall Arthur Garber as a rebuttal witness.
稍等
Uh, just...
你不能让他上证人席
You're not putting him on the stand.
我们可以反驳她的证词
Well, we can rebut her testimony.
他就是你的营养师
He's your fucking dietician,
你不能让他出庭作证
and you're not putting him on the stand.
法官阁下 我刚得知
Your Honor, I've just been informed
剧集 | 傲骨之战 | 导航列表