剧集 | 傲骨之战 | 导航列表
Are you all right?
你说另类右♥派♥会觉得
You said the alt-right would think
我在支持他们发起诉讼
I was supporting them with this suit.
是的 抱歉
Uh, yes. I'm sorry.
我看过他们写的东西
I've seen what they're writing.
我因为起诉自己的粉丝网站而变成了懦夫
And I'm being called a coward for suing my own fan site.
是的
Yes.
我不该听奈特的
I shouldn't have listened to Nate.
我准备好按你说的做了
I'm ready to do what you said.
你想发表一则政♥治♥声明
You want to make a political statement?
我想只能这样了吧
I think I have to.
我们可以帮你起草 说你想说的
We can help you write it. In your words, of course.
你可以感谢你的粉丝
You can-- you can thank your fans,
你可以鼓励他们去投票
you can encourage them to vote,
然后你站出来反对另类右♥派♥
and then you come out against the alt-right.
-就像泰勒·斯威夫特一样 -不
- Just like Taylor Swift. - No.
我想发一则关于爱的政♥治♥声明
I want to make a political statement about love.
-哪方面的 -比如 我弹吉他时
- A-As in? - Like, when I play the guitar,
左右手都需要
I need my right hand and my left hand.
失去了哪只手 都不能弹奏出音乐
Without both, there's no music.
没有音乐 就没有爱
And without music, there's no love.
萨布丽娜 想听我们的建议吗
Sabrina, do you want our advice?
好的
Yes.
这还不够
That's not enough.
你这是说其中一只手是属于新纳粹党的
You're saying one hand belongs to the neo-Nazis.
我没这么说
I'm not saying that.
我是说爱比政♥治♥更重要
I'm saying that love is bigger than politics.
但看上去会是这样
But that's the way it will look.
交给我们处理吧
Um, let us do this.
我们会写两份声明 你的和我们的
We'll write up two statements, yours and ours.
你都看看然后再做决定
You read both and decide.
我会考虑的
I'll think about it.
我怎么不知道有客户预约
I didn't know we had an appointment.
她直接过来的
She just walked in.
要见我的客户 我必须得在场
When we meet with my client, I'm in the meeting.
没有例外
No exceptions.
你说得对 很抱歉
You're right. I'm sorry.
莉兹
Liz,
杰要跟我们谈谈
Jay needs to talk to us.
为什么
Why?
好吧
Okay.
为什么梅丽莎跟我同酬
Why is Marissa on parity with me?
同酬 什么意思
Parity? What do you mean?
为什么她的薪水和我的一样
Why is her salary the same as mine?
你刚提薪 杰
You just got a raise, Jay.
-和你要求的一样 -是的
- Exactly the amount you requested. - Yes.
梅丽莎提薪更多
And Marissa got a bigger one.
大家真的没有必要比较薪酬
Look, people really shouldn't be comparing salaries.
不该把价值等同于薪水
It-It's a mistake to equate salary with value.
那还应该等同于什么
Then how else do we equate it?
梅丽莎进公♥司♥三年
Marissa was hired three years ago.
她做调查员才一年半
She's been an investigator for a year and a half.
我来公♥司♥七年了
I've been here seven years.
这是底线 杰
Bottom line, Jay,
合伙人不会讨论财务决策
the partners don't discuss financial decisions.
每个决定都有很多因素
There are so many factors that go into every decision.
比如什么
Such as?
我们不谈这些
We're not doing this.
如果每个人的薪水都要解释 就没完没了了
If we have to defend every salary, we'll never stop.
是因为她是白人吗
Is it because she's white?
我就当做你从没说过这话
I'm gonna pretend you never said that.
那我就再问一遍
Then I'm gonna say it again.
-是因为她是白人吗 -你♥他♥妈♥搞什么
- Is it because she's white? - Come on. What the fuck?!
我已经非常努力让所有决策都不受种族影响
I try very hard not to make any decisions based on race.
但你还是受了影响 每日如此
But you do. Every day.
我也是
So do I.
谈话结束了
This meeting's over, man.
谈话结束了 杰
Meeting's over, Jay.
所以呢
Well?
所以什么 莉兹
Well, what, Liz?
为什么梅丽莎和杰的工资一样高
Why are we paying Marissa as much as Jay?
你知道原因
You know why.
你当时也在场
You were there.
因为朱利叶斯替梅丽莎争取了加薪
Because Julius argued for Marissa.
这段时间她比杰得到了更多的工作
She was getting more assignments than Jay.
越来越多的律师要求她的协助
More associates were requesting her.
更多的白人律师要求她的协助
More of the white associates were asking for her?
这家律所之所以能够持续运行
This company keeps working
因为我们不会鼠目寸光
because we don't look at certain things,
我们也不会故意挑事
we don't pick at certain scabs.
我们会给可能跳槽的员工付更高的工资
We pay people more who we think we're losing.
给那些绝不会跳槽的员工更低的工资
We pay people less who we know are not going anywhere.
但这不关梅丽莎的事
Nothing to do with Marissa.
资本主义而已 莉兹
It's capitalism, Liz.
因为相比起黑人
Because the white people
白人跳槽的可能性更大吗
are more likely to leave us than black?
说得没错
Hell yeah.
怎么 你觉得我会说不吗
What, you-you thought I'd say no?
丑恶的事实是 莉兹
The ugly truth, Liz:
和男人相比女人总是更不受重视
women are valued less than men
因为我们觉得男员工会为了高薪而跳槽
because we think the men can leave us for better paying jobs.
同时和白人相比 黑人也总是更不受重视
And black people are valued less than white people
因为我们觉得白人员工也会为了高薪
because we think the white people can leave us
而选择跳槽
for better paying jobs.
我讨厌这些
I hate it.
但这就是现实
But that's the reality
这也是我必须要面对处理的事情
and that's what I have to deal with.
如果我们不能维持这家律所
If we don't keep this place afloat,
那所有人都死定了
no one survives.
别把这算作我自己的问题
And don't make it my thing.
少数族裔企业赢下的无投标合同
There's a nine-year expiration date
只有九年的有效期限
on minority-owned businesses winning no-bid contracts.
莉兹 我们百分之四十的生意曾是
Liz, 40% of our business
-政♥府♥合同 现在永远都没了 -好吧
- were governmental contracts and they're gone. Forever. - Okay.
所以我们只能多方面发展 这才是生存之道
So we're diversifying; that's how we survive.
这就是我们提供法律援助的代价
That's how we pay for the pro bono work,
提供志愿者工作和其他东西的代价
the volunteer work, everything.
我们是为了未来在建立这家律所
We're building a company for the future,
不光光是指未来五年 这是为了未来五十年
and not just for the next five years, for the next 50 years.
阿德里安 别弄得像我跟你吵架 我没有
Adrian, you act like I am arguing with you and I am not.
我只知道也许我们不会故意挑事
All I know is that we may not want to pick at that scab,
但其他人或许会
but someone else will.
你已经和合伙人谈过了吗
You talked to the partners?
-是的 -谈得怎么样
- Yep. - How'd that go?
你在干什么
What are you doing?
和全律所的人分享信息
Sharing information with the firm.
-什么信息 -薪资信息
- About? - Salaries.
这事可不好收场
That's not gonna go over well.
没错
Yep.
你想从我这获取忠诚 彼得斯先生
You're looking for loyalty from me, Mr. Peters.
但梅丽莎一直支持着我
Well, Marissa stood by me.
民♥主♥党♥国♥委会主♥席♥像♥让她反过来对付我
The head of the DNC tried to get her to turn on me,
但她拒绝了
and she told him off.
这和民♥主♥党或共和党无关
This is beyond Democrat or Republican.
如同《箴言》中第三章写道的
It's Proverbs, chapter three:
"永远不可让忠心诚实离开你
"Never let go of loyalty and faithfulness.
将它们系在你的颈项上
Tie them around your neck;
刻在你的心上"
and write them on your heart."
这就是我心中镌刻的话
So this is written on my heart.
如果你们不想要梅丽莎 那我也不会留下
If you don't want Marissa, you don't want me.
谢谢你让我们知晓
剧集 | 傲骨之战 | 导航列表