剧集 | 傲骨之战 | 导航列表
You're telling me Kurt was shot by one of the Trumps,
开枪打了库尔特 但是他们没带他去看医生
but they didn't take him to a doctor
就是因为他们想射杀一头长颈鹿
because they wanted to shoot a giraffe?
我不想下结论 不过... 没错
I don't want to draw a conclusion, but... yeah.
他经验丰富
He's got the experience
还来带了六个离婚客户
and comes with six divorce clients.
要我说 我们见过的人无出其右
I say nobody we've seen comes close.
我们...我们就签了他吧
Let's... let's just hire the man.
你不会后悔的
You won't be sorry.
卢卡
Lucca?
怎么了
What?
我认为我们应该继续找找
I...think we should keep looking.
找找 我们找什么
Looking? Wh-What are we looking for?
找一个不会只看
For someone who doesn't
房♥间里的男性的人
only look at the men in the room.
好吧 不是不尊重卢卡
Okay. No disrespect to Lucca,
但这真的是个合伙人级别的决定
but this is really a partner-level decision.
不 卢卡一直在处理
No, no. Lucca has been handling
我们婚姻方面的客户 我认为我们应该
our matrimonial clients-- I think we should take
考虑她的意见
her opinion into account.
你想怎么做
What do you want to do?
我们继续看看其他人
Let's keep looking at other people.
我们没必要当下就做出决定
Look, we do not need to come to a decision right at this minute.
你想要这个职位吗
Are you wanting the job?
-这个 -婚姻部主管
- The...? - Heading up matrimonial.
我争辩不是为了这个
Oh, that's not why I was arguing...
你想不想要这个职位
Do you want the job?
我不知道
I don't know.
那就赶紧决定
Well, decide,
因为这个家伙比你有优势多了
because this guy is way ahead of you,
除非你证明自己比他有能力
and I'm gonna have to vote for him
不然我就把票投给他了
unless you can make a strong case against it.
情况怎么样
How's it lookin'?
很好
Good.
八票你得了六票
You got six out of the eight votes.
我要努力克制自己先别太兴奋
I'll try not to let myself get too excited quite yet.
很明智
That's smart.
期待你跟共事
Looking forward to working with you.
不管怎么说 这都不太可能了
That may not happen, in any case.
什么意思
What do you mean?
我本来不该多嘴的
I'm not supposed to say anything,
我之前参加历史律师协会的品酒会
but I was at a Historical Law Society wine tasting,
据可靠消息说...
and according to a reliable source...
鲍勃
Bob?
不 可靠消息
No, a reliable source.
第七区巡回上诉法♥院♥
You're near the top of the list
法官的任命名单里 你名列前茅
for an appointment to the Seventh Circuit.
联邦法官
A... A federal judgeship?
是的
Yes.
你开玩笑
You're kidding.
没有
No.
我资历没那么高
I'm not high-profile enough.
你是黑人
You're black.
保守派
And conservative.
而且决定这件事的关键人物认识...
And people whose business it is to know...
认识你
know about you.
刚才是什么情况
So, what was that about?
什么
What?
鼓励卢卡针对佩顿
Encouraging Lucca to rip into Payton.
我没有鼓励她
I didn't encourage her.
我只是说我们应该考虑她的意见
I just said that we should take her opinion into account.
杰弗瑞·佩顿是明智的雇佣选择 莉兹
Geoffrey Payton makes sense for this firm, Liz.
他能带来上层客户
He brings in top-drawer clients.
是的 而且他还是历史律师协会的成员
Yeah, and he's a member of the Historical Law Society.
我早就猜到了
Ah. I knew it!
莉兹 你把政♥治♥因素扯进来了
Liz, you're bringing politics into this,
用这种方式...
in a way that's not...
不 政♥治♥本来就在其中
No. Politics is in this.
你什么时候变成共和党了
And since when did you become a Republican?
拜托
Oh, please.
我在竭尽全力 不让政♥治♥因素
I'm trying not to let politics get in the way
阻碍律所的前进
of moving the firm forward.
这是我们新开始后的第一个招聘
And this is our first hire since our fresh start,
所以我要仔细考虑一下 行吗
so I am having a second look, okay?
所以
So...
看来我们又回到
I guess we're back to...
"我们是什么"这个问题上
"Who are we?"
我认为我们就没离开过这个话题
I don't think we ever left it.
不过你确实同意我们应该着眼于与未来
But you do agree we should be looking ahead to the future?
没错 特朗普会赢得2020年选举的未来
Yeah, a future where Trump wins in 2020.
-什么 -别否认 我知道你想做什么
- What? - No, no, I see what you're doing.
你想要雇的律师
These associates you're trying to hire,
还有这合伙人
and-and this partner--
你想要招更多保守派
you want to bring in more conservative voices.
我们在找一位婚姻律师 莉兹
We're hiring a matrimonial attorney, Liz.
他的政♥治♥立场不应该有所影响
It shouldn't make a difference what his politics are.
这事关律所的组成人员
This is about the makeup of the firm.
这正决定了"我们是什么"
This is exactly who we are.
我以为你想要重新开始
I thought you wanted a fresh start.
奥德丽·罗德:美国诗人 黑人女同性恋女权主义活动家
没错 但奥德丽·罗德说过
I do. But as Audre Lorde said,
"主人的工具永远不会拆掉主人的房♥子"
"The master's tools will never dismantle the master's house."
只要你有办法...
If you have access...
任何一个该死的工具都能拆掉主人的房♥子
any single fuckin' tool will dismantle the master's house.
格雷迪·伯克哈特
Grady Burkhardt.
我是托尼·曼迪的编辑
I was Tony Mundy's editor.
曼迪先生去世的那段时间
And at the time of his death,
他在写什么报道
what story was Mr. Mundy working on?
一篇关于艾弗里·沃德
An investigative piece about Avery Ward,
使用劣质建筑材料
using defective building materials
导致三人在火灾中丧生的调查报道
that were responsible for three people dying in a fire.
这篇报道是否表明事件涉及刑事过失
And did this story suggest there was criminal negligence?
反对 引导证人推测
Objection. Calls for speculation.
没关系 让他继续
Doesn't matter. Let it go.
反对有效
Sustained.
伯克哈特先生 你认得这个闪存盘吗
Mr. Burkhardt, do you recognize this thumb drive?
里面是托尼·曼迪接到
It's a recording Tony Mundy made
艾弗里·沃德打来电♥话♥的录音
of a call he received from Avery Ward.
请求将录音列为证据
Ask the recording be introduced into evidence
并向陪审团播放录音
and played for the jury.
反对 录音需要通过鉴定才可以...
Objection. Until such time as it can be authenticated...
我方承认录音真实性 法官阁下
Stipulate to authenticity, Your Honor.
异乎寻常的同意 播放录音吧
Unusual point of agreement. Let's play the tape.
你觉得陪审团愿意耐心等待专家证人吗
You think the jury wants to sit through an expert witness?
你个骗人的混♥蛋♥
You lying motherfucker!
如果你发布了这该死的东西 我发誓
If you publish this shit, so help me God
我会在大街上开车撞你
I'm going to run you down in the street.
我会慢慢折磨你
I'm gonna make you suffer so much,
你会求我把你了结了
you're gonna beg me to finish you off.
抬起头来 正视前方
Pick your head up. Look straight ahead.
你在当编辑之前是一名调查记者
Before you became an editor, you were an investigative reporter.
你有受到过威胁吗
You ever receive any threats?
有的
I did.
你会通知警方或雇佣私人保镖吗
And would you ever notify the police or hire private security?
不会
No.
是否因为在绝大多数情况下
And is that because in an overwhelming number of cases,
没必要太把这些威胁当一回事
such threats didn't warrant being taken seriously?
今非昔比 "杀死所有记者"
It's different now. "Kill all reporters."
死亡正找上门来 在伊斯坦布尔 在
We're dying here, in Istanbul, in...
好了 就几个问题
Okay, just a few questions.
不好意思 先让你的合作律师问完
Excuse me. Let your colleague finish.
剧集 | 傲骨之战 | 导航列表