剧集 | 美女上错身(2009) | 导航列表
the injuries sustained by my client?
避免我的委托人受到伤害呢
An algorithm determines how many guards are necessary
有个公式可以计算需要多少保安
to prevent a mob mentality.
才能控制人群的骚乱情绪
You take square footage, number of exits,
考虑到商场面♥积♥ 出口数量
and foot traffic.
和客流量
They needed 12 guards, not four.
他们需要12名保安 而不是4名
Thank you.
谢谢
Mr. Mckenzie,
麦肯齐先生
this algorithm is described in this book -- your book --
这本书中讲过那个公式 这是你的作品
"Shoes, Shirts, and Security: Retail Crowd Control."
《鞋子 衬衫与安保:零售业拥挤控制》
That's right.
对
This algorithm says that with 500 people,
这个公式显示 对于500名顾客
they should've hired 12 guards. Correct.
他们应该雇12名保安
But what if there were only 200 shoppers?
可是如果只有200名顾客呢
For 200 shoppers,
200名顾客
the four security guards would've have been sufficient.
那4个保安就足够了
Do you know how many shoppers attended Conrad's sale last year?
你知道去年有多少顾客参加康拉德的抢♥购♥吗
No. 208.
不知道 208名
And the year before that -- 202.
前年有202名
And according to their own P.R. Firm,
根据他们公♥关♥公♥司♥的预测
they were to expect approximately the same number this year.
今年的客流量大概会维持在相同水平
So how was Conrad's to know
所以康拉德怎么会知道
that they were gonna get more than twice the average traffic?
今年的客流量会激增到两倍以上
I don't know.
我不知道
An honest answer.
你的回答很诚实
With that, your honor,
法官大人 基于这点
we move that you dismiss the case.
我们请求驳回上诉
Excuse me?
你说什么
There is absolutely no evidence of negligence.
没有玩忽职守的证据
The plaintiff has failed to make a prima facie case.
故原告未能立案
Um, your honor, you can't --
法官大人 您不能...
Ah, I think I can, Ms. Bingum.
我可以 宾格温女士
Your client has my sympathy, but the law is not on your side.
我同情你的委托人 可法律不讲情面
Case dismissed without prejudice.
驳回上诉 无损法定利益
It's open!
门没关
Judge.
法官
What can I do for you, counselor?
有什么要我帮你 律师
I think we both know why I'm here.
我想我们都心知肚明
Let's pretend one of us doesn't.
那就假装其中一个人不明白
I think you need to be noble, like a...knight of yore,
我觉得你最好像昔日骑士一样 表现得高尚点
and recuse yourself from my case.
回避我的案子
Is that what you think, sir barrister?
你就想说这个吗 律师先生
Or should I say sir ex parte barrister,
还是该称你为单方律师
who ought to know better than to approach a sitting judge
你起码该知道 在对方律师不在场的情况下
without opposing counsel?
不该接近法官
I get the feeling you're not as interested in 12th century law
我感觉你对十二世纪的法律不感兴趣
as you are in dodging a certain patent case.
因为你在回避某件专利案
Where'd you hear that?
你从哪儿听说的
Just do the right thing and hand this case to another judge.
识相点 把这案子转交给其他法官
I'm gonna pretend that you didn't just threaten me.
我会假装你没威胁过我
I wouldn't call it a --
我不会把这称为...
If my adjudication doesn't sit well with you,
如果我的判决不合你的心意
make an interim appeal.
你可以临时上诉
A little advice -- tread lightly, counselor.
给你提个醒 小心行事 律师
Hey, Jane. I got your message.
简 我收到了你的信息
Yeah. I was just rewatching the video.
是 我刚在重新看录像
Why? Because we need to find a way to get back into court.
为什么 因为我们得想办法重回法庭
But the judge dismissed.
但上诉被驳回了
Without prejudice, which means?
无损法定利益 什么意思呢
Uh, if we can find admissible evidence, then we can refile.
如果我们找到可采纳的证据 就可以再次上诉
Yep. But the video was excluded.
对 可视频不能当做证据
Because we didn't have time to authenticate.
因为我们没时间鉴定真伪
And if we can figure out who shot the video,
如果我们能找出拍摄者
Then we can introduce the footage.
那就能采用这个视频
Yeah. Hopefully.
对 希望如此
All right.
好
Here we go.
开始
Hey. Jane, pause it.
简 暂停
Okay.
好
Uh, rewind a little.
往回倒一点
All right. Pause it. Okay. Right there.
好 暂停 好 就是这里
Yeah. The girl waving to the camera.
这女孩在向摄像机挥手
She's wearing a Fitness Farm T-shirt. That's my gym.
她穿着健康农场的运动衫 我也在那里健身
Okay. So we will fax a screen grab over to the gym
好 那我们可以截屏 传真给健身房♥
to see if anyone knows her. With a body like that,
看有没有人认识她 按她的身材来看
she's doing pilates at least five times a week.
她一周至少做五次普拉提
When their father signed the operating agreement,
他们父亲签署这份经营协议的时候
his children became bound
他的孩子们就受到了
by the laws of Richard the Lionheart,
狮心王查理法律的约束
an amalgam of English and German rules of knightly behavior.
是英国和德国对于骑士行为规定的结合
Professor Martin, how do these laws
马丁教授 就此案而言
apply to the present matter?
这些法律有何规定
In property disputes,
在财产争议中
the litigants were afforded the opportunity
诉讼当事人被赋予了
to determine the merits of their case by force of arms.
用武力来决定案子胜负的机会
I'm sorry. What?
你说什么
More commonly known as trial by combat.
也就是常说的决斗裁判法
Well, there's a novel approach. So ordered.
这倒是个新奇的方法 准予执行
Your honor You want them to fight?
法官大人 你想让他们决斗吗
I am ready, willing, and able to face my brother in battle.
我已准备好 愿意且有能力和我的兄弟决斗
I'm afraid that's not possible. Ms. Welsh is hors de combat.
我想那不可能 威尔士女士丧失战斗能力了
What did you call me?
你说我什么
Hors de combat --
丧失战斗能力
Quite literally, "outside the fight."
说白点 就是"无法参加决斗"
Women were barred from battle,
法律规定女性不得参加决斗
the thought being that their reproductive organs
因为她们的生殖器
could not sustain a blow.
无法承受打击
If I can't fight, I can't win.
不能决斗 我怎么能赢
A 12th century catch-22.
一条自相矛盾的十二世纪法令
Actually, the magistrate may name a champion
事实上 治安官可指定一名捍卫者
to fight in her place.
替她应战
The magistrate would be me.
我就是治安官
Who to pick?
选谁呢
Your honor. Excellent idea.
法官大人 谢谢你自告奋勇
I appoint barrister Grayson Kent to fight.
我指派格雷森·肯特律师前去应战
Tomorrow. At Medieval Mania.
明天在中世纪狂热俱乐部决斗
Do you have a preference of weapons, Mr. Kent?
肯特先生 你想选什么武器呢
How about broadswords, your honor?
法官大人 阔刀怎么样
Broadswords it is. May the best man win.
那就阔刀吧 愿强者取胜
Elisa, you're still here?
伊莉莎 你怎么还没走
Who are you trying to impress?
你这是想讨好谁啊
Hey. Put that down.
别乱动
I have a whole system worked out.
我都已经整理好了
You're digitizing closed files?
你在扫描旧文件吗
Yes. For Kim Kaswell.
对 金·卡斯维交给我的
And I have a deadline, so...
还给我定了期限
Well, don't stay too late.
别太晚回家
Jay.
杰
Have a good night.
晚安
You too.
晚安
Did you know that venison was consumed way before
你知道吗 人类远在食用鸡肉和牛肉前
people ever ate chicken or beef?
就开始吃鹿肉了
Did you know that Bernard King scored 19,655 points in his career
你知道吗 伯纳德·金在篮球生涯中♥共♥得19655分
but is not in the Hall of Fame?
却没进入名人堂
Why would I know that?
我怎么会知道
Why would I know about deer meat?
那我又怎么知道鹿肉的事
Not to change riveting subjects,
我不是故意转移话题
but...I saw Elisa digitizing files.
不过我看到伊莉莎在扫描文件
And?
然后呢
And I'm just wondering
我在想
剧集 | 美女上错身(2009) | 导航列表