剧集 | 美女上错身(2009) | 导航列表
Over the past 24 hours, I've come to understand
在过去的一天里 我意识到
that shoplifting will not solve our problems
偷窃并不能解决我们的问题
But will only create new ones.
而只会引发新的问题
Every day, I'm awed by what humanity has accomplished.
每一天 我都为人类的伟大成就所折服
When we come together, we build bridges and towers
我们齐心协力 能够用信念
that seem to stand by faith alone.
建起高塔 搭起桥梁
But more importantly, together, we build a community.
但更重要的是 我们共同构建了社区
Our challenge as a community and a congregation
我们社区和集♥会♥面临的挑战就是
is to ensure that none of us become so desperate...so invisible
要确保我们中不再有人因绝望或不受重视
that our only option for survival is to steal.
而不得不通过盗窃来维持生计
In the Lord's name...
以主之名
Amen.
阿门
Amen.
阿门
I thought we had an understanding.
我以为我们已经达成共识
You don't want to go back to court, now, do you?
你不想再上法庭了 对吗
No, I think we can settle this right here and now.
不 我认为我们现在就能解决
You've heard of the term "janitor's insurance" --
你听说过"门卫保险政策"吧
When a corporation takes out life-insurance policies
也就是说公♥司♥为基层员工
On their rank-and-file employees?
投人寿保险的政策
It's a little controversial.
这个政策有点争议
Yes, I know what it is.
我明白什么意思
FTH, the factory that employed our client's father,
雇佣我委托人父亲的FTH工厂
engaged in this controversial practice.
实施了这项有争议的政策
In fact, they took out a policy on his life.
实际上 他们给他投了人寿保险
Not illegal.
又不犯法
Except, under the doctrine of collateral estoppel,
但是根据间接禁反言原则
It is illegal for Practical Insurance
像这种索赔条件相同的情况
to pay out one policy and not the other
如果保险公♥司♥只赔付一起
when the claims are identical, which they are.
而拒赔另一起 那就违法了
And thanks to our subpoena,
多亏我们进行了一系列传唤
we know that our client isn't alone.
发现我的委托人并非孤军奋战
Now, you have something on our client.
你们有我们委托人的把柄
We have something on you.
我们也有你们的把柄
So, you're blackmailing us.
你这摆明了是敲诈
We're negotiating on behalf of our client.
我们不过是代表委托人进行磋商
We'll pay,
我们赔
As long as you don't go to any other potential claimants.
条件是你方不得寻找其他潜在索赔人
We'd like a check by the end of the day.
今天下班之前把支票送来
Wait a minute.
等一下
Jane, I need to speak to you outside.
简 我想跟你出去聊一聊
Okay.
好吧
I can't take that deal.
我不想接受这个协议
What? Why?
什么 为什么啊
You heard that lawyer.
你也听到那个律师的话了
I won't let my father's friends and co-workers
我不想让我父亲的朋友和同事
be taken by that company.
受制于那家公♥司♥
Elisa, you need the money, and you need your job.
伊莉莎 可你既需要赔付金又不能丢工作
Well, if we reject their offer
如果咱们拒绝他们的条件
And they report me to the Nursing Board,
他们就会向护士局告发我
I still get the insurance money, though, right?
但我还是会得到赔付 对吧
Probably, but you'll lose your license.
一般会的 但你会丢掉工作执照
I can find another job.
我可以找别的工作
I won't change my mind.
我心意已决
Okay.
好吧
Kim!
金
Pastor.
牧师
I think we're past that.
看来咱们搞定了
But, seriously, how'd you get me released so quickly?
不过说真的 你怎么这么快就把我捞出来的
Well, you did most of the work yourself in your sermon.
多亏了你自己的布道
The A.U.S.A. has offered up deals for both you and your daughter.
AUSA向你和你女儿提出了条件
No jail time but plenty of community service.
不需坐牢 但要做不少社工服务
I don't know how to thank you.
真不知道该如何感谢你
Sorry. No. Don't be.
对不起 不 别说对不起
I need to come clean about something.
我得跟你坦白
There's someone else.
我在跟别人交往
And kissing me made you realize
是不是你吻过我之后
how much you'd rather be kissing him?
发现自己真正想吻的是他
No. Yes.
不 其实是的
Maybe.
可能吧
I appreciate the honesty.
感谢你坦诚相告
"The world is too dangerous for anything but truth
"若无真理 世事奸险
And too small for anything but love."
若无真爱 天下狭隘"
The esteemed reverend William Sloane Coffin.
备受尊敬的威廉·斯隆·科芬神父说的
Um, well, "Thank you for being a friend."
好吧 "感谢你愿作我的好朋友"
The theme song to "The Golden Girls."
电视剧《黄金女郎》主题曲里唱的
Jane?
简
I got your message.
我收到你的信息了
Please, come sit down.
快请坐
I'm so sorry, but, as we thought,
很遗憾 但是正如我们预料
The Nursing Board is suspending your license
护士局在进行全面调查期间
pending a full investigation.
要吊销你的执照
Yeah.
好吧
Well, at least I get to keep the insurance money
至少我保住了赔付金
and pay off some bills.
付清了一些账单
Yeah.
没错
You know what? Let's go get a drink.
咱们去喝一杯吧 怎么样
Celebrate the good news and forget about the bad.
庆祝一下这个好消息 把坏事甩到脑后
I would, but I got to...
我很想去 但是我得...
Oh, of course. You have to get home to Eric.
对了 你得回家照顾艾瑞克
Yeah.
是啊
Okay, are you sure that you don't want to tell Parker?
好吧 你真的不想告诉帕克吗
Tell me what?
什么事要告诉我
Uh, the bad news.
坏消息
I heard, and that's why I'm here.
我听说了 我来就为了这事儿
While we fight to help you keep your nursing license,
在我们帮你打官司保住护士执照期间
I'd like to offer you a job here.
你可以过来上班
Really?
真的吗
One of our temps quit. It's mostly clerical stuff.
我们有个临时工辞职了 基本是文员的工作
I'll take it. Great.
我愿意做 好极了
Let's go fill out some paperwork
过来填几份表格吧
So you can get started immediately.
然后就可以上岗了
Okay.
好的
Jane...
简
Thank you so much for...everything.
谢谢你为我做的一切
You're welcome.
不客气
What are you doing, Stace?
史黛西 干嘛呢
I am trying to meditate, but every time I close my eyes,
我在努力做冥想 但是我一闭上眼睛
I just see Fred's face,
全是弗雷德的样子
And if you're going to yell at me some more, please don't.
你要是想吼我 求你憋回去
I'm not gonna yell at you.
人家才不要吼你
He's gone.
他走了
He took all of his things, even our toothbrush.
他把东西都拿走了 连我俩的牙刷都没留
You share a toothbrush?
你俩居然共用一只牙刷
Well, not anymore.
以后没得用了
Do you hate me, too?
你也恨我吗
I'm just sad for you guys.
我只是为你们难过
You know, I thought you were so happy.
我一直觉得你们很幸福
Did I make a huge mistake?
我是不是犯了大错
I mean, should I go find him and beg for him to come back?
你说 我要不要去找他 求他回来
Are you ready to give up Brian?
你决心放弃布莱恩了吗
No...I'm not.
没 下不了决心
Sweetie, are you going out?
亲爱的 你要出门吗
Yeah. Owen asked me to dinner,
是啊 欧文要请我吃饭
not that he'd notice if I didn't show up.
我要是不去 他都不一定能发现
What?
此话怎讲
I think we're just friends...
我觉得我俩只是普通朋友
...which is fine.
这样也挺好
Ooh, I gotta go.
我得走了
Bye.
再见
Bye.
再见
剧集 | 美女上错身(2009) | 导航列表