剧集 | 美女上错身(2009) | 导航列表
I drove to the wife's house in Encino,
开车到了恩西诺市 他妻子的家
took a picture of the perfectly happy couple
拍了一张这对甜蜜夫妻的合影
enjoying a romantic dinner.
他们正在享用浪漫的晚餐
You trespassed,
你擅闯了私人领地
and now you sound as crazy as your client.
你的话像你的委托人一样疯狂
Is this really how you're gonna spend your life, Parker?
帕克 你真的想就这样度过一生吗
Selling your integrity by the hour?
将你的正直按小时出♥售♥
You had no problem taking a paycheck when you worked here.
你在这儿工作的时候 拿工资拿得也很安心啊
Now get out of my office.
现在请离开我的办公室
Hello, Bingum.
宾格温 你好啊
You kick me out of your office.
你把我从你的办公室赶出来
Then you ask me to meet you on the eighth hole.
然后让我在第八洞处见你
What's going on?
你葫芦里到底卖♥♥的什么药
You know much about building a golf course?
你了解建造高尔夫球场的过程吗
What? No.
什么 不了解
At least I don't think I do.
至少我认为我不了解
Pay attention --
仔细听
You might learn something.
你会学到些东西的
Okay.
好吧
Five years ago, this land was dry and flat.
五年前 这块地干燥平坦
A developer turned it into this --
一个开放商把它改造成现在这样
with hills and valleys.
蜿蜒起伏
How do you suppose he did that?
你觉得他怎么做到的
Dirt.
用土
Lots and lots of dirt.
非常非常多的土
Parker, what is going on?
帕克 你什么意思
Seriously, did you have a stroke or something?
说真的 你是不是中风了
You're acting really weird.
你表现得很奇怪
Hey, Bingum -- Catch.
宾格温 接住
Ms. LaRose, you're known as the "Don't give it away" lady,
拉罗斯小姐 你被誉为"不要轻易献身"小姐
correct? Yes.
对吧 对
So, after my client called you a hoover
我的委托人称你为风尘女
and left your seminar,
并离开你的讲堂后
how many attendees wanted their money back?
有多少参与者想要回他们的学费
None.
没有人
How many cancellations for your upcoming seminars?
你之后的讲堂课程取消了多少场
Again, none.
还是没有
But Teri Lee told a roomful of women
但李泰丽告诉一屋子的女人
that you gave it away.
说你轻易献过身
I mean, surely that would hurt business.
这肯定影响了你的生意
Nobody listens to Teri Lee.
没人相信李泰丽的话
Nobody ever listened to Teri Lee.
从来就没人相信过李泰丽
An excellent point, Marcie. Thank you.
说得很好 玛茜 多谢
What?
什么
Your honor, the defense moves to dismiss.
法官大人 被告请求驳回上诉
The law is clear.
法律上明确规定
Slander requires at least the possibility that the victim
公共舆♥论♥至少要对受害人造成伤害
be damaged by the public utterances.
才构成诽谤罪
By Ms. LaRose's own admission,
刚才拉罗斯小姐自己已经承认
neither her business nor her reputation suffered one bit.
她的生意和声誉都没受到任何影响
Hold on. I meant --
等会 我是说...
You were prefectly clear, Ms. LaRose.
拉罗斯小姐 你已经说得很清楚了
This case is dismissed.
驳回上诉
Thank you.
谢谢
Yeah, whatever.
不客气
Marcie...
玛茜
I'm sorry I started that rumor.
很抱歉 我制♥造♥了谣言
I'm sorry I hurt your feelings.
伤害了你的感情
Let me get one thing perfectly clear --
我想先说清楚一件事
Nothing you could ever say could hurt my feelings.
不管你说什么 都不会伤害到我的感情
Well, if that's the case,
好吧 既然这样
I don't feel bad calling you a bit--
我看我也不用客气地叫你...
Hello, Mrs. Lee.
你好 李太太
Hello, Marcie. I'm sorry to interrupt.
你好玛茜 抱歉打扰一下
But let me be perfectly clear.
但让我说清楚
I listen to Teri Lee,
我相信李泰丽的话
and I believe she was about to call you a bitch.
我知道她打算叫你贱♥人♥
And I couldn't agree more.
而且我也非常赞同
Let's go eat some smelly kimchi.
我们去吃臭泡菜吧
Mr. Turner,
特纳先生
do you remember what happened to the dirt
学校的地基打好以后
that was removed from the high-school lot
你还记得那些挖出来的土
after you dug the foundation?
被运去哪里了吗
It was several years ago.
已经好几年了
1,000 tons were delivered to the Agoura country club --
一千吨♥的泥土被运往亚哥拉乡村俱乐部
to create the hills and ponds and fairways.
用于建造山丘 池塘和高尔夫球道
I would like to submit
我想把这份提货单
this bill of lading as the plaintiff's exhibit 6.
作为原告的第六号♥证物呈上
Your honor, how much more of this
法官大人 我们还得继续坐在这里
do we need to sit through?
听这些无关的事吗
Didn't you dismiss for lack of evidence?
不是已经判定缺乏证据 驳回上诉了吗
That was before she filed a qui tam suit,
那是在她提出共分罚款的上诉之前
allowing her to sue personally on behalf of the high school --
现在她有权以个人名义代表学校提出上诉
A shrewd legal maneuver that I did not see coming.
很聪明的一招 我都没想到
So, Mr. Turner,
那么 特纳先生
if the soil from the high-school site is not toxic,
如果从学校地基里挖出来的土没有毒的话
then you shouldn't have any trouble eating this orange from a tree
这个桔子是从在那土里长了两年的树上摘的
that's been growing in that soil for the past two years.
你尝尝它应该没什么问题吧
Objection.
反对
Sustained. Ms. Bingum,
反对有效 宾格温女士
there will be no snacking on the allegedly tainted citrus.
法庭将不允许试吃据称被污染的柑橘
No problem.
没关系
I've paid an independent testing company
我已经请了一家独♥立♥的检测公♥司♥
to test the soil around the Agoura country club
对亚哥拉乡村俱乐部附近的土壤
for lead contamination.
进行了铅污染的检测
The preliminary testing has yielded
初步测试得到了
some pretty interesting results.
非常有意思的结果
In fact, I have an e-mail here from --
实际上 我这里有封邮件
Your honor,
法官大人
may I take a moment to consult with my client?
请允许我和我的委托人协商一下
Why not?
没问题
What's going on there?
他们在干什么
Franklin's telling Parker
富兰克林在跟帕克说
that there's "a chance" that the soil study
高尔夫球场周围的土壤测试
from the golf course might find some lead.
有"可能"会发现一些铅元素
And now Parker is telling Franklin that if that's the case,
现在帕克在告诉富兰克林 如果是这样
now might be a really good time to make us a settlement offer.
现在是和我们私下和解的最佳时机
So Franklin is getting angry
但富兰克林很生气
and telling Parker there must be something he can do.
跟帕克说他总得做些什么
So Parker is going to turn to me and say...
所以帕克会来找我谈
Ms. Bingum, can we step outside?
宾格温女士 我们能出去谈谈吗
Absolutely.
没问题
With your permission, your honor. Of course.
如果法官大人您允许的话 当然
While I'm out, say hello.
等我出去了 打个招呼
Catherine?
凯萨琳
Thank you.
谢谢你
You're welcome.
别客气
Bingum!
宾格温
Congratulations on your win, counselor.
恭喜你赢了 大律师
Thank you.
谢谢你
And thank you for the tour of the golf course.
也非常感谢高尔夫球场之旅
I have no idea what you're talking about.
我不知道你在说什么
After you left my office,
你离开我办公室以后
I had an obligation to assess the validity of your accusation.
我有责任考虑你指控的有效性
The courts frown upon subordination of perjury,
法庭可不喜欢唆使作伪证的行为
and I couldn't be a part of that.
我也不想掺合进去
Wow. That's a load of legal crap.
这么多法律术语堆成的废话
Your only obligation was to keep your mouth shut
你唯一的责任就是闭嘴
and protect your client.
保护你客户的利益
Former client.
前客户
剧集 | 美女上错身(2009) | 导航列表