剧集 | 美女上错身(2009) | 导航列表
a cause of action upon which relief can be granted.
我方需给予救济金的诉由
The cause of action is negligence --
诉由就是被告出现过失
straightforward and demonstrable.
这显而易见 有理有据
She may be calling it "negligence,"
对方律师称之为"过失"
But this is actually a wrongful-life suit --
可这实际上是个不当生命诉讼案
She's saying Ms. Haller should never have given birth to her son.
她在控诉哈勒太太不该生下她的儿子
Such suits are barred, per California Civil Code 43.6.
根据加州民法43章第6条 这种诉讼是禁止的
We are not suing for wrongful life,
我们并非起诉不正当生命权
Only for the medical costs
而只是为了争取
associated with Mr. Haller's conditions.
因哈勒先生的病情而产生的医疗费用
It amounts to the same thing. No, but
这两者并无差别 不 可是...
Sorry. I agree. This avenue is closed.
抱歉 我同意被告方观点 休庭
I-I'm sorry
对不起
It's okay, Ms. Bingum.
没关系 宾格温小姐
I will come up with another way. No.
我会想其它办法 不用
Mom! You heard the judge.
妈 你刚才也听到了
Let's go.
走吧
What are you doing here?
你来干什么
I have been a bad guardian angel.
我一直是个不称职的守护天使
Well, we all know that's true.
这不是明摆着的吗
Why the sudden realization?
怎么突然觉悟了
Teri told me you were stressing out because you haven't heard back
那位和你一夜激♥情♥的医生没给你回信
from the did-it-on-the-first-date doctor.
泰利告诉我你因为这事很紧张
Um, he's a neurosurgeon. And what are you gonna do about it?
他可是名神经外科医生 你想怎么样
I could offer advice.
我能给你意见
I could listen. I am at your service.
我能倾听你的心声 为你效劳
Okay, yeah, I think I liked you better
好吧 其实你只管忙活自己的事时
When you were more self-absorbed.
我更喜欢你
Did you call him? Yes.
你给他打电♥话♥了吗 打了
Maybe he didn't get the message. You should call him again.
他可能没注意到 你该再打给他
I called four times.
我已经打了四次了
Maybe I should have gotten to you sooner.
或许我该早点来找你
You know, Fred, right now
弗雷德 此时此刻
Maybe you should focus on your own relationship.
或许你该专注在你自己的感情问题上
What? Why? It's amazing.
什么 为什么 我们感情好极了
Do you know something?
你是不是有事瞒着我
Stacy thinks you have a secret
史黛西觉得你藏着秘密
because you never talk about your past.
因为你从不谈论自己的过去
I'm a guardian angel. I don't have a past.
我是个守护天使 就没有过去
Well, you better figure out something to say
那你最好在感情破裂前
before this all ends badly.
赶紧想一套说辞
Would she believe
她会相信
that I'm a Romanian gymnast who didn't have a childhood?
我是个失去童年的罗马尼亚体操运动员吗
Keep working on it.
换个更有说服力的
Your honor, Sierra Santell is an employee
法官大人 塞拉·桑特尔是一名雇员
and therefore entitled to the protections
因此有权享有国家法所规定的
afforded employees by state law.
雇员本应受到的保护
Dancers like Sierra have historically
像西塞拉这样的舞娘
been considered independent contractors.
向来都被认为是独♥立♥承包人
They come and go as they choose.
她们来去自♥由♥
They move from club to club
可随意选择俱乐部
And therefore are not employees.
因此算不上雇员
In Hart vs. Rick's Cabaret,
在哈特与里克餐馆的案件中
A federal judge defined an employee as
一位联邦法官将雇员定义为
working for someone who "has complete control
其雇主为"对工作场所活动
over workplace activities."
有绝对掌控权"的人
Here, my client's employer determined where she worked,
而我委托人的雇主决定了她的工作场所
when she worked...
她的工作时间...
And he also picked my music.
我的配乐也是他挑选的
And in the bathroom, there's a sign
而且 在洗手间里有个指示牌
for all employees to wash their hands -- which I do.
提醒所有员工洗手 我服从了指示
There you have it.
情况就是这样
By law, she is an employee --
依据法律 她是一名雇员
with clean hands.
并有着洁净的双手
I agree.
我同意辩方观点
Ms. Santell is hereby reinstated as an employee at la muse,
根据法律规定 桑特尔小姐就此恢复雇员身份
with all benefits retroactive to the date of hire.
并享受从雇佣关系成立起的所有福利
Uh, Ms. Santell?
对了 桑特尔小姐
Love the shoes.
我很喜欢你的鞋
Told you.
我就说嘛
How does this sound?
这样写如何
"In conclusion, Kim Kaswell
"综上所述 金·卡斯维
"is not just a brilliant lawyer and an inspiring leader,
不仅辩护能力出色 还具有卓越的领导力
she is one of the most decent human beings I have ever met."
她是我见过最正派的人之一"
What are you doing?
这是什么啊
I heard Parker's refusing to write recommendations on Kim's behalf,
我听说帕克不愿给金写推荐信
so I thought we could do it.
那我们可以帮她写
Why would we want to do it?
我们为什么要帮她写
'Cause if she gets a job at another firm,
如果她去了其它的事务所
she won't be coming back here.
就不会再回来了
I thought you would like the idea.
我这是在帮你啊
No.
不是
It's not that. I let Eli down.
不是这个问题 我让伊莱失望了
My motion on the Haller case got rejected
哈勒一案的诉求被驳回的速度
faster than Galliano's Spring Collection.
比加利亚诺的春装下架还快
My cousin used a sperm bank. Totally state-of-the-art.
我亲戚也去过那种"最先进的"的精♥子♥库
She wanted a baby half-Korean, half-Brazilian.
她想要一个韩国和巴西混血的宝宝
Now she's got a math whiz with a totally hot bod.
后来生的孩子兼具数学天赋和健美身材
Mark my words -- custom-made babies
记住我的话 "订制"宝宝
are the natural evolution of our culture.
是人类文明自然进化的趋势
When they make ones that don't cry, sign me up.
如果哪天能造出不哭不闹的 我就生一个
Teri, you are a genius.
泰丽 你是个天才
I know. Why?
我知道啊 怎么了
Send ZygoLife a notice of discovery demanding information
书面通知泽果来福 要求对方提供
on how they screened their sperm in 1993.
1993年对精♥子♥进行筛选的手段
Okay.
好
Then call Molly Haller and tell her I'm on my way.
然后通知莫莉·哈勒我要过去
We just got a new cause of action.
我们有一个新的诉由
Which is...
是什么
ZygoLife claimed that their "product" was state-of-the-art.
既然泽果来福声称他们的"产品"是最先进的
We're suing for product liability.
我们就提起产品责任诉讼
You want to compare my son to a busted toaster?
你拿我儿子和劣质的烤箱相提并论
A toaster? No.
烤箱 不是的
Yes and no.
既是也不是
We are suing for product liability
提起产品责任诉讼
as a way around ZygoLife's defense.
就能让泽果来福的辩词不攻自破
That's awesome. No, it's repulsive.
太好了 简直不可接受
It's a means to an end.
这只是一种手段
It's what I've been fighting against since Eli was born.
从伊莱出生起 我一直在为他争取别人的尊重
He's not a defective product.
他不是一件有瑕疵的产品
I am not saying he's defective, absolutely not.
我没说他有瑕疵 我不是那个意思
I'm saying that ZygoLife's state-of-the-art process
我想说的是泽果来福所谓"最先进的"技术
was defective.
是有瑕疵的
That's splitting hairs.
你这是咬文嚼字
Mom I'm sorry.
妈 我很抱歉
No one's ever gonna say that
我不许任何人说
you are not perfect just the way you are.
你现在这个样子不好
Please leave.
请走吧
Come on.
咱们走
Hello. Hi.
你好 你好
Eli, you scared me. I-I didn't see you come in.
伊莱 你吓到我了 我没看见你进来
No one did. I'm desk height.
别人也没看见 我和桌子一样高
Right.
也对
The product-liability angle, let's do it.
就按你说的 提起产品责任诉讼
Okay, I really do want to help you, but your mom said no.
我倒是愿意帮你 但你妈妈不同意
You think we can win, right?
我们会胜诉的 对吧
I think we'd have a shot.
我只能说有胜诉的机会
This morning, we got an eviction notice.
今天早上 我们被房♥东下了驱逐令
Three jobs --
我妈打三份工
and my mom can't afford rent and... me.
还是付不起房♥租和我的治疗费用
剧集 | 美女上错身(2009) | 导航列表