剧集 | 美女上错身(2009) | 导航列表
Let me get a pen so I can write some of these fun facts down.
让我找只笔 把这些有趣的例子记下来
Your honor, I think you'll agree
法官大人 您应该同意
we don't need a history lesson here.
我们不是来上历史课的
No, no. It's not history.
不 这不是历史
The same thing is happening right now.
现在就是历史重演
Mountainside High was ordered
马顿塞德高中被要求
to grant a gay couple access to their prom,
允许同性情侣参加舞会
but the administration didn't want
但负责人不愿意
gay kids dancing near the straight kids,
让同性恋和异性恋的孩子在一起跳舞
so they shut the prom down.
于是取消了舞会
You're just pontificating.
你的说法太武断了
Really?
真的吗
Pontificate this --
武断的是
Mountainside High is engaging in de facto discrimination
马顿塞德高中基于性取向的原因
based on the sexual orientation of my client.
对我的委托人表现出了事实歧视
The prom's cancelation
取消舞会
has nothing to do with discrimination, de facto or otherwise.
与任何形式的歧视都无关
It has to do with upholding federal policy.
这样做符合联邦政策
What?!
什么
In 1996, the federal government passed
1996年 联邦政♥府♥通过了
the Defense of Marriage Act, defining marriage
《婚姻保护♥法♥》 其中将婚姻定义为
as the union between one man and one woman.
一位男性与一位女性的结合
Oh, please. These girls aren't asking to get married.
得了吧 这两个女孩又不是要结婚
They just want to do the electric slide as a couple.
她们只想以情侣身份跳电步舞
True, but allowing a same-sex couple to attend prom
是的 但允许同性情侣参加舞会
violates the spirit of the federal law.
违反了联邦法律的精神
Isn't it exhausting coming up with all these reasons
你还真是绞尽脑汁 找出这么多理由
to deny Julia and Nina access to their prom?
阻止茱莉亚和妮娜参加舞会
I mean, imagine what you could do with all that creativity.
想象一下 你可以用这样的创造力干些什么
I hear scrapbooking is fun.
我听说制♥作♥剪贴簿很有趣
I will not allow anyone in this court to demean scrapbooking.
我不许法庭上的任何人贬低剪贴簿
Your honor, for the court to order an injunction,
法官大人 法庭发出禁制令的前提是
there has to be the risk of irreparable harm.
具有造成不可弥补伤害的风险
We're just talking about a dance.
而本案中只涉及到一场舞会而已
Although the school's argument is a stretch,
尽管校方的辩词是在歪曲法律
I don't see irreparable harm.
但没有造成不可挽回的伤害
The injunction is denied.
驳回禁制令申请
However, I do see sufficient evidence
但证据充分
to support a civil rights claim.
可进行民事权利索赔
Trial for damages will be set for next month.
损失赔偿案的审理定于下月进行
Next month?
下个月
But then these kids won't get a prom.
那两个孩子就去不成舞会了
I didn't go to prom, and I lived.
我没去过舞会 还不是活得好好的
Mr. Callahan, you met Ms. Nesterenko
卡拉汉先生 你是在哈萨克肤色网站上
on the site Kazak Kuties -- is that correct?
认识涅斯捷连科女士的 对吗
Uh, yes, but... you already know that.
对 但是...你们已经知道了啊
Tyler, this is a prep session.
泰勒 这是庭前准备
Want you to feel comfortable in court.
目的是让你在法庭上应对自如
Can we keep going?
可以继续了吗
Of course.
当然可以
And after you met Irina in Russia,
你在俄♥国♥见到艾瑞娜后
the two of you got married?
你们两人就结婚了
Yep, and then we moved back to Mississippi,
对 然后我们搬回了密西西比
birthplace of Mr. Elvis Presley.
猫王的出生地
And you are a marketing executive?
你是一名销♥售♥经理吗
Yeah, that's right.
对
How's business?
生意怎么样
Well, it was pretty good for a while,
生意一度很好
but marketing is usually the first thing cut
但销♥售♥业总会率先受到
once the economy tanks.
经济萧条的冲击
Yeah. And that's when Irina left you?
是啊 艾瑞娜是在那时离开你的吗
No. She -- she didn't leave me. I left her.
不是她离开了我 而是我离开了她
What?
什么
I felt terrible,
我当时很难过
but after a couple of months,
但几个月以后
I just kind of realized she wasn't right for me.
我发现她不适合我
You realized that?
你自己发现的吗
Yeah. I mean, I thought I'd found the one, but...
对 我还以为找到了真命天女 但是...
guess I was wrong.
看来我错了
Did she run up any bills on your credit card?
她是否滥刷过你的信♥用♥卡♥
No.
没有
What about the engagement ring?
订婚戒指呢
She gave it back to me.
她还给我了
Okay, um, I think that's all we need.
好的 我们该问的都问完了
Thank you so much for your time.
多谢您的配合
Thanks.
谢谢
Thank you.
谢谢
Wow. I did not see that one coming.
哇 真没想到是这样
Yeah, I don't get it.
我不太明白
He's a regular guy married to a cute Russian.
他只是娶了个漂亮俄♥国♥妞的普通人
The rules of a bad economy -- hold on to what you have.
经济不景气时的定律是 握紧你所拥有的
You don't kick it to the curb.
而不是将其一脚踢开
There are exceptions to every rule.
万事都有例外
I'm sorry.
抱歉
For what?
为什么
Chapter 7 -- never underestimate your support network.
书中第七章写道 永远不要低估你的支持者
Stacy, you are my entire network.
史黛西 你是我唯一的支持者
Well, every actor gets carried away.
每个演员都会偶尔忘乎所以
Yeah.
没错
I shouldn't have been so jealous.
我不该嫉妒你
I'm sorry I was insensitive.
抱歉我没照顾到你的感受
I-if you want, I can cancel the commercial.
如果你希望我放弃这个商业广♥告♥
What? No. No, no, no.
什么 不用
Come on. Let's hear you rehearse.
来吧 开始排练
Okay.
好的
I turn it on to...get it on.
瓶盖一开 活力无穷
What's wrong?
怎么了
Chapter 9 -- I need some inspiration.
书中第九章写道 我需要点灵感
Hey, I heard about prom. Sorry.
我听说舞会的事了 抱歉
Yeah, my client deserves better.
是啊 他们不该那么对我的客户
Wait, it's 9:00 p.m. On a friday night,
现在已经是周五晚上九点了
and you're at the office.
你还在办公室
you deserve better.
你不该这么对自己
Yeah, well, you're here, too.
不至于吧 你也还在啊
Well, my fianc ran out on me last week.
上周我未婚妻抛弃了我
What's your excuse?
你的理由是什么
The guy that I'm kind of dating said he was busy,
那个貌似在跟我约会的男人说他很忙
which means he is probably out
很可能是跟另一个女人
with one of the other women he is kind of dating.
出去约会了
Want me to beat him up?
想让我揍他一顿吗
Yep.
是啊
No, it's -- no, it's fine.
不用 没什么
I'm really trying to be fine with it.
我在努力适应
Well, I shouldn't be giving relationship advice,
虽然我在这方面的建议没太有说服力
but I do know one thing.
但我相信一件事
What's that?
什么
The guy's an idiot
这家伙还没意识到
if he doesn't realize what he has with you.
和你在一起有多幸运 真是个白♥痴♥
Thanks.
多谢
Good night, Jane.
晚安 简
Good night.
晚安
Good morning. Don't be so sure.
早上好 话别说太早
What? Principal Blake just called.
怎么了 布莱克校长刚打电♥话♥来
He wants to meet with you and the girls
希望你和姑娘们
in his office immediately.
立刻去他办公室
Julia and Nina are on their way.
茱莉亚和妮娜在路上了
Did he say why?
他没说为什么吗
No, but to be safe, park off-campus.
没有 不过安全起见 还是在校外停车吧
Yeah.
没错
I want to make you girls an offer.
我想和你们做个交易
剧集 | 美女上错身(2009) | 导航列表