剧集 | 美女上错身(2009) | 导航列表
and all of the firm's resources.
向她提供公♥司♥里的所有资源
Uh, is this because Kim's having a hard time finding a new job
金被迫离开公♥司♥ 找不到新的工作
and you feel bad because you're kind of
这都是你一手造成的
the reason she's not here anymore?
你是因为内疚才想帮她的吗
Kim's going after a chain of surgical centers.
金正在追查一系列的外科手术中心
If she wins, the award could be seven figures.
如果她打赢了这场官司 报酬可高达七位数
We could use some of those figures.
咱们公♥司♥可以拿到分成
Let her know we'll be covering all of her up-front costs.
告诉她 我们会包揽她前期的所有费用
And what if she says no? 'cause she's gonna say no.
如果她拒绝怎么办 她一定会拒绝的
Don't let her. She needs us.
别让她拒绝 她需要我们帮忙
Okay.
好的
I'll do it on one condition.
我答应你 但我有个条件
You handle Teri's case.
你来接手泰丽的案子
Thanks, but no, thanks.
谢谢 但是不必了
It can't be easy or cheap taking on a big case by yourself.
你独♥立♥处理一个大案子 既吃力又费钱
You'd have access to all the firm's resources.
你可以利用公♥司♥所有的资源
Oh, so this is coming from Parker.
这是帕克的主意吧
He says it's strictly business.
他说这绝对是公事公办
Kim, you know I have experience with malpractice cases.
金 你知道我对治疗失当的案子很有经验
Look, I didn't need your help at the firm,
听着 在公♥司♥里 我不需要你的帮助
and I don't need it now.
现在也不需要
Your honor, opposing counsel has ignored
法官大人 对方律师无视了
every single request for discovery regarding Sara Miller.
所有针对莎拉·米勒的证据开示请求
I'm requesting sanctions ag--
我请求批准...
What's the holdup, Mr. Hanson?
汉森先生 为什么要进行拖延
Looking at the paperwork, we never actually received
请您看一下文书 我们从未收到过
Miss Kaswell's second supplemental affidavit of good faith.
卡斯维小姐善意的补充证词
You've got to be kidding me. I --
你开什么玩笑 我...
What?
干嘛
Don't forget section 26A.
别忘了第26A条
I got it!
我知道
Your honor, civil procedure law section 26A
法官大人 民事诉讼法第26A条规定
does not require that affidavit
如在讯问阶段提出请求
in requests limited to interrogatories.
则无需提交补充证词
On the money, counselor.
说得没错 律师
Mr. Hanson, hand over discovery.
汉森先生 请上交调查证据
Right away.
马上
What's going on?
这是怎么回事
You brought discovery to court?
你把证据带上了法庭
We had no choice, your honor.
我们别无选择 法官大人
We couldn't find an office address for Miss Kaswell.
我们找不到卡斯维小姐的办公室地址
Here's the deal I don't interface with Parker. Done.
事先声明 我不想跟帕克见面 成交
Let the record reflect that any future correspondence
请记录一下 将来任何往来信件
can be addressed to Harrison & Parker.
都可以寄往哈里森与帕克律师事务所
We're in the book.
在黄页里可以找到我们
Lots of girls dream of being models,
许多女孩都梦想着成为模特
but they grow out of it.
但她们长大后都放弃了
Sara never did.
莎拉从没有放弃
Well, trust me. I know what that's like.
相信我 我了解那种感觉
At 13, she knew all the modeling agencies in town,
她十三岁时就知道镇上所有的模特经纪公♥司♥
she knew what head shots cost.
她知道拍大头照的价格
We had made a deal that she could pursue modeling
我们说好了 上完大学后
After she finished college.
她就可以追寻她的模特梦
And?
然后呢
She finished in three years.
她三年就完成了学业
And recently things were starting to happen for her.
最近 她的机会来了
She had an agent who was interested.
有个经纪人对她很有兴趣
But she felt that something was holding her back.
但是她觉得某些方面拖了她的后腿
Sara felt like she needed plastic surgery.
莎拉认为自己需要做整形手术
She wanted to augment her breasts.
她想要隆胸
I tried to put my foot down, but Sara --
我试图阻止她 但是莎拉...
she had done all the research.
她已经做了全面研究
And she really believed that a certain body type
认为拥有某种特定的体型
was more likely to book jobs.
更容易找到工作
and she didn't even want me to pay for it.
她不需要我为她付钱
She just wanted my support. I'm sorry.
只是需要我的支持 抱歉
No, don't apologize.
不用道歉
I brought my perfectly healthy girl into a surgery center,
我把健健康康的女儿送到一家手术中心
I gave her a kiss, and I never saw her alive again.
我吻了她 然后就再也没见她活着出来
Sara had a fatal reaction to the anesthesia.
莎拉对麻醉剂产生了致命的不良反应
The surgeon told me it was a freak accident
医生告诉我那是个意外事故
and there was nothing they could do.
他们也无可奈何
This particular "freak accident"
这个特别的"意外事故"
is a condition known as malignant hyperthermia.
叫做恶性高热症
And there was plenty they could have done.
其实他们有很多方法进行补救
They just simply didn't do it.
只是没救罢了
They killed my daughter.
他们杀了我女儿
The plaintiff owes her life to Mr.Rice ,
瑞斯先生救了原告的命
an off-duty fireman
他当时虽然已经下班
who risked his own life saving hers.
却还是奋不顾身地救了她
If I might add there are no grounds even to be here today,
我能插一句... 他今天甚至都不用出庭
as my client is shielded under "The firefighter's rule"
因为我的委托人受到"消防员规则"的保护
which immunizes him from lawsuits.
使他可以免于诉讼
We move that you dismiss.
我们希望您驳回上诉
I'm inclined to agree, counsel.
我愿意批准你的请求 律师
Unless you have something to add.
除非你还有要补充的
Well, t-there is one thing.
我的确想补充一点
Mr. Rice isn't actually a fireman.
瑞斯先生实际上不是一名消防员
Excuse me?
你说什么
Ask him.
问他自己
I'm sorry.
对不起
Your honor, we're gonna need a brief recess.
法官大人 我们要求暂时休庭
Are you freaking kidding me?!
你这混♥蛋♥在耍我吗
I-I wanted to tell you. I tried.
我想过要告诉你 我试过
Tried?! When did you try?!
试过 你什么时候试过
When you were in bed with me in your fake fireman hat
和我在床上的时候吗 戴着假的消防帽
and your fake fireman badge and
别着假的消防徽章
your fake fireman boots?!
穿着假的消防靴
You wore your boots in bed?
你在床上还穿靴子
I never want to see you again.
我再也不想看到你了
If you were my real boyfriend,
如果你真的是我男朋友
I would hit you so hard right now!
我会立马痛扁你一顿
Oh, what the hell!
管它是不是呢
Without conceding liability,
在不认责的情况下
My clients are prepared
我的委托人准备
to reimburse the cost of Sara's procedure.
偿还莎拉的手术损失
$4,000?
四千美元
Is this a joke?
你在开玩笑吗
This is a sympathetic gesture.
这么做已经很有同情心了
After all, your client didn't actually pay for the procedure.
毕竟 你的委托人并没有支付手术费
Wow. You didn't just say that.
你也真敢说
You're off by many zeroes.
你们少加了好几个零
Look, this case goes to trial,
如果这个案子进入庭审阶段
the jury is gonna see your clients for what they are --
陪审团会看清你的委托人们的真实面目--
The Jiffy Lube of medicine.
医疗界的捷飞洛[声名狼藉的汽修公♥司♥]
You cut corners to save yourself a few bucks,
你们为了省钱而偷工减料
and it cost Sara Miller her life.
却搭上了莎拉·米勒的命
Dr. Lyman, an esteemed surgeon,
莱曼医生是一位受人尊敬的外科医生
has performed hundreds of these procedures
他在加州大学洛杉矶分校
without incident, both at UCLA
和他参与创办的南国手术中心
and as founding partner of the Southland surgicenters.
做过上百例手术 从未出过事故
True or false, doctor --
医生 请实话实说...
You knew total organ failure,
你知道器官功能彻底衰竭
also known as malignant hyperthermia,
也就是恶性高热症
was a possibility with the anesthetic you used.
有可能是由你所使用的麻醉剂引起的
It's always a possibility, though a remote one.
一向都有种可能 但几率很小
Yet you failed to stock your O.R. with dantrium,
但你没有在手术室中储备丹曲林
the one drug that would have saved Sara Miller's life.
这种药物本可以救莎拉·米勒的命
The A.M.A. recommends 36 units on hand for every operation.
美国医学学会推荐了36种手术必备药物
You had none.
你一种都没有
剧集 | 美女上错身(2009) | 导航列表