剧集 | 美女上错身(2009) | 导航列表
So, you were lured to the casino with the promise of seaweed...
所以 你是被海藻引诱进赌场的
I'm sorry. How did they "trick you"?
抱歉 他们是怎么"骗你"的
Oh, it's all right here.
都写在这里面了
"The environment of intoxication"?
"沉醉的环境"
It's my term, but the research is sound.
这虽是我的个人说法 但这研究还是有凭有据的
You see, casinos use deceptive techniques
赌场运用了一些迷惑人的技术
to get you to keep gambling.
让你赌得不可自拔
Lights on the slot machines
老虎机上的灯光
trigger your brain's pleasure centers
触发你的快♥感♥中枢
into thinking you're winning when you're losing.
给你造成赢钱的错觉
Chimes lull you into complacency.
钟乐让你陷入自满
Oxygenated air keeps you feeling reassured.
充氧的空气使你感到心安
Colors keep you awake,
鲜艳的色彩让你保持清醒
plus all the easy credit and the -- and the free liquor...
加上宽松的信贷 还有免费的烈酒
I was so out of it that I fell down
我醉得一塌糊涂 结果摔倒了
and had to be taken to a hospital.
还被送进了医院
I mean, if not for that, I might have lost even more money.
要不是这样 我还会输掉更多
I'm sorry, I just don't see a valid cause of action.
抱歉 我还是找不出正当的诉由
Okay, um, maybe you weren't paying attention.
好吧 可能你还没有注意到
Let's just go over the book one more time.
我们再仔细看一遍这本书
Oh, I got it.
我看明白了
Actually, would you just excuse us for a second?
能让我和她单独谈会儿吗
Stacy. Outside.
史黛西 出来
Now.
马上
What?
怎么啦
You know I hate that woman.
你知道我恨那个女的
She made my sorority life a living hell.
我在姐妹会的日子被她整得像是炼狱
But it's been years.
但已经过去好多年了
Look, I know back in college, she was a little Nanny McPhee--
我知道大学时她有点像保姆麦克菲
Really? More like Cruella De Vil.
是吗 更像恶魔克鲁拉吧
She accused me of not paying attention at Chi smile hour.
她批评我在微笑练习时注意力不集中
She picked on me for my posture at Beta Fest.
她对我在贝塔节上的姿势指手划脚
And let's not forget the Gaultier Toga party
别忘了在高提耶长袍派对上
where she blamed me for setting fire to the house.
她还指责我放火烧了房♥子
Well, you did rent the torches and leave them by the drapes.
你确实租来了火把 还放在了窗帘边上
Not relevant.
和这没关系
Sweetie, there's something else.
亲爱的 还有件事
She confiscated my sorority pin.
她没收了我的姐妹会徽章
You never told me that.
你从没告诉过我
Because it's the worst thing that can happen to a sister.
因为那对一个姐妹来说是最大的耻辱
I was ashamed.
我羞于启齿
I am so sorry.
真对不起
Still, she's been so nice to me.
但是 她曾对我非常好
And ever since we got back in touch on Facebook,
我们在Facebook联♥系♥上后
I've gotten this feeling that she's sad.
我觉得她很不幸
I mean, she still lives in that sorority.
我是说 她还住在那个姐妹会宿舍
You know the studio above the garage?
你知道车♥库♥上面的那间工作室吗
Ew, the one with the Laura Ashley wallpaper
就是那个贴着罗兰爱思墙纸
and lime-green appliances?
摆着柠檬绿电器的工作室吗
Yes!
是的
And now that casino is taking advantage of her?
现在赌场在占她的便宜
It is not right.
天理不容
Well, the "environment of intoxication" argument --
"沉醉的环境"之说
it's not gonna work in court.
在法庭上是站不住脚的
Well, with your brain, I am sure you can think of something.
你这么聪明 肯定能想出办法来的
Fine, Stacy, but be clear -- it is not for her.
好吧 史黛西 但要明白 我不是为了她
No. It's for you.
不 是为了你
And Beta Delta Chi.
还有BDC姐妹会
"A Beta Delta Chi is loyal and true..."
"BDC的姐妹忠诚又真实..."
Stacy.
史黛西
"...sisters forever to see you through."
"姐♥妹♥们♥永远伴你渡过难关"
Your honor, she gambled. She lost.
法官大人 她去赌博 输了钱
End of story.
仅此而已
A preliminary in rem hearing for debt amelioration
申请进行债务完善的对物诉讼预审
is a pretty big ask.
可是个不小的诉求
Maybe so, but in this case, it is necessary.
也许吧 但在这个案子中是必要的
We cite dram shop liability.
我们引用酒店责任法
Really? That old chestnut?
是吗 又是那套陈词滥调
The casino let my client get drunk and gamble.
赌场使我的委托人喝醉并赌博
In fact, they encouraged her to drink excessively.
实际上 他们鼓励她过度饮酒
Theretofore, under that "old chestnut,"
至此 根据那个"陈词滥调"的法规
they are responsible for her losses.
他们应当为她的损失承担责任
I'll hear you out, counselor,
我会听完你的陈述 律师
but I make no promise of a full trial.
但不能保证进行全面审讯
Thank you.
谢谢您
Here is a security video
这是从沙漠之泉赌场
subpoenaed from the Desert Springs Casino.
传讯的监控录像
As you can see,
我们可以看到
it shows my client getting up from the slot machine
我的委托人从老虎机旁站起来
with a drink in her hand.
手里还拿着酒杯
And she falls down.
然后她醉倒了
The casino took Ms. Mulraney to the hospital
赌场将穆拉妮小姐送入了医院
to treat a gash on her head.
来处理她头上的伤口
But the point is, your honor,
但是法官大人 问题在于
she should have been cut off well before this.
早在此之前 赌场就应停止向她供酒
We'd like to call a medical expert
我们想传唤一位医学专家
to testify to Ms. Mulraney's level of intoxication.
来证明穆拉妮小姐的醉酒程度
Dr. Preminger,
普雷明格医生
you're medical consultant to the Desert Springs Casino.
你是沙漠之泉赌场的医学顾问吗
That's right. One question
没错 问一个问题
was Ms. Mulraney drunk while gambling?
穆拉妮小姐赌博时是否醉了
Objection.
反对
How in the world would that doctor
那位医生怎么会了解
know anything about my client?
我委托人的情况呢
Why don't we let the doctor answer that?
我们能听听医生怎么回答吗
Let's hear it.
请回答
The, uh, hospital took a blood panel.
医院的血检报告显示
Blood-alcohol level was 0.4%,
血液酒精含量为0.4%
which is well below the state's legal limit.
远低于国家法定含量
Nothing further.
讯问完毕
Doctor, state criteria aside,
医生 撇开国家标准
could a 0.4 blood-alcohol level
0.4的血液酒精含量
impair my client's ability to think clearly?
会导致我的委托人无法♥正♥常思考吗
I wouldn't think so, no.
我认为不会
No?
不会
No.
不会
What if the alcohol was just part of the equation?
如果酒精只是因素之一呢
I don't follow.
我不明白
Sights, sounds, oxygenated air.
灯光 音效 充氧空气
Could all of these elements,
所有这些元素
combined with the alcohol in my client's system,
加上我的委托人体内的酒精
create an "environment of intoxication?"
能不能构成一个"沉醉环境"呢
It isn't a medically-recognized condition.
这不属于医学上认可的情况
Well, neither was post-traumatic stress disorder before 1980,
1980年前的创伤后压力症候群
Asperger's before 1994,
1994年前的阿斯伯格综合症
or SARS before 2003.
以及2003年前的非♥典♥也都不属于
Isn't that right?
对吗
I guess so.
是的
This casino created an environment of intoxication,
这个赌场创造了一种沉醉的环境
which, by definition, is a predatory practice
从定义上看 这是一种压榨的行径
and theretofore is illegal.
因此是非法的
She's slandering the entire gaming industry.
她在诽谤整个赌博业
Theretofore, we ask that you dismiss this nonsense.
据此 我们请求驳回这扯淡的控诉
Given the facts limited to this case,
考虑到此案的特殊性
I'm allowing the trial to proceed.
我宣布审讯可以继续
Parker, the woman's a whack job.
帕克 那女人疯了
She's in love with her plant.
她爱上了一盆植物
Psychologists refer to Dr. Foley's condition
心理学家把芙蕾博士这种情况
as "object sexuality."
称为"物体性性取向"
A few years back, a world-champion archer
几年前 有个射箭世界冠军
剧集 | 美女上错身(2009) | 导航列表