剧集 | 我们的生活 | 导航列表
但现在不是时候
But now is not the time.
现在我们应该庆祝你的新家庭
Now is the time to celebrate your new family.
是的
Yes.
我真不敢相信你跟她说了《MMMBop》的故事
I can't believe you told her the "MMMBop" Story.
你的表几点了
What time does your watch say?
九点五十三
9:53.
九点五十三 那就好
9:53. That's good.
我本来还担心咱家所有的表都走快了呢
I was worried maybe all the clocks in the house were fast.
我本来不想指责你
I didn't want to accuse you of being
毫无理由地迟到了三个小时五十三分钟
three hours and 53 minutes late for no reason.
-听我说 小艾 -就一晚
- Look, Es, I... - One night.
我只求你今晚六点回家
I asked you for one night to come home at 6:00
和你儿子一起吃顿晚饭
to have dinner with your son.
他特别期待你可以尝尝 他为你做的披萨
He was so excited for you to eat the pizza he made you.
我确实想赶回家的
I wanted to make it home.
你在办公室里到底能有什么事
What could you be doing in that office
要比我们还重要
that is so much more important than us?
我马上就要能干成一件大事了 小艾
I'm so close to something huge, Es.
迄今为止 没有人创造出
No one has created an efficient algorithm
针对卡列南-列夫变换的有效算法
to compute the Karhunen-Loève transform.
可我想到了一个可以解决这个问题的方法
So I had the idea to approach the problem
我可以通过学习一种余弦变换
by studying a cosine transform,
-然后... -停 别说了
- and then... - No, stop.
如果我要原谅你的话
If I am going to forgive you,
我必须要理解
then I need to understand
为什么你的工作对你来说这么重要
why what you are doing matters so much to you.
所以为了让我明白 好好解释给我听
So explain it to me so I will understand.
好好解释给我听 就像我是...
Explain it to me like I'm...
我们四岁的儿子那样
like I'm our four-year-old son.
好了
All right, well,
你想再玩其他游戏吗
you want to move on to something else?
不了 太晚了 我不想玩了
No, it's-it's late. I think I'm all gamed out.
好吧
Okay.
天哪 是凯特
Oh, God, it's Kate.
如果你妈想要一张迈克的照片 我们会怎么办
When your mother wants a picture of Mike, what do we do?
把照片寄给她
We mail it to her.
没错 我们要寄到阿根廷
Right. We mail it to Argentina.
但她要几周之后才能收到
She gets it a few weeks later.
那么如果不需要等待邮寄的过程
What if, instead of waiting for the mail,
她可以几乎立刻在电脑上看到照片呢
she could see the photo on a computer almost instantly?
什么意思
What do you mean?
军方已经创造了一种
The military has created a network of computers
可以连接全世界的电脑网络
around the world that are all connected.
用不了多久 普通人也可以使用
Soon, common people will have them,
如果我的团队可以优化压缩数据的形式
and if my team can optimize a form of data compression,
它们就可以分享图像了
they'll be able to share images.
也就是说你在一台电脑上放一张照片
So, you put a picture on a computer,
我妈在世界的另一端就能看到一样的照片了吗
and my mother across the world sees the same picture?
没错 想象一下如果能分享的不只是照片
Yes, and imagine if one day it wasn't just a picture.
想象你可以分享电影
Imagine it was a movie.
想象一下你甚至可以和一个人在电脑上聊天
Imagine you could talk to someone on a screen,
就像打电♥话♥一样 但同时还有图像
like a phone call but with video.
-你好 甜心 -你好 凯特
- Hi. Hi, sweetheart. - Hi, Kate.
-你好啊 妈 -你好
- Hi, Mom. - Hi.
抱歉分娩过程中我没法打给你们
I'm sorry I couldn't call during the labor.
当时现场真的很混乱
It got really intense in there.
-没关系 -不过她已经出生了
- It's okay. - But, um, she's here.
她就在这里 你想看看你的外孙女吗
She's here. Do you want to meet your granddaughter?
想 我想看 我们都想看
Yes, I do. We do.
我的天哪
My goodness.
她是海莉
That's Hailey.
看到她了吗
See her?
她真漂亮
She's gorgeous.
她真是太美了 凯特
She's so beautiful, Kate.
我的天哪
Oh, my goodness.
我都不知道说什么了
I don't even know what to say.
天哪
Oh, my.
好了 准备好了吗 来看看
All right, you ready? Look at this.
看看我们的结晶
Look what we did.
这位是一号♥完美宝宝
So, here is perfect baby number one.
接下来是...
And then...
一位骄傲的妈妈
proud mommy.
-你好 -还有...
- Hi. - And...
职业网球选手
professional tennis player.
-你好 -你好啊 祖母
- Hi. - Hi, Grandma.
你们好 尼克和弗兰妮
Hi, Nick and Franny.
看看他们的小脸
Look at those little faces.
你还漏了一点 就在这里
You missed a spot, right there!
托比是不是很羡慕这么浓密的头发
Is Toby jealous of all that hair?
当然了
Of course.
我觉得我得给她剃点头发
I feel like I'm gonna have to shave her head
这样才不至于实力过于悬殊
just to, like, level the playing field.
这里这位帅气的年轻人...
This handsome young man right here...
就是尼克
this is Nick.
等等 尼克
Wait, Nick?
-你以我来给他命名吗 -没错
- You named him after me? - Yeah.
其实主要是因为尼古拉斯·凯奇 不过也是因为你
M-Mostly Nic Cage, but yeah, also you.
怎么样
How about that?
你好 萝丝
Hi, Rose.
老娘萝丝要回家了
Badass Rose is coming home.
尼克...还有弗兰妮
Nick... Franny.
这是你们的表妹海莉
This is your cousin Hailey.
-她真美 -是吧 看看她啊
- Oh, beautiful. - Huh. Look at her.
我的天
My goodness.
新一代的三个小家伙
The new Big Three.
可爱得让我想捏鼻子 要告诉她我很爱她哦
I wanna squeeze her nose but tell her I love her, ok?
好的 我们会的
Ok, we will.
好的 妈 再见啦
Ok, mom. Say bye to everybody.
爱你们
Love you.
我们也爱你们 想你们 再见啦
Then we love you, and we miss you. Bye, guys.
七十年代早期 纳西尔·阿迈德领导研究团队开♥发♥出离散余弦变换
很多公♥司♥仍然使用这种算法应用于图像和视频共享技术
你也许不知道他的名字 但纳西尔和他的团队让我们得以在今天仍然保持通讯
他和妻子艾斯特最近庆祝了他们五十六周年纪念日
我们通过视频聊天听到了他们的故事
剧集 | 我们的生活 | 导航列表