剧集 | 我们的生活 | 导航列表
Except this.
对你和托比我没有顾虑
Except you and Toby.
这一点上我很确定
About that I am sure.
百分之百确定 凯特
Hundred percent sure, Kate.
皮尔森先生 我真的很...
Mr. Pearson, I am so...
我真的很抱歉
I am so sorry.
我知道对你们这个年纪的孩子来说
I'm sure at your age...
市政厅有点无聊
city hall's a bit boring.
但这事是你主动要求做的 马利克
But you asked to shadow me, Malik.
我们在这里的工作很严肃
The work we do here is serious.
我本希望你能认真对待
I expected you to take it seriously.
而不是迟到 一直打哈欠
Not show up late, yawn your way through it,
还忘记我唯一交代你的 最重要的一件事
and forget to do the most important part of the one thing I asked you to do.
我知道 我搞砸了
I know. I-I messed up.
真的
I did.
但是...
But...
皮尔森先生 你知道我今天早上要几点起床
Mr. Pearson, do you know what time I had to be up this morning
才能只晚六分钟到你家吗
to get to your place only six minutes late?
四点半
4:30.
我平时是五点起床 这样我才能确保
I usually get up at 5:00, so that I can make sure
有时间准备詹妮尔一天的食物
that I prepare all of Janelle's meals for the day,
帮她洗好衣服 洗好奶瓶
do her laundry, wash all her bottles,
在她六点起床前做好一切
all before she gets up at 6:00.
今天我还得打包一份午饭
Today I had to pack a lunch
熨我的衬衫 所以我四点半就起床了
and iron my shirt, so 4:30.
这些事情一点都不无聊
This stuff is not boring at all.
但我有个女儿
But I have a daughter.
她的需求...
What she needs...
高于一切
it always comes first.
就算这意味着 当我想做自己的事情时
Even if that means making the things that I want for myself
会更加艰难
that much harder.
我父亲去世时 我才17岁
I was 17 when I lost my father.
我当时觉得要缩小自己的梦想 才对得起家人
And I felt like I owed it to my family to make my dreams smaller.
让梦想更现实一点
More practical.
但我错了
But I was wrong.
这话你好好听着
Listen to me when I say this.
不要让你的梦想变小
Do not make your dreams smaller.
反而要更大
Make 'em bigger.
你的女儿不是你的阻碍
Not in spite of your daughter.
而是你的动力
For her.
多谢您说这番话 皮尔森先生
I-I appreciate that, Mr. Pearson.
但我觉得 我梦想的大小不需要太担心
I don't think the size of my dreams need to be worried about, though.
我各科成绩都是优秀
I get straight A's.
我会去一所常春藤盟校 主修商科
I'm going to go to an Ivy League college and major in business.
然后我会去上烹饪学校
Then I'm gonna go to culinary school,
这样我就可以开出费城第一家
so that I can open up the first restaurant
米其林三星餐厅
in Philadelphia history to get three Michelin stars.
不错啊 你小子挺行
Well, damn. Okay.
看来你的梦想大小非常合适
Seems like your dreams are of the perfectly appropriate size.
不过 我真正需要的
Wh-What I do need, though,
是一份过硬的实习履历
is a killer internship
用来填我的大学申请表
for these college applications.
所以我想 也许可以来市政厅试试
I was thinking maybe city hall?
我觉得这事可以安排
I think that can be arranged.
-真的吗 -真的
- Yeah? - Yeah.
你知道黛佳绝对会疯掉的 对吧
You-you know Deja's gonna lose her mind, right?
这是肯定的 小子
Oh, I'm counting on it, bruh.
不不不 你别拦我 杰克
No, no, no. Out of my way, Jack.
恕难从命
Can't do that.
我们不能继续这么下去
What we're doing isn't working.
我不能让你过去 尽管我也很想去看看他
I can't move from this door, as much as I want to.
你就...
Just...
再等一会儿吧
a little longer.
-好了 你准备好了吗 -嗯
- All right, you ready? - Yeah.
-还是之前那些吗 -没错
- Same ones? - Same ones.
后卫阵型 略作变化
Pro-right split,
奔跑模式897 后卫向右
897 F motion right...
-确认进攻 -你答对了
- option zone? - You got it!
-你已经连续答对十个了 -好
- That's ten in a row. - Yes.
-咱们再来十个吧 -行
- Okay, let's do ten more. - Okay.
小凯
Hey, Kev.
我今天头一回给新导演试戏 郁闷透顶
Well, I had the worst first day with this new director.
感觉我被他套进袋子里
I feel like he put me in a bag
用棒球棍揍了一顿
and just beat me with a baseball bat.
他为什么要把你套进袋子里
Why would he put you in a bag?
不能在袋子外面揍你吗
Why wouldn't he beat you up outside of the bag?
因为当你人在袋子里时
No, because when you're in the bag,
你不知道他会打哪里
you don't know where he's hitting you.
就是说 全身上下都被乱打一通
You know, just random spots all over the body.
不知道接下来会给哪里狠狠一击
So you don't know where the next blow's gonna land.
你确定拍他的戏真的值得吗
I mean, are you sure working with him is even worth it?
也许...
Um, maybe, uh, I...
我最近总想起妈妈
I've been thinking a lot about Mom, you know?
她就一直这么闷在那间木屋里
She's-she's stuck out there at that cabin.
只能靠打电♥话♥和家人们取得联♥系♥
She's using her phone to stay connected to the family,
我就在想
and I just thought...
要是能做出点成绩来该多好啊
how nice it would be to do something really great.
比如带她去奥斯卡颁奖礼
Like take her to the Oscars.
或者直接拿座奥斯卡
Or, like, to win an Oscar,
这样我就能站在全世界面前
and then I could stand up in front of everyone
感谢她为我做过的一切
and just thank her for everything she did for me.
我想趁她还能记得时实现
I'd like to do that while she can still remember.
但首先 我得让我的表演别那么平淡
First I got to give a performance that's not so tired.
小凯
Kev.
凯特 我太累了听不动潜台词 你直接说吧
Kate, come on, I'm too tired for subtext. Just tell me.
你跟兰德尔闹翻的那次
Your big fight with Randall--
他是不是说过你的表演平淡无奇
I mean, didn't he say that your acting was tired?
这事跟兰德尔完全没关系 好吗
This has nothing to do with Randall, Kate, all right?
这事
This has...
跟他完全没关系
nothing to do with him
我之前跟他谈了一次话
You know, I had a... conversation with him
就是生日那天
on, um, our birthday.
他说了一些话
And he said some things
让我没法不去在意
that I just can't stop thinking about.
是关于他作为一个黑人
You know, ab-about what it was like...
在咱们家 在白人父母
as a black kid growing up in our family
和白人哥哥姐姐身边长大的感受 以及...
with white parents, you know, and-and white siblings and...
他不可避免地感到被疏忽
how it must have felt for him, and how unseen he felt.
疏忽
Unseen?
凯特 爸妈都把兰德尔宠上天了
Kate, Mom and Dad were obsessed with Randall.
我们每天只能在他们没关注兰德尔时
All right? All we tried to do is get five minutes a day with them
勉强博得几分钟的关注
when they weren't paying attention to Randall.
小凯...
Kev...
可是这种事我们从没和他谈过
we don't even talk to him about this stuff, though.
你知道吗 我们从没问过他以前的感受
You know? And we don't talk to him about what it was like
甚至现在的感受
or-or what it's still like for him.
好吧
Okay.
不过我也不傻 好吗 我...
Look, I'm not an idiot, okay? I...
我也知道他在那所优越的私立学校
I understand it probably wasn't a walk in the park
作为唯一的黑人
to be the only black kid
应该不是什么优哉游哉的体验
in that fancy private school he went to.
但我们也别说得像
But let's not sit here and pretend
爸妈做错了什么似的 好吗
that Mom and Dad did anything wrong, okay?
我只想说 我们都还有
I'm just saying, we all have stuff
从过去遗留下来的包袱要解开
from our past that we're still dealing with, okay?
兰德尔有 你有 我也有
And that's Randall, you and me.
这是什么意思
What does that mean?
没什么
Nothing.
说真的 我只是累了
Honestly, I'm just tired.
今天我过得很辛苦
It's been a really long day.
说真的
剧集 | 我们的生活 | 导航列表