剧集 | 继承之战 | 导航列表
早晨编辑会议 他们就直接拨进来了
and they're just dialed in on editorial morning conference.
你们知道这件事吗?
Did you know that?
我不知道
I did not know that.
罗曼 如果传出去的话 可信度会荡然无存
Rome, if this comes out, this blows any credibility.
对 -这样不行
Yep. -It's not okay.
对 -罗曼
Yeah. -Rome.
我不知道 是希蒂搞出来的吧?希蒂负责营运
Yeah, I don't know, fucking Cyd. Cyd is in operational charge.
应该是鱼帮水 水帮鱼 -罗曼 连爸都有底线
It's a mutual back scratch. -Even Dad had a line.
听着 小西 这件事要好好谈谈
Look, Shiv, we should get into that.
这样确实不可以
It's not okay.
但是我们不能失焦
But we do need to focus.
看大格局 我们对卖♥♥泛美网科有什么想法?
Big picture, we should discuss what do we think on ATN folded back in.
卖♥♥泛美网科? -对
ATN back in?
要死了 那...好 没问题 赶紧卖♥♥了
Fuck, well then yeah, sure, fine, get rid of it.
这是有毒资产
It's a toxic asset.
也是爸的宝贝 他为了保住泛美网科连命都没了
It's also Dad's pride and joy he died trying to keep.
那咱们保留一件他的旧毛衣 比较没有种族歧视
Let's just keep one of his old sweaters, less racist.
看起来不要太饥渴比较有优势 -对
You know, there's leverage in not looking too thirsty.
他必须知道如果交易告吹 我们还是可以活得很好
He needs to know that if there's no deal, we're good, we survive, thrive.
但我们真的能活得很好吗?
But do we? Can we?
肯和我做得很不错
Well, Ken and I have been doing a pretty good job.
过去这24小时吗?
In the last 24 hours.
股价回稳了 市场似乎很喜欢我们
Price is stabilized, markets seem to like us.
市场喜欢的是你们跟马特森的交易
Yeah, the markets like that you're selling to Matsson.
爸想留下泛美网科
Well, Dad wanted to keep ATN.
对 但他也想毒死布里兹涅夫
Yeah, but he also wanted to poison Brezhnev
吊死曼德拉 这不表示他永远是对的
and hang Mandela, doesn't mean he's always right.
我想整体而言 他想做成这笔交易 所以...
I think that overall, he wanted the deal, so...
这我们无法确定 我们也不能一直遵循爸的做法
Well, we don't know. We can't navigate by Dad maps.
他已经不在了 -我知道他不在了
He's not here. -I know he's not here.
我心里破了个大洞 头也痛了24个小时
I have a giant hole in my heart and a 24 hour migraine.
我只是说我们不知道...
I'm just saying, I don't think we know
他会做这笔交易吗?还是会决定放手?我们是真的不知道
would he have done the deal, would he not have done the deal?
这样吧 就卖♥♥吧 我完全不在乎 怎样都好 完成交易吧
You know what? Whatever. Let's get the deal done.
我们的手法必须细腻
Okay, so we need to play this very delicately.
我们面对了一盘棋局 每一步都很关键
Laid before you is a chess board, so every move is crucial.
你知道什么?
So what have you got?
马特森? -很冷血
Matsson, pretty cold.
他还是路人甲的时候 是做降噪耳机的
When he's fucking randos, he does noise cancelling headphones.
播客
Podcasts.
他就只要躺平 戴上耳机 看好戏就好
He just lies back, cans on, watches them slide the bean pole.
我不知道要怎么利用这一点
Okay. Well, I'm not sure how I'm gonna use that to my advantage.
有没有跟铁笼赛有关的信息?
And what about in terms of the cage fighting?
对 有人说格杀名单在艾芭手上 也有人说是奥斯卡
So some say Ebba, some say Oskar.
对 有人说格杀名单在艾芭手上 也有人说是奥斯卡
In terms of who's keeping the kill list.
所以有格杀名单?
So there is a kill list?
对 消息来源很可靠 有一份格杀名单
I have it on good authority. There's a kill list, yeah.
上面有八 九个名字 还没定案
Like, eight, nine names. It's evolving.
不管了 我直接杀过去 我需要做分♥析♥
Okay, I'm going in. Fuck it. I need profile.
眼睛睁大点 好吗?
But keep your eyes out, okay?
如果需要被牺牲的小卒 我会给你使眼色
If I need a pawn sacrifice, I'm gonna give you the eyes. Okay?
请给我一瓶啤酒 谢谢
Can I take a beer, please?
银行家会对这个数字亮黄灯
The bankers will give the number yellow light,
所以我们有操作的空间
so that gives us room for maneuvers.
好
Okay.
还好吗 他还了什么价?
What's up? What's the counter?
什么?
What?
我只是想说...若你们需要人一起脑力激荡的话
Just saying, in case you guys wanna sling some ideas around.
四人组讨论比较安全
Just within the safety of the quad.
四人组? -对 四人精英小组
The quad? -Yeah, the quad squad.
罗伊巡逻队 原班人马 该死的..."家族"
The Roy Patrol, the old team, the family.
搞什么鬼?你可以去帮我拿杯咖啡
The fuck? Yeah, maybe you could get me a coffee or something.
我可以坐这里吗
Hey. Mind if I perch?
当然可以
Sure, no problem.
路卡斯 你记得我们在太阳谷
Lukas, you remember we laughed. We were at Sun Valley.
取笑桑德尔短裤的折痕吗?
We were mocking Sundar's cargo shorts, the creases.
好 对 -对
Okay. Yeah.
我们在讨论法国能不能过这一关
Well, we were just discussing... Is France gonna make it?
抱歉 过哪一关?
Sorry, in terms of...
就是说法国能不能过关?
As in like, will France make it?
出生率 年轻人失业 僵化的现状
Birth rate, youth unemployment, sclerotic state,
愤怒的阿♥拉♥伯人等等的
fucking angry Arabs, all that.
他们能过关吗?还是会像希腊一样?
Will they make it or will they pull a Greece?
我想各位必须知道的是
Well, I think what you need to know about,
从美国新闻的观点来看...我们真的是完全不在乎
from a US news perspective, is that we really don't give a fuck.
美国是晚期帝国 所以我们不知道
US is late imperial and we don't know.
因为我们不是很想知道
Because we don't really wanna know.
我们有我们自己的巴黎 如果烧掉了 我们会再建造一个巴黎
We have our own Paris and when it burns, we'll build another.
汤姆 你们知道吗?
Wow, Tom.
我最近在《经济学人》上 看到一篇很棒的相关文章
I read a great article recently in The Economist about this.
对不起哦 《经济学人》拜托 多告诉我们一点
Excuse me. "The Economist", s'il vous plait!
不是... -说啊...
Tell us more. No, no, go on, go on, go on.
说到教育和生活质量
Yeah, just in terms of education and quality of life,
风韵犹存的法国?千万不要看不起法棍面包
old lady France, fucking don't fucking bet against the old fucking...
法棍面包可能比贝果更好
The baguette might be mightier than the bagel.
你是谁?我不记得名单上有你的名字
Sorry. Who are you? I don't remember you from the list.
我吗? -对
Me? -Yeah.
说来话长
Therein hangs a tale.
格雷格赫许 格瑞 格雷格瑞赫许
Greg Hirsch, Ory. Gregory Hirsch.
他是个表亲 他是洛根的外侄孙
He's a cousin. He's Logan's nephew.
等等 你是说真的?
Wait, are you serious?
他是我表弟 他没问题的
He's my cousin. He's good.
原来还有更多个
There's more of them.
等等 你们全都有关系?原来这是一个封闭的大…
Wait, are you all related? This is one big...
(瑞典语)这是不是在搞什么 乱♥伦♥家族聚会?
Did we end up at one of those incestuous family reunions?
(瑞典语)身高六尺九的裙带宝宝 近亲通奸生下来的巨人
Six -foot nine of pure nepotism. Inbred Hapsburg giant.
是吧 你同意吗? -对 我同意
Yeah, you agree? -Yeah, I do. I do actually.
讲完了吗?还是配上字幕会比较好笑?
Are you done? Maybe it's funnier with subtitles.
对不起 兄弟 抱歉
Sorry, man, sorry.
没关系 我只是受够了
It's fine, I've seen enough of this shit.
但是...你们想怎样就怎样吧
But, yeah, you do what you like.
我们只是在聊天打发时间 等你们开价钱
We're just passing time till you come up with a counter.
所以要在这里谈?
You wanna do this here?
好
All right.
谢了 肯 -好 给我们一点时间
Thanks, Ken. -Yeah, give us a minute.
这个嘛...
Okay, well...
我不想抢在董事会前发言
I don't wanna preempt the board,
但我的看法 我们的看法是 这笔交易不太吸引人
but my view, our view, it's not necessarily compelling.
我们合计了一下
We're running the numbers,
但是想讨论保留泛美网科的选项
but we wanna explore options for us keeping ATN.
好 这样不好
Okay, bad.
我们只想听你开给我爸的价钱 不包括泛美网科的价钱
We just wanna hear you on price for dad's deal, no ATN.
你们又不要泛美网科
You don't want ATN.
当然 但我们有点想要
Okay, sure, but we kinda do.
你们不想要
You don't.
我跟奥斯卡谈过 我们看到重振荣光之路
I've been talking to Oskar and we see a way back.
你们看到重振荣光之路?
You see a way back?
好...
Okay, wow, okay.
你们有办法重振 我们高获利
You see a way back for our phenomenally lucrative
又高影响力的新闻部门?
and influential news operation?
你要救它?谢了 兄弟
You gonna save that? Thanks, bro.
泛美网科不错 但是曲线图很糟
It's fine, but the graph is horrible.
听着 我们只是... 老实说 我们很担心 担心能否磨合
Well, look, honestly, we're concerned about the fit,
还有你的愿景
about your vision,
我们有一半的进账 来自五成的换股
and with half our value coming in stock, 50/50 split,
如果你搞砸的话 我们就亏大了 所以情况很复杂
we stand to lose a lot of value if you screw it up, so it's complicated.
一点都不复杂 我看过
It's not complicated, I've seen it.
就是一直大呼小叫 一群青筋暴露的小矮子
It's a lot of yelling, small men, big veins.
深口袋
Fat wallets.
当然 但以长远来看 我认为 迎合愤怒老人的新闻做不起来
Sure, but long term, I don't think news for angry old people works.
剧集 | 继承之战 | 导航列表