剧集 | 继承之战 | 导航列表
就像你去看单口相声时
like when you go to see standup
而喜剧演员恰好是你的牙医
and the comedian is your dentist.
- 好吗 好吗 - 好的 好的
- OK? Yeah? - Yeah, yeah
- 嘿 - 嘿
- Hey! - Hey.
- 嘿 - 所以
- Hey! - So,
- 我们应该 走过去了 - 是的 我们开始吧
- we should, uh, get going. - Yeah, let's do it.
我叫薇拉 顺便说 我是康纳的伴侣
I'm Willa, by the way. I'm Connor's partner.
真棒
Fantastic.
你是做什么的 薇拉
And what do you do, Willa?
我是个剧作家
Oh, um, I'm a playwright.
- 真棒 - 是啊
- Wow. Fantastic. - Yeah.
- 谢谢你 - 很美国啊
- Thank you. - America.
你是做什么的 康纳
And what do you do, Connor?
康纳其实不从事哪行哪业
Connor doesn't really do anything.
是吧 康
Do you, Con?
我觉得他们现在要集♥合♥了 帕特里克
I think they're all gathered now, Patrick.
- 我们过去吧 - 怎么了
- Shall we? - What?
怎么了
What?
妈的
Shit.
让我把事情捋顺了
Just to get things straight,
我这么说是不是对的 神父 我理解的神父
am I right that the father--I understand the father--
不能来主持了
Couldn't be bothered.
- 他 - 他不太舒服 他不太舒服
- He's-- He's not well. He's not well.
是的 故事就是这样
Yeah, that's the story.
所有人记住这个故事
Everyone remember the story.
所以 我来扮演神父的角色
So, uh, I will be performing the father role.
这可真好
Great.
听着 我不是说你不干什么事 只是
Listen, I didn't mean you don't do anything. Just--
真可惜 你就是那么说了
Well, that's a shame, because that's what you said.
不 你知道 我的意思是 你和我创作不一样 不一样
No, you know, I mean, nothing like my writing. Nothing--
保护30000英亩荒野 这是什么也不做吗
Safeguarding 30,000 acres of wilderness, that's nothing?
马上就要建立一个有很大的投资回报率的
Being on the verge of setting up a podcast on Napoleonic history
关于拿破仑历史的播客 这是什么也不做吗
with a considerable level of investment interest, that's nothing?
- 不 当然不是 这是 - 像现代的梭罗一样
- No, sure, it's--- Crackin' the nut of happiness
坚守幸福的果实 这才是什么也不做
like a modern day Thoreau, well, that's nothing.
康 你非常棒 好吗
Con. You're great, OK?
你非常棒 我
You are. I--
我说了很愚蠢的话
It was a dumb thing to say.
我们到了
Well, here we are.
卡罗琳并没有继承的祖籍
The ancestral home Caroline didn't inherit.
她身上的刺 她喉咙里的鱼骨
The thorn in her side, the fishbone in her throat.
在我们还是孩子的时候 她都不肯让我们看一眼
When we were kids, she wouldn't even let us look at it.
你觉得如何
What do you think?
我觉得 这太大了
I mean, it's massive!
我恨它
I hate it.
嘿 所以 听着
Hey, so, listen.
你知道那些加拿大人 是吧
You know the Canadians, right?
伊夫 那些人
Yves, et cetera?
那些拿养老基金的家伙吗
The pension fund guys?
- 是的 - 是的
- Yeah. - Yeah.
他们觉得我怎么样
What do they think of me?
你什么意思 给我一个语境
How do you mean? What's the context?
我不能给你语境
I can't give you context.
好吧 真是很有趣的语境了
OK. That's very interesting context.
听着 作为一个朋友
Look, as a pal...
假设有这么个情况 私人股本
Say there was a situation where private equity
正在收♥购♥一个大型传媒公♥司♥
was trying to buy out a major media company
然后换一个新的CEO
and install a new CEO.
- 他们会怎么看我 - 你是认真的吗
- How would they view me? - Are you serious?
妈的 所以呢 他们是合伙投资人了吗
Fuck. So what, they're co-investors?
拜托 你了解这些人的
Come on, you know those guys.
关起门来说话 他们会觉得
Behind closed doors, are they of the opinion
我是有真本事的人
I'm the real deal,
还是需要继续锻炼的
or in training?
在这种情况下 有没有可能给你的
And would there be room to wet the beak of an old pal
- 老伙计分点活干 - 弗兰克 太早了 太早了
- in such a situation? - Frank, too soon. Too soon.
你先别贪心想从我这儿分一杯羹
Get your hard-on out of my soup.
好的
OK.
所以呢
So?
我觉得他们会留出很多时间给你
I think they have a lot of time for you,
但也会有一些问题
but there may be certain questions.
- 妈的 - 你懂的
- Oh, shit. - Well, you know,
他们觉得自己是热门人物
they think they're hot shots.
他们会讲一些黄段子
They make hard jokes.
比如呢
As in?
有时候在你不在的时候
Well, sometimes when you were absent
他们会管你叫鱿鱼阴♥茎♥环
they used to refer to you as "the calamari cock ring."
我都不知道那是什么意思
I don't even know what that means.
我觉得它的意思就是 他们觉得我是
I think it means they think of me as a cock ring
鱿鱼做的阴♥茎♥环 弗兰克
made from calamari, Frank,
这词其实挺直白了
it's pretty self-explanatory.
- 所以我们用什么借口 - 我觉得
- So what do we say? - Well, I thought
我们可以说 生病了
we were gonna say "illness."
不 我不喜欢生病 太虚弱了
No, I don't like illness. Plays weak.
好吧 我们可以说太忙了
OK, we can say "busy."
什么混♥蛋♥会忙到不能参加自己女儿的婚礼
What prick's too busy to attend his own daughter's wedding?
好吧 那家庭裂痕
OK, "family rift."
但我们的背景是 吉尔的竞选活动就是一个邪教组织
But we background brief that Gil's campaign is like a cult.
这个悲伤的参议院抓住了小茜·罗伊什么样子的神秘把柄
"What is this grieving senator's mysterious hold on Shiv Roy?"
我们发表一些类似的文章
We sprinkle some of that.
这让她看起来很差 让我看起来像我
It makes her look weak. And it makes me look like I'm--
我的孩子们都不肯退让一下 示个弱
None of my kids have gone round the bend, or offed themselves.
我们经常宣传你是个好爸爸
We've always pushed that you're a good dad.
- 因为 - 因为你就是个好爸爸
- Because? - Because you are a good dad.
所以 如果你不想说 我是说
So, if you don't want to say, I mean,
工作或者生病或者
work or illness or...
裂痕 我们就
rift, do we just--
妈的 根本没有解决方法
Fuck it. There's no way out.
我是说 如果你想去
I mean, if you want to go--
我不想去
I don't want to go.
但他妈的没有别的解决办法了
But there's no other fucking way out.
你想让我们做什么都可以
We can do whatever you want us to do,
我很抱歉如果你觉得我们做了错误的事情
and I'm so sorry if you think we've done the wrong thing,
但他们是真的刚打来电♥话♥说他要过来
but they literally just called and told us he was coming.
- 谁要来 - 爸爸 还有玛西娅
- Who's coming? - Dad. And Marcia.
- 等下 爸爸要来 这儿 - 是的
- Wait-- Dad's coming... here? - Yeah.
我以为你不想让他来
I thought you didn't want him to.
我不想
I don't.
我是说 这是你的婚礼 所以
I mean, it's your wedding, so--
是的 我不想让他来
Yeah. I don't want him here.
他绝不会道歉的
He's never apologized.
但玛西娅打给了汤姆 然后
But Marcia called Tom, and--
然后当然我得问问小茜了
And obviously I had to ask Shiv.
而同时呢 她已经打给了夏洛特
Meanwhile, she's already called Charlotte,
- 他们已经在来的路上了 - 爸爸要来了吗
- and they're on their way. - Dad's coming?
是关于发布会的吗 他开始担心了吗
Is it about the launch? Is he concerned?
是啊 他肯定无时无刻都在想着这事呢
Yeah, I'm sure he's thinking about that 24/7.
所以 我说 你打算做什么
So, I mean, what are you gonna do?
- 你可以直接拒绝 - 是的 我可以
- You could just say no. - Yeah. I could.
但怎么做呢 让保安把他拦住吗
But what, just get security to fucking stop him?
- 等下 - 我可以这么做
- Hold on. - I could do that.
是的你可以 但这会把事情弄的很搞笑的
Yeah you could, but it might cause a funny atmosphere,
因为他付了所有的钱
because he did pay for all this.
如果他有胆量走进来 我们该怎么做
If he's got the stones to walk in here, what are we gonna do?
放狗去咬他吗 告诉他没座位了 他必须站着吗
Put the dogs on him? Tell him there's no seat, he's gotta stand?
他没给我们选择的余地
He's given us no choice.
我听说他要来了
So now I hear he is coming.
- 是的 - 这可真完美
- Yeah. - Well, that's wonderful.
- 拜托 妈妈 - 不 不 没事
- Oh, come on, Mom. - No, no. It's fine.
我只是希望你♥爸♥爸和
I just hope you won't forget about me
剧集 | 继承之战 | 导航列表