But I was able to read part of the NIS Report of Investigation.
-有什么收获 -有的 Ray Jennings修改过他的陈述
- Anything? - Yep. Ray Jennings changed his story.
你是什么意思
What do you mean?
他一开始说是他把手雷
Well, at first he said he threw the grenade
从远处扔进了中尉的帐篷
into the lieutenant's hooch from outside, at a distance.
之后 他又说 扔手雷的时候他就在指挥帐篷内
And then later, he said that he was in the actual hooch
扔完以后就跑了出去 与Fletcher的陈述相符
when he threw it, then ran outside, like Fletcher said.
所以他是坚持说成自己杀了他
So he was insistent in saying that he did it.
但是关于自己位置的问题 他为什么会改变陈述呢
Why would he change his story about where he was standing?
你觉得能让他开口吗
You think you can get him to talk?
我们会知道的
We'll find out.
老大 我想跟你一起去 如果可以的话
Boss. I'd like to go back with you, if that's okay.
有什么特别的理由吗
You got a reason?
有的
Yeah.
你知道 我父亲去越南的时候只有19岁
You know, my father was only 19 when he went to Vietnam.
他退役时是个四星上将了
He ended his career a four-star admiral.
当然他没有真正退役 他是过世了
Well, he didn't really end it, he passed away,
大概四年前过世的
about four years ago now.
你知道吗 他去过两次越南
You know, he did two tours in Vietnam,
而我不知道他当时在那里做什么
and I can't tell you what his job was at the time.
哦 他对你管教不是严格啊 对吧
Well, he sure wasn't much good to you, was he?
你是什么意思
Excuse me?
任何称职的父亲
Well, any father worth his salt
都会告诉他的孩子 在图书馆里要闭上嘴
would teach his kid how to shut his damn mouth in a library.
-Jennings先生 -我不知道你是在跟谁说话
- Mr. Jennings... - I don't know who you're talking to.
我从来不是什么先生
I was never a mister.
我曾是个一等兵 然后我就什么都不是了
I was a lance corporal, then I was a nothing.
-我只是想... -你们是想套我的话
- I was just trying to... - Y'all trying to trick me
想让我谈论那片雨林
into talking about that jungle.
Ray 如果你不属于这里 我们能帮你
Ray, if you don't belong here, we can help you.
我属于这里
I belong here.
看看你周围 你看到了什么
Look around you, what do you see?
其他人把钱用来买♥♥吃的东西
Other guys use their comm money for cookies,
我把钱用来买♥♥书
I use mine for books.
我刚来的时候 这一切
When I got here, every last one of them
都只是有封面的废纸
was a waste of paper between two covers.
我是说 没有托尔斯泰 没有Ellison 什么都没有
【注:均为大作家】
I mean, no-no Tolstoy, no Ellison, no nothing.
一个人在柔软的沙滩上自♥由♥自在
【注:出自Jack Kerouac的小说《达摩流浪者》】
"All alone and free in the soft sands of the beach."
是Kerouac
That's Kerouac.
那是逃避 这给了我很多启发
That's escape, and that's something.
我会死在这里
I'm gonna die in here.
我对此已经淡然了
I've made my peace with it.
而你们需要离开这里 淡然接受这个事实
Now you need to walk on out of here and do the same.
Danny Hall中尉在这儿
Lieutenant Danny Hall here,
正从一个汗流浃背的仲夏夜噩梦里来到你身边
coming to you from a very sweaty Midsummer Night's Nightmare.
喔 你喜欢这个笑话
Oh, did you like that one?
是的 真是棒极了
Yeah, that was pretty good.
嗯对 他是唯一一个被我的笑话逗笑的人 就这人
Yeah, he's the only one that laughs at my jokes, this one.
-我不得不笑 -你以为你在做什么
- I got to. - What do you think you're doing?
你们原来是朋友
You two were friends.
哦是吗 为什么
Oh, yeah? Why's that?
对我们坦白 这是你欠他的
You owe it to him to be straight with us.
我需要你的帮助 我屋顶又塌了
I need your help. My roof just caved in again.
关掉它
Turn it off.
没事 别担心 哥们 我挺你
All right, don't worry, buddy, I got you.
我说了关掉它!
I said turn it off!
-不 等等 -关于你扔手雷时站的位置
- No, wait. - Did you change your story,
你是否改变过说法
where you were when you threw that grenade?
-这是我的房♥子 你听到了吗 -我问了你一个问题
- This is my house, you hear? - I asked you a question.
Sam 让他们滚出去
Sam, get them out of here.
Sam 站在那儿别动
Sam, stay right there.
那我自己把你扔出去
I will throw you out myself!
你是否改变了你的说辞
Did you change your story?
-我不奉陪了 -你有没有改变你的说辞
- I'm done playing. - Did you change your story?!
是的
Yes!
为什么
Why?
他不记得了 Leon
He doesn't remember, Leon.
什么
What?
Ray Jennings改变了自己的说法 以配合证人
Ray Jennings changed his story to match the witness's
因为他不知道发生了什么
'cause he doesn't know what happened.
他晕过去了
He blacked out.
他喝醉了
He was drunk?
他在喝第五杯威士忌时醉倒了
He downed a fifth of whiskey.
我们不知道到底是谁拉出了手榴弹的撞针
We don't know who pulled the pin on that grenade.
可能是上尉弄死了自己
The lieutenant could've killed himself
又或者是他的哥们 Ray干的
or it could've been his buddy, Ray.
有一次他喝断片
Another time he blacked out,
他杀了6名越共
he killed six Vietcong.
好吧 他有这个能力
Okay, so he was capable,
但是如果他不记得发生的事情 为什么要承认谋杀
but if he can't remember what happened, why confess to murder?
我不知道 这也就是我要说的
I don't know. That's what I'm telling you.
他拒绝沟通 他在掩藏什么
He's refusing to talk and he's hiding something.
那么 我们现在有一个声称自杀的谋杀受害者
So what? We got a murder victim claiming suicide
和一个认了罪的凶手
and a convicted killer that doesn't
实际上什么都不记得
remember what happened.
死去海军的妻子应该得到真♥相♥
And the wife of a dead Marine who deserves the truth.
-我知道 -不 Leon
- I'm aware of that. - No, Leon.
这一次 我不会空手而回
This time, I'm not leaving without it.
我需要挖掘尸体的许可 主任
Permission to exhume the body, Director.
去吧
Do it.
非常抱歉打扰你 Hall中尉
My apologies for disturbing you, Lieutenant Hall.
48年的长眠 那可真能够长的
48 years at rest. That's quite a stretch.
但现在你在这里
But now that you're here,
我想正式欢迎你来到2018
I'd like to formally welcome you to 2018.
我们现在有电子邮件和甘蓝脆片
We have e-mail now and kale chips.
你会发现自你离开后
You'll find that quite a bit has changed
很多东西都有所改变 Hall中尉
since you've been away, Lieutenant Hall.
但是不知怎么我们还是会犯下一些常犯的错误
Yet somehow we're still making the same mistakes we always did.
难以置信的大量损伤 对吗
The amount of damage is unbelievable, isn't it?
我知道战争期间会出现自杀案件
I knew suicide happened during war,
但还是很难想象
but it's still hard to imagine
有人真的会这么做
somebody doing this to themselves.
Ray Jennings怎么样了
What about Ray Jennings?
你跟他谈话了 对吗
You spoke to him, didn't you?
是的 那有点夸大了
Yeah, that's an overstatement.
你觉得是他干的
Do you think he did this?
Ray认为是他做的
Ray sure believes he did.
我不知道为什么
I-I don't know why.
你正在凝视着一个玻璃湖面 对吗
You are staring into a glassy lake, aren't you?
嗯
Hmm?
曾经有一位智者告诉我 疑难案件
A wise man once told me that the toughest cases
就像一个玻璃一样的湖
are like staring into a glassy lake.
你寻找的所有答案都在最底下
All the answers you're looking for are there at the bottom,
但在你和它们之间只有反射出来的影子
but in between you and them is the reflection.
是啊 那是
Yeah. That's-that's...
是啊
yeah.
我们不用说这些
We don't have to talk about this.
不
No, no.
那个影像 是 是我的父亲
The reflection, it's-it's my father.
谈到他 我有许多遗憾
I have a lot of regrets when it comes to him.
我很抱歉
I'm so sorry.
好吧 我刚刚把氛围弄得非常的尴尬了
Well, I just made this very, very awkward.
呃 那你愿意听我说说我找到的东西吗
Uh, would you like me to just tell you what it is I found?
-非常感谢 -好的
- That would be great. - Great, great.
好的 我把一些手榴弹碎片
Okay, well, I have pulled several grenade fragments
从上尉的骨骼和残留组织上取下
from the lieutenant's bone and remaining tissue.
这个 并非出自手雷
This... wasn't one of them.
我看到的这个是什么
What am I looking at?
一个4英寸的金属板
A four-inch metal plate
发现时已经熔融在他的
剧集 | 海军罪案调查处(2003) | 导航列表