Know what?
家里为什么有个牧师
Why is there a priest here?
我跟你说过 茵素被附身了
I told you, Poppy's possessed!
除了你别人都看出来了
Everybody can see it but you.
你就问问我们不行吗
Why didn't you just ask us?
神父 原谅我 但我必须说谎
我问过 我问过你
I did. I did ask you.
你答应了 我想你当时喝得很醉
You said yes. I think you were very drunk.
海莉 新菲尔
Haley, New-Phil,
你们真的想让孩子受洗吗
do you really want this baptism?
我不知道
I don't know.
我们没怎么想过这个问题
We've barely thought about it.
迪兰确实说过会研究一下宗教的事
Dylan did say that he was going to research some religions.
吉姆·琼斯纪录片我刚看了一半
I'm halfway through this Jim Jones documentary.
目前觉得那个宗教挺酷的[是个邪教]
So far, that religion seems pretty cool.
很抱歉我没事先问你
I'm sorry that I didn't ask you before.
我真的想让乔治和茵素受洗
I really wanted to do this for George and Poppy.
受洗会让他们的灵魂
Baptism is gonna allow their souls
找到永恒的平和
to find eternal peace.
有什么代价
What's the catch?
总是要捐款
Well, there's a lot of donations
还要为性♥爱♥感到羞耻
and some shame around sex,
但圣诞节很热闹
but Christmas is fun.
我都不知道该怎么决定
I don't even know how I can decide,
但我想没什么大问题
but I guess it can't hurt.
你们能去天国了
You're going to the kingdom of Heaven.
在那 你们会与人类最优秀的灵魂相遇
And there, you're going to join the souls of some of our greats,
例如圣女贞德 特蕾莎修女
like Joan of Arc, Mother Theresa,
丹尼·德维托也早晚会死
Danny DeVito when he dies.
开始吧
Go.
好的
Yes.
以圣父圣子圣灵之名 我为你们施洗
-等等 等等 等等 -又怎么了
- Wait. Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. - What now?
不好意思
Well, I'm sorry.
只是 这突然间变得好真实
It just -- It suddenly just got very real,
让他做完就是感觉不对
and it does not feel right to end,
我不知道为什么
and I don't know why,
外公 是我反应过度了吗
Grandpa, am I making too much of this? I --
别问他 因为他根本不信上帝
Don't ask him because he doesn't even believe in God.
我只是不觉得
I just don't think
人需要教堂和袍子那些东西
you need church, costumes, all that stuff
来感受神圣的力量
to feel a higher power.
但你相信它的存在
But you think there is one?
是的 我在孩子们出生时感受到了
Yeah, I felt it when my kids were born,
当我遇到这个想共度一生的疯女人
and, um, when I met this crazy woman here
我也感受到了
that I want to spend the rest of my life with,
但也可以是日常小事
but, you know, it can be just a normal everyday thing, too.
好比我听到棒球飞进手套时
You know, like the way it makes me feel
所体验的那种感觉
when I hear a baseball thump into a mitt
或是汤姆·威兹的声音
or the way Tom Waits' voice
莫名地难听又好听
can somehow be ugly and beautiful at the same time.
你明白我的意思吗
Am I making any sense?
去年 迪兰和我去了优胜美地国家公园
You know, last year, Dylan and I went to Yosemite,
某个清晨我们很早就醒了
and we woke up really early one morning,
我们静静望着那些峻美的群山
and it was just us and those gorgeous mountains,
那么多参天大树 大鹿带着小鹿
a bunch of huge trees, and a family of deer.
是那么美好
It was so beautiful,
让我觉得我和某种更伟大的能量
and it made me feel like I was connected
联♥系♥在了一起
to something bigger than myself.
或许某天
You know what, maybe one day
我们会让他们在教堂受洗
we can get them baptized in a church,
但现在
but for now,
我们何不带他们去优胜美地国家公园
why don't we take them up to Yosemite
然后仰望天空说谢谢
and look up and say thank you?
听上去是个很棒的计划 海莉
That sounds like a great plan, Haley.
是啊
Yeah.
你在那里的时候可以烤些棉花糖
And maybe roast some marshmallows while you're there
这样他们就会习惯接近火[地狱]了
so that they get used to being around fire.
不 尼克 你不能一直从市场部拿钱
No, Nick, you can't keep taking money from marketing.
他们需要
They need --
什么
What?
你在度假的时候
No, I will not stay on the phone
我不会和你一直保持联♥系♥
while you moon a cruise ship.
你是
Are you --
-克莱尔 -等等
- Claire? - Hang on.
克莱尔
Claire.
那是什么
What was that out there?
我以为我们是一队的
I thought we were supposed to be on the same team.
我们是啊
We are. I --
他们有个好主意
They've got a great idea.
你只是嫉妒因为卢克去了斯库特那里
You're just jealous because Luke went to Scooter
而不是来找你
and not to you.
才不是
That is not true.
真的吗 你不觉得他们有点东西吗
Really? You don't think they're on to something?
是个很棒的想法 好吧
It's an amazing idea. Okay.
但他为什么不来找我
But why didn't he come to me?
因为你爱我所做的一切
Because you love everything I do.
我想确定这真的是个好主意
I wanted to make sure this was actually a good idea.
这个想法太机智了
That is so smart.
怎么会有人这么帅又...
How is someone this handsome --
我想说的是
Okay, this is what I'm talking about.
我喜欢和你一起发明 但这是生意
I love inventing with you, but this is a business.
斯库特有很多经验
And Scooter has a lot of experience.
这并不代表
That doesn't take away from
我们共同创造的一切就不重要
all of the things that we've made together.
是它们带领我走到了现在
All of that stuff brought me here.
-真的吗 -表格填写器的拼写少不了Phil[菲尔]
- Really? - You can't spell FormFiller without Phil.
但你知道是可以的吧
But you know you can, right?
他很伤心 我是在安慰他
The man's hurting. I'm throwing him a bone.
真为你骄傲 卢克
I'm proud of you, Luke.
见鬼 我也为斯库特骄傲
Damn it, I'm proud of Scooter, too.
哇
Wow.
看到你们报告想法时
You know, seeing your guys' pitch,
眼中闪耀的狂热还有热情
and the -- the passion, that sparkle in your eye,
我都不记得上次见你
I -- I don't remember the last time
这么在乎一件事是什么时候了
I saw you care about anything that much.
我也不记得我上次是什么时候
I don't remember the last time I did.
这真是太伤人了
That's super hurtful.
没有 亲爱的 我指的是工作
No, sweetie, I'm talking about work.
说实话 我以前早上起床的时候
I -- Honestly, I used to get up in the morning,
我迫不及待地要上班
and I couldn't wait to get to the office.
现在我感到害怕
And now I dread it.
没错
I do.
我怀念热爱工作或者喜欢工作的日子
I miss loving my job or even liking it.
现在我做的就是为别人擦屁♥股♥ 处理投诉
Now all I do is put out fires and manage complaints
还因为一些无关紧要的
and -- and lose sleep over stuff
事情而失眠
that really doesn't matter.
是啊 我想我
Yeah. I think I'm --
我想我要辞职了
I think I'm gonna quit my job.
你说真的吗
Are you serious?
是的
Yeah.
这疯狂吗
Is that -- Is that crazy?
没有 倒不是
Uh, no. No, not necessarily.
我的意思是 疯狂是坚持
I mean, crazy is sticking with something
做一件让你痛苦几个月的事情
that's been making you miserable for months
而现在有很多公♥司♥
when there are so many companies out there
都想要你这样的人才
who would want someone with your skills.
尼克 你还在吗
Hey, Nick, you still there?
我今天早上告诉我儿子 他不应该放弃
I told my son this morning that he should never quit.
我错了
Well, I was wrong.
我退出
I'm out.
天哪 感觉太好了
剧集 | 摩登家庭 | 导航列表