你们的妈妈去世后 我突然想到了这些童年旧物
So, all this childhood memorabilia came to me after your mother died...
包括日记 相册 可爱的画
diaries, photo albums, adorable drawings.
好好享受你们的回忆之旅吧
So, enjoy your stroll down memory lane,
但请记住 那趟旅程的终点
but know that at the end of that lane
-是垃圾桶 -好吧
- is a dumpster. - u202dOkay.
你在楼上放着一幅画
You have a painting upstairs
是绰号♥为"冰箱"的威廉·佩利的作品
by William "The Refrigerator" Perry,
但你却没地方存放我的乳牙
but there's no room for my baby teeth?
我需要在车♥库♥里腾出一些空间来
I needed to free up some space in the garage.
因为那已经不是车♥库♥了
Because it's not a garage anymore.
而是成了堆放没人买♥♥的狗床的仓库
It's a warehouse full of dog beds that nobody wants to buy.
最近销♥售♥是有些惨淡
It's been a slow period,
但下个季度应该会回升的
but it should pick up next quarter.
怎么回升
What?
等那些狗拿到薪资退税
When all the dogs get back their income tax refunds
就会非常豪爽地去给自己买♥♥床吗
and they want to go splurge on beds for themselves?
-乔 -什么事
- Joe. - What?
帮我拖一些这东西到我的车上去
Help me drag some of these things out to my car.
我们今天去做一些老式的营销
We're gonna do some old-fashioned marketing today.
天啊 我们以前的雅达利游戏机
Oh, my God. The old Atari.
还记得我们为什么会有这东西吗
Remember why we got that?
-当然 那是我们第一次享受家庭度假 -第一次
- Yeah. So, we were on our first family vacation ever, okay -- - Ever.
去一个水上公园度假一周
A week at this waterpark resort
-大概才三天爸就觉得无聊了吧 -三天
- and Dad got bored after, what, three days? - Three.
他强迫我们早早离开
Made us leave early,
给我们买♥♥了这个来收买♥♥我们
and he bought us off with this.
通篇谎言 纯属捏造
Lies and untruths!
我们在那里待了一整周
We stayed the full week,
我还是给你们两个不知感恩的家伙买♥♥了那个游戏机
and I got you two ingrates that game anyway.
你还要死不改口多久啊
How long are you gonna stick to that story?
只要你们两个继续把我描绘成
Much as you two enjoy portraying me
虐待孩子的家长 我就继续这么说
as some kind of abusive parent --
放松 乔 我们一会儿就救你出来
Relax, Joe. We'll get you out in a second.
都过去35年了 你还是不肯承认这事
Okay, 35 years, and you -- ugh, you still can't admit it.
-没什么好承认的 -我看到一道光
- There's nothing to admit. - I see light!
我该向它走过去吗
Should I go towards it?
如果不是事实 为何我们姐弟的记忆是一样的 爸
Why would we both remember it one way if it didn't happen, Dad?
小孩子就喜欢编造事情
Kids like to make things up.
他们喜欢那种狗血剧情
u202dThey like the drama.
快出来 小子
Come here, kid.
我都快咬断我自己的手臂逃出来了
I was literally about to gnaw my own arm off to get free.
就凭你这小牙齿吗
With those things?
我还保存着你吃棉花糖吃掉的那颗牙齿呢
I still have the tooth you lost in a marshmallow.
你倒是保存了他的牙齿啊
Okay, so, that one you kept?
我去了佛罗里达探望我的父亲
I was in Florida visiting my Dad.
我接到个电♥话♥ 说他一直在
I'd gotten a call that he was wandering
他过去经营的那个杂货店附近游荡
around the grocery store he used to run.
我想搞清楚他是否没事
I wanted to find out if he was okay,
但是 这种事没办法直接询问
but...that's not something you can just ask.
你妈生前和我每个周日都会来这里
You know, your mother and I came here every Sunday
持续了44年
for 44 years.
你一定很想她吧
You miss her, don't you?
有时会想吧
It comes and goes.
-国♥庆♥节那天是最难熬的 -是吗
- Fourth of July is rough. - u202dReally?
我以前都不知道她那么爱国呢
I didn't realize she was so patriotic.
是因为电视上播的那个热狗大胃王比赛
Well, it's that hot dog eating contest they have on TV.
我一直觉得你妈
You know, I always thought that your mother
可以去当大胃王选手
could have been a competitive eater.
我们家从来没有任何食物会过期
No food ever expired in our house.
她只要看到培根
She'd see that last day pop up
或牛奶还有一天就要过期了
on a pound of bacon or a gallon of milk,
就会全部吃下去
and down it went.
她不解决掉心里就不舒服
It was personal for her.
说到食物
Speaking of food,
你后来有没有再去过你那个旧杂货店
y-you ever head over to your old grocery store?
听我说 你还记得那个吗
Hey, listen. Do you remember that?
当然了 企鹅大脚怪
Oh, yeah. Penguinsquatch.
让这座小镇一时名声大噪
Put this town on the map.
1977年6月
June 1977.
一帮开狂欢派对的少年声称有巨大的鸟类脚印
Teen revelers report massive bird footprints
在奥基乔比湖湖岸上出现
emerging from Lake Okeechobee.
人们聚集围观
A crowd gathers,
但是涨潮把所谓的鸟类脚印都冲平了
but the new tide has covered the so-called bird prints,
那些青少年非常受挫
and the teens are beaten soundly.
几天后 又重新出现了这些脚印
Tracks reappear several days later,
再一次地 这消息传遍全镇
and once again, word spreads through town.
一位鸟类学家认为这些脚印
An ornithologist deems the prints
是巨型企鹅的 身高越有15英尺那种
those of a gigantic penguin, some 15 feet in height.
数英里外的人都闻风而来
People come from miles around
就为了看一眼那些神奇的企鹅
to catch a glimpse of the wondrous waddler.
那些脚印出现又消失 持续了好几年
The tracks will appear on and off for years
然后就彻底消失了
and then disappear forever,
但奥会员体操金牌得主玛莉·卢·雷顿
but not before Olympic gold medalist Mary Lou Retton
还是及时地远道赶来 将她的小脚印
makes the trek to place her tiny footprints
踩在了巨型企鹅的脚印里
inside those of the be-flippered colossus.
我们有好几个晚上在那里野餐过吧
Didn't we take a picnic over there a few nights?
大家都去了
Everyone did.
那是我第一次看到你妈吃了一整袋苹果
It's the first time I ever saw your mother eat a bag of apples.
那个 爸 我想问你...
So, Dad, I, uh, I w-- I wanted to ask you --
天啊 不要谈严肃的话题好吗
Oh, boy. No serious talk, okay?
是的 我服了一堆药
Yes, I'm taking all my million pills.
你可以过来按按我的肚子就知道了
You can come over and press my stomach.
我开始觉得自己跟豆袋椅一样了
I'm starting to feel like a bean bag chair.
各位 我刚看到一个鬼魂
Guys, I just saw a ghost.
好了 姑娘们 拿上东西 赶快逃命
Okay, girls, grab your things. We're gone.
不是真正的鬼魂
N-Not a real ghost.
确切地说 是过去的执念
More like a vision from my past.
布兰达·费德曼
Brenda Feldman.
那是曼尼曾经暗恋的一个小姐姐
An older girl that Manny had a crush on.
他小的时候 甚至还给她写过一首诗
He even wrote a poem for her when he was little.
我把我的心给了她
I gave her my heart,
第1季第1集
她却送了我一张将我画成老式治安官的画
she gave me a picture of me as an old-time sheriff.
今天是我的第二次机会
Today was my second chance,
但我都没勇气去跟她打招呼
but I couldn't even get up the nerve to say "Hi."
11岁的曼尼一定会觉得我恶心至极
11-year-old Manny would be disgusted by me.
现在你明白12岁的莉莉当时的感受了
Well, now you know how 12-year-old Lily feels.
抱歉 是工作电♥话♥
Sorry, this is work.
喂
Hello?
曼尼 你知道这个大家庭里
Manny, you know who this family's
在人际交往问题方面的常驻专家是谁吗
resident expert is in interpersonal problems?
我觉得没人可以...
I would say no one's especially --
没错 正是在下
That's right. It's me.
虽然花了点时间 但我最终说服曼尼相信
It took a little while, but I finally convinced Manny
他上次跟布兰达·费德曼没成的原因
the reason he had failed last time with Brenda Feldman
就在于他用的大招
was because of his grand gesture.
今天需要采用完全不同的方法
Today called for a completely different approach --
超级大招
a super grand gesture.
直接去找她 明白吗
Just go to her, okay?
赶紧上场 冲啊 快
Get in there! Let's go! Come on!
驾
Hyah!
看来我的第一次房♥屋售卖♥♥要泡汤了
Well, looks like my first house sale is going to fall through.
亲爱的 我很遗憾 你知道吗
Oh, sweetie, I'm sorry. You know what?
一定会时来运转的
But things will turn around.
别转回来
Do not turn around.
那是黛布拉·诺克斯
That's Debra Knox.
她抢走了我的"年度最佳教育者奖"
She stole my Educator of the Year Award.
-"阴贼"吗 -影贼
- A swooper?! - u202dA swooper!
-莉莉 拿上东西快逃 -不 不 不是
- Lily, grab your things. - Oh, no, no, no, no.
不是那种会吓坏农场小孩的"影贼"
Not a smoke demon that terrorizes farm children.
是指抢你东西的那种阴险贼子
剧集 | 摩登家庭 | 导航列表