剧集 | 亿万 | 导航列表
or send your blood pressure into Alice Kramden territory, to the moon.
别这样做
Don't do this.
我作为你的律师和最好朋友告诉你
I say as your lawyer and best friend.
我接收到了 也知悉了
I hear you and I understand.
从理性的层面 我同意你
And at a rational level, I agree.
也感谢你敞开心扉告诉我
And thank you with an open heart and mind.
但同时我开放的心态也已知道
But also my open mind knows this:
你已经帮我
you've already got that demand
把财务披露的请求函写好
for financial disclosure drawn up
能实现我刚才提到的目的
to get me the access I just asked for.
不是吗?
Don't you?
我了解我的兄弟 没错
I know my man. Yeah.
但不代表我觉得它是对的
Doesn't mean I think it's right.
把请求函发出去吧
Send the damn disclosure.
然后我会奖励你一大盘胡萝卜
And then I'll grab you a big plate of those carrots.
我已经签收了
I signed for this.
我签收的时候不知道里面是什么
I didn't realize what it was when I did.
王八蛋
Son of a bitch.
找到哪些还没被挖掘的资金了么?
You got unplowed fields for me?
机会不多 但确实找到了些
The wheat's a bit thin, but yes.
我们查了这家银行最初的起源
We look to whence the bank comes from.
回去找了原本公♥司♥核心的
Go back to check cashing and payday loans
支票兑现和发薪日贷款来源
that the original company was built on.
不太建议
Not recommended.
感觉都有点低端
Seems a little low-rent.
利差也比较薄
So are the margins.
不过可以关注前沿的快速增长市场
But then there's frontier Rapid Growth Markets--
越南 尼日利亚 印度尼西亚
Vietnam, Nigeria, Indonesia.
这些地方有很多钱需要安全的保管户
Lots of money in places like that looking for a safe home.
我喜欢快速增长市场
I like RGMs.
但我要怎么介入这件事?
But what am I supposed to do?
让我的人飞过去 开视频会议
Put our people on planes and on video conferences
直接就跟他们的经济部长谈?
and start negotiations with economic ministers?
这至少得6个月到1年的周期
That's a six months to a year horizon.
还有就是大♥麻♥的资金
There is cannabis money.
没错
Yes.
我们估计存在几十亿美金的体量
It's a multi-billion dollar space according to our estimates,
而且随着各州陆续合法化
as companies in medical marijuana
很多公♥司♥也逐渐从医用大♥麻♥
are ready to expand into recreational
扩展到娱乐用大♥麻♥
as it gets legalized state by state.
传统银行大都不太愿意
Traditional banks have been reluctant
接收和存管这种钱
to take on and process this cash.
没错 没错 这个主意我喜欢
Sure, sure. I think I love this.
是很有潜力 不过这是个黄灯预警
It's got potential. Unfortunately, it's a yellow light.
有很大的机会 但还不太安全
A great opportunity, but not safe yet
除非联邦法规能修改
until such time as federal legislation changes.
原本都没打算在这次会上提
It wasn't even supposed to be mentioned in this meeting.
但你们还是提了
Yeah, but you did.
把你们整理的材料都发给我
Send me everything you have on it.
(州检察长 查克·罗兹二世)
(迈克尔·普林斯)
(艾拉·舒默律师)
(联邦诉讼长 亚当·德朱利奥阁下)
普林斯先生
Mr. Prince,
我很荣幸您能接受邀请…
I am pleased that my invitation--
参会的人员真是太棒了
This is an impressive group.
希望会谈的内容
I hope the intention is as serious
如我所想的那样严肃 罗兹先生
as I was led to believe, Mr. Rhoades.
我相信是严肃但发人深省
Serious and elevating, I trust.
请直接叫我查克就行
And, uh, call me Chuck, please.
请叫我迈克
And you call me Mike.
你们都可以
All of you.
欢迎来到我家 迈克
Well, welcome to my home, Mike.
现在就是传统仪式的
And to this chapter
重要环节
of a great tradition,
杰斐逊式晚宴
the Jeffersonian dinner.
(即美国开国元勋之一托马斯·杰斐逊 杰斐逊式晚宴现在主要指借鉴当时传统进行的跨领域讨论)
当然已经做了较大演变 多亏视讯软件
A further evolution of it anyway, aided by WebEx.
虽然因现实原因我们分隔多地
Though separated by circumstance,
但我们的思想交流并不会被…
there's no reason our exchange of ideas has to be-- Ah!
我们还将共同享用
And we will dine
我们的传统畜禽
as the founders did,
就像开国元勋那样
with heritage birds.
都是非转基因的真宗火鸡
Has the same unaltered genetic makeup as the turkeys
就像当年谢南多厄河谷的火鸡一样
that roam the Shenandoah Valley in Long Tom's day,
我的远程大使已经为各位准备好了
as my remote emissaries have set up for you.
没错 非常感谢
Yes, thank you very much.
0,0,
我很惊讶你怎么没戴上假发套和三角帽
I'm surprised you're not in a powdered wig and tricorn.
别以为他就没想过
Don't think he didn't consider it.
我们要尊重从开国元勋们传承下来的
We will honor this custom going back to the days
这些习俗 当时先进的市民们
of the founders when leading citizens,
无论是公开还是私下
both public and private,
会通过这一形式重新审视甚至制定议程
reviewed and sometimes set the agenda of the day.
这是一场意见求同的讨论
This will be a "one mind" conversation
每个人轮流发言
with everyone taking turns,
除与我之外 不能和其他人对谈或插话
no real interlocution or crosstalk except by me.
我将作为你们的引导
I will be our guide.
那么今晚的主题是
And tonight's topic is...
自♥由♥
Liberty.
自♥由♥ 法律
Liberty, law.
(温蒂 视频通话)
很大的主题 不好细谈
Big words to unpack.
不管哪个 谈起来都得花一晚上 甚至一周
Either could be a night's work. A week's.
有点想在理解「匹配游戏」
It's like trying to understand the difference in tone
0,0,
和「匹配游戏PM」在语调上的区别
between Match Game and Match Game, PM.
分辨区别的关键
Well, the key there was
在查尔斯·尼尔森·赖利戴的领带
which ascot Charles Nelson Reilly wore,
0,0,
但现在并不是讨论
but this is not the time to look into that
或问这种问题的时候
or the question.
再次提醒 不要插话
Again, no cross talk.
接下来我们将遵循「查塔姆宫守则」
Um, and we will keep to Chatham House rule.
0,0,
你们可以尽情使用在这里获取的信息
So, uh, you can use any info you glean here,
但不能透露信息来源
but not for attribution.
大家能点头表示同意么?
Can I get a nod of assent to same?
当然
Of course.
假设
Uh, premise.
(温蒂·罗兹 视频通话)
-两个路径 -我给他了打电♥话♥
-Two ways... -I tried him, but
但你才是发给我这破纸的人
you're the one who sent me this garbage.
银行法威胁了自♥由♥ 还是
...uh, banking laws are a threat to liberty or
没有银行法规才是对自♥由♥的真正威胁
banks without regulation are the true threat to liberty.
首先 我们是处在自♥由♥中的人吗?
First, are we a people at liberty?
其次 我们是否有自♥由♥让银行
Then, are we free to bank
-按我们的意愿运作 -好
-how we want? - Right, yeah.
我对这个问题有一些看法
I have some thoughts on this.
嗯 自♥由♥…
Um, freedom...
查克 你得接这通电♥话♥
Chuck, you need to take this.
我们先从假设前提开始…
Let's start with the, uh, premise that--
我条件反射了 她打来我得接 是温蒂
It's a reflex. She calls, I have to answer. It's Wendy.
我们得谈谈
We need to talk.
-不能等会儿么?-是你没等
-Can't it wait? -You didn't.
朋友们 给我几分钟时间
Uh, folks, I'll need a moment before
我们再继续讨论
we continue our colloquy.
我在参加杰斐逊式晚宴呢
I'm in the midst of a Jeffersonian dinner.
你居然给我发了传票
You hit me with a goddamn subpoena.
是披露请求函
A demand for disclosure
是我的权利
as is within my rights.
我不关心你管它叫什么
I care not a whit, as you might put it.
我只关心你跑来查账
What I do care about is what are you trying
到底是想做什么?
to get out of this look under the hood?
那就都开诚布公
Fair play.
我要拿回我应得的 就这么简单
Getting what I am owed. Simple as that.
剧集 | 亿万 | 导航列表