剧集 | 亿万 | 导航列表
Never have. Or demand.
因此我不知道
So I don't know.
如果有那一天 想想我
Well when you do, think of me.
好的
Okay.
坦纳 这是你的时刻
Tanner, it's your moment,
现在我们一起下去 让他们见证我们的作品吧
let's go down and let 'em see our paintings.
我辜负了你 鲍比
I failed you, habibi.
我现在没心情管你
I don't feel like bucking you up right now.
- 去进行下一步 - 下一步是
‐Just do the next thing. ‐Which is?
我不会为钱而画
"I don't paint for money"
只是因为别人没给他足够的钱
means nobody has paid me enough yet.
那么 买♥♥不了艺术品
So: If you can't buy the art‐‐
就买♥♥下艺术家
buy the artist.
你给我派任务时你指望会怎么样
What happens when you give me a job?
就像《火烈鸟少年》里的赫克托·埃里仲杜
Like Hector Elizondo in The Flamingo Kid:
切断接头 它就能留下
You cut a joint, it stays.
你说的话我一个字都没听懂
I have no idea what any of those words mean.
不过 我把这个任务完成了
But yes. I get the damn job done.
是这样 他是个管道工
See, he's a plumber...
他靠他的双手维持生计
And, uh, he works with his hands.
管接头就是
A pipe joint is, um...
管它呢 说正事
Anyway, in this case?
当州长撤走了我们的预算
Once the governor took our budget
拿走了那些刑事案件之后 你说
and those criminal cases away, you said, uh‐‐
对 给我找一些有大笔赔偿费的
Yes. Find me some civil cases
民事诉讼案来
with big settlements.
因为我们可以留着它们想怎么花怎么花
Since we get to keep 'em and spend it as we see fit.
我找到了
Well, I did it.
马上我们就会有五百万进账
We'll have about 5 million coming in.
是该骄傲
Praise be.
就像小时候的埃里仲杜
Yep. Just like Elizondo in Kid.
我就把这话当成夸奖了
I'll take that as a compliment.
我就是在夸你
Oh, that's how it was intended.
如果我想损你 我会叫你大西德的
If I'd wanted to insult you, I'd have called you Big Sid.
干得漂亮
Good job.
继续努力
Keep it coming.
你觉得怎么样
What do you think?
觉得他会同意吗
Think he'll go for it?
是啊
Yeah.
可我和他的世界观不同
But I don't see the world the way he does.
不过这里光线的确很好
It does get good light though...
你想来谈银行
You wanted to talk banks?
我们就谈银行
Let's talk banks.
阿克斯 你开不了银行
Axe‐‐you're not getting a bank.
遗憾的是 大概就是这个意思
That is, sadly, the long and short of it.
就算我们如约在你的办公室见面 浪费五分钟时间
Which I could've told you in five minutes at your office,
也改变不了这个事实
where we were supposed to meet‐‐
那个 计划有变
Yeah, change of plans.
- 这是什么地方 - 特别项目
- What is this place? - Special project.
不用担心这个
Don't worry about it.
那么 我怎么才能开个银行
So, how'm I getting a bank.
跟你说了不行的
Told you, you won't.
联邦储蓄保险根本不会同意
FDIC approval is never happening.
我们知道很难 所以才请铁面鲍勃过来
We know it's hard. That's why we have Hard Bob here.
把它拿下
To crack it open.
你们不会大老远来纽约就是为了道歉吧
You didn't come to New York City just to give us apologies‐‐
不是 我是来看武器展的
No, I came for the Armory Show.
那他呢
And him?
我喜欢艺术派对
I like art parties.
这个应该会马上收到邮政快递
Which we will be getting back to post‐haste‐‐
不过我要先跟你解释
‐ ‐after I make you understand
为什么你的未来不会是联邦银行
why a federal bank will not be in your future.
喂
Hello?
知道了 今天下午我就会到
Understood... I'll be there this afternoon.
我们得去赶飞机
We need to get on a plane.
戈迪在学校捅娄子了
Gordie stepped in some shit at school.
- 旅途愉快 - 别急
‐Have a good trip‐‐ ‐ Uh uh. Hang tight.
你们俩一起去
You two are both coming with.
等我们着陆
And by the time we land,
我要知道怎么才能搞定银行
I want to know how I am getting a fucking bank.
这办法根本行不通
No fucking way that works.
是你根本就不懂
No fucking way you understand it.
我们教育他们 好让他们将来
We educate them so they can run the world.
管理世界
One day.
但是不能让他们来管理学校
But we can't let them run the school.
那是我们的工作
That's our job.
做艰难的决定
To make the tough decisions
直到他们准备就绪
until they're ready to.
这是关怀备至吗 这是屈尊俯就吗
Is that hand‐holding? Is that condescension?
不 在劳伦斯堡 我们称之为指导原则
No. Here at Lawrenceburg, we call it guidance.
他说得对
He's right about that.
那所大学的学生
The students at that university‐‐
如果他让学生赢了 让学生决定向哪儿投资
if he lets them win, decide where to invest‐‐
他就会失去一切控制
he's lost all control.
那是他的说辞
That's what he's saying.
可他不信这一套
But not what he believes.
这是自然语言处理 NLP
This is NLP. Natural Language Processing.
利用人工智能分♥析♥言下之意
Analyzing subtext through artificial intelligence.
- 它可以的 - 而且真的很酷
‐ It does work. ‐And pretty fucking cool.
电脑在挖掘他以前说过的话
The computer is digging past the words he's saying,
演讲本身之外的
beneath the speech itself‐‐
- 还是感觉在胡说八道 - 继续看下去
‐Still seems like bullshit. ‐ Stay with us.
通过分♥析♥其演讲规律 声调频率
By analyzing speech patterns, vocal frequencies,
语气 组句结构
tone, sentence structure,
它告诉我们这个人想把
it tells us that this man wants to divest
该大学数十亿美元的基金
his university's billion dollar fund
从化石燃料方面撤走
from fossil fuels.
这不仅是因为学生的抗♥议♥
And not just because of student protests.
- 还因为他觉得这样是对的 - 这是个理论 对吗
‐Because he thinks it's right. ‐That's a theory, right?
一种可能性
A probability?
你看 他在努力理解呢
Look at him: trying.
是的 这是一种概率性结论
Yes, it is a probabilistic conclusion.
但是我们分♥析♥了他的言论
But we've analyzed his statements
注意到大约五年前开始发生变化
and noticed a change about five years ago‐‐
那是第一次重点大学开始撤资
the first time any major university divested.
如果他想加入 为何又有所保留呢
If he wants in on the party, why's he holding back?
你知道处在那个位置的人们
You know it's not so easy
如果没有巨额损失
to unroll from these positions
是很难从那里下来的
without significant losses.
-我们可以吗 - 当然可以
‐Can we? ‐ Hell yeah, we can!
这会是第一个现场测试
I mean, this will be the first live test.
但是 我非常确定
But yeah... I'm pretty fucking sure.
让劳伦准备好募资演讲
Have Lauren set the pitch.
我认识几个他董事会的受托人
I know some of his board of trustees.
这事儿不简单
This won't be easy.
从来就没有简单的伟大胜利
Big wins never are.
那就拿下那个基金
Then go get that endowment.
别搞砸了 因为兰格斯塔特撤资之后
And don't fail, because after Langstraat pulled...
知道 再有损失就会让大家士气消沉
Yes. Another loss will be demoralizing.
造成严重后果
And crippling.
要想成功 你就得拿出
To succeed we're going to need you to be
你很久都没有过的表现
something you haven't been lately.
友好吗
Friendly?
有效
Effective.
如果某人的价值观 整个信念体系都跟你不同
How do you appeal to someone whose values,
你要怎么吸引他们的注意力呢
whose entire system of beliefs, is opposed to yours?
- 你在跟我说话吗 - 这一次不是
‐Are you talking about me? ‐Not this time. No.
不过你在找劳伦之前 的确应该先问问我
Although you should have asked me before approaching Lauren.
你想现在说这事吗
Do you want to talk about it now?
不 我想说的是一个潜在投资商
No. No, a potential investor.
劳伦斯堡的校监
剧集 | 亿万 | 导航列表