剧集 | 亿万 | 导航列表
你那拯救地球的计划
And that your save-the-Earth play
让我从石油巨头那里得到了更多好处
led me to a bigger score with good old rock oil.
普赖恩维尤先生
Well, Mr. Plainview,
你并没有冒犯到我敏感的内心
you didn't offend my delicate sensibilities.
不过你确实搞砸了这个更大的好处
What you did do was fuck up the bigger score.
- 是吗 - 是的
- Is that right? - Yes, it is.
这个名单列举了所有准备
This is a list of colleges and universities
将基金转股撤资的学院和大学
with endowments that were ripe for divestment.
第一批受影响的资金大概在88亿
This first wave had a potential haul of 8.8 billion.
现在都无法得手 因为你让我们
All un-gettable now, since the pitch is ruined
看起来就像虚伪贪婪的伪君子
because you made us look
所以这项募资被你毁了
like greedy, opportunistic hypocrites.
对潜在资产进行预测总是显得过于乐观
Projections on potential assets are always overly optimistic.
听着 归根到底是因为沟通不利
Listen: This comes down to poor communication.
缺乏统一 这一点你们俩都有责任
And a lack of alignment, for which you're both to blame.
泰勒 你应该相信他
Taylor, you should have trusted him
告诉他整个计划
and told him the entire play.
他狂妄自大 贸然行动
He cracked out of turn and moved aggressively,
在这种情况下 鲍比 那是个失误
and in this case... Bobby, that was in error.
可是泰勒 你对计划的保留也应该付同样的责任
But by holding out, Taylor, you're just as responsible.
不管是在生意场还是生活中
You know, perception and optics
洞察力和乐观性
are at all-time importance levels
都是处于同样重要的地位
in our business and in life.
一个联合的团队比你们单独任何人
And a unified team is a much more powerful image
给人的印象都要深
than either of you individually.
定量和基本原则
Quant and fundamental.
影响和传统 两个世界的最大优势
Impact and traditional... The best of both worlds.
问题是 我们打算怎么办
The question is: What are we gonna do about it now?
要是我们采取激进主义举措会怎么样
...What if we played it as an activist move...
没错
Yes.
逼这些公♥司♥清算
Push the companies to clean up,
采取一些措施
to put in the kind of initiatives
学校会受到影响
the schools will be impressed by.
就像从内部管制一样出♥售♥它们
Sell it as policing from the inside.
这样我们就可以向更多机构出♥售♥转股资金
Which will allow us to sell divestment to more institutions.
应该我来做 我的名声
I should do it. My reputation...
我同意
Agreed.
我去跟阿吉拉和卡特尔海外资本谈
I'll go talk with Argyra and Charter Offshore.
你基本上在下级面前摆了我一道
You practically dressed me down in front of a junior.
我要保持一丁点可信度
I need to maintain a shred of credibility.
我们都知道你缺乏这点
We both know you missed it.
我是想尽量化解这场尴尬
I was trying to broker the least embarrassing version.
罗兹教授 我是
Professor Rhoades. I'm...
我知道 凯瑟琳·布兰特
Oh, I know... Catherine Brant.
我听说你在这儿
I heard you were up here.
甚至还读过你的著作
Read your book, even.
哪一本 我写了六本呢
Which one? I've written six.
人人都读过的那本 《零差距》
Well, the one everyone read. The O Gap.
有收获吗
Was it helpful?
不是说我需要 只不过
Well, I'm not saying that I needed it, just that...
为什么每次我问一位男士有没有收获
Why is it that every time I ask men if it was helpful,
得到的都是这种回答
that's the reaction I get?
女性都是用拥抱以示感谢
Women just give me hugs of thanks.
你要我拥抱你吗
Are you asking for a hug?
不要
No.
不过我来这儿的确带着问题
I am here with an ask, though.
我在社会学院授课
I teach in the sociology department.
今年 应该说是本周
And this year, this week, in fact,
我在讲你的演讲
I'm lecturing on your speech.
哪一场 我有很多演讲
Ah. Which one? I have given many.
人人都看到的那场
The one everyone saw.
关于拥有性意识
The one about owning your sexuality.
且毫不掩饰地承认那一篇
And not being ashamed of it.
有收获吗
Was it helpful?
是的
Yes.
你看 承认就这样简单
See how easy that is.
对你来说 是啊
For you. Yeah.
所以我的问题是 你愿意到我的课堂上来吗
So here's my ask: Would you come to my class?
让我向你提一些问题
Let me ask you some questions?
让学生提一些问题
Let the students ask you some?
花点时间和你在一起这个想法不错
While the idea of spending some time together sounds fun.
不过要谈论《奥弗顿之窗》和我的生活
The idea of talking about the Overton Window and my life...
听起来很痛苦
uh, it sounds like root canal.
我正想把这些抛诸脑后呢
I'm trying to leave it behind.
我理解
I understand.
不过我还是要讲这个
Still going to teach it.
应该的
Well, as you should.
我也要上第一堂刑法课了
I'm about to teach my first criminal law class.
我可没去征求那些罪犯的同意
And I didn't ask the permission of the criminals.
你介意我坐在后面旁听吗
Would you mind if I sat in the back and listened?
请随意
Please do.
大家好 我是查克·罗兹
Good day. I'm Chuck Rhoades.
正如我的刑法课教授第一天所说
And as my Criminal Law professor said on day one:
我会礼貌地视你们为专业人士
I will do you the courtesy of treating you like professionals.
希望你们对我同样如此
Do me the same.
那么
Now...
凯利先生在吗
Is there a Mr. Kelly in attendance?
在的
Yeppers.
我们对对方说话时要站起来
We stand when addressing one another.
这不是大学
This isn't college.
总有一天你要面对法官
You will address a judge one day.
到时候你可不能坐在椅子上
And you will not be sitting on your keister when you do.
我通过邮件布置了博登科查尔这个案子
Now, I assigned Bordenkircher by email.
说说案件情况和相关法律
Tell me the facts and the law.
我还是算了
I-I pass.
只有一次我没做准备 我的刑法教授告诉我
As my Crim prof told me the one time I wasn't prepared:
没有算了 只有挂了
There is no pass. Only fail.
因为这是第一堂课
Since this was the first class,
我以为会是 入门性介绍
I thought it would be, like, introductory...
不不 你只有一次机会
No, no. You have one chance.
你们所有人 如果我叫到名字时
All of you: If you are not prepared with a brief
你们没做好准备
when I call your name,
那么当天的课请你们离开
you will be asked to leave that day's class.
如果你们总共缺席两堂课
If you miss two classes total,
那么就得重修刑法这门课
you will have to take crim law again.
- 罗兹教授 - 请说
- Professor Rhoades. - Yes?
事情不应该这样
This isn't how it's done now.
我们是来这里学习的 不是来受辱的
We're here to learn together. Not to be shamed.
我觉得我没有羞辱
Oh, I hardly think I shamed...
在这种压力下 我们学不到什么
We don't learn best under this kind of pressure.
这一点已经得到证明
That's been proven now...
见鬼了 伙计们 没错
Holy shit, guys. And yeah, guys.
我叫你们伙计们 男生 女生 还是中性人
I'm calling all of you guys, men, women, enbies.
我是终身教授 因此不乐意我这么叫就忍♥着吧
And I have tenure. So suck it if you don't like it.
你们拥有最难得的机会
You have the rarest of opportunities here.
这位男士经历过法庭会让你
This man has faced the harshest battles
经受的最艰难的战斗
the courts can throw at you.
他以前坐在你们现在的位置上
He sat where you now sit,
到达了律师所能到达的最高位置
and rose to the highest level a lawyer can.
准备好将经验传授给你们
And is ready to share all that.
而你们 缩头缩脑
And you... you lean back,
害怕面对自己的思维局限
afraid to face your own intellectual limitations.
不要这样 全身心投入吧
Instead, dive in.
我知道 你们有些人 大多数人一定读了这个案子
I know some of you, most of you, have done the reading,
准备了诉讼摘要 也准备好回答问题
prepared your briefs and are ready.
那么挺直身板
So sit up straight.
高举你的手 让他看到吧
Put your hands in the air, and let him see it.
《After the Gold Rush》 - by K.d. lang
好吧
Very well.
谁来跟我说说博登科查尔这个案子
Uh. Who's going to tell me about Bordenkircher?
好的 后面那位穿绿毛衣的
剧集 | 亿万 | 导航列表