剧集 | 亿万 | 导航列表
我们可以学到很多教训
from this grisly tale of passion,
我学到的就是
but the one I draw is this:
如果你采取分♥裂♥的忠诚
If you harbor split loyalties,
没有坚定地选择一边
and fail to take a side,
你的大脑就跟那个阿♥拉♥伯人头里
your mind may become nothing more
滋润薄荷枝的土壤没什么区别
than the soil for mint sprigs.
如果你对自己完成这个实习的能力
If you have any doubts about your ability
或者对这个办公室的忠诚
to complete this internship
还有半点犹豫
or your allegiance to this office,
请现在就离开
leave now.
还有人吗
Anybody else?
绝不离开
No way.
很好
Good.
回去继续干吧
Now let's get back to it.
你在财政部还有熟识的人吗
Do you still have any contacts in the Treasury Department?
我跟财政部副助理一起唱过K
I was in the Katzenjammers with the Deputy Assistant Secretary.
真不知道你还会唱歌♥ 萨克尔女士
Did I know you could carry a tune, Ms. Sacker?
- 我有什么不能的 - 很好
What can't I do? Good.
那么我想知道克拉科夫的会议日程
Then I'd like to see Krakow's schedule of meetings.
也许我们可以来个出其不意
Maybe there's a buzzsaw we can run him into.
马上就去联♥系♥
Send him to the mill.
感谢大家参加阳光卢塞恩的
Thank you all for joining this emergency assembly
紧急董事会
of the Shine-Lucence board.
我们正面临一场危机
We are facing a crisis.
大家都知道 我们用锡来生产太阳能电池
As all of you know, we use tin to produce our solar cells.
这是因为它比铅造价低
It's what makes them cheaper, safer,
更安全 更容易制♥造♥
and easier to manufacture than lead.
我们以为我们的锡
We believed that we'd been
来自于一家
sourcing that tin
澳大利亚矿场 其经营安全
from safely and humanely run
管理人道 可是我们才知道
mines in Australia, but we just became aware
有一个中间商 一直向
that a middleman has been
我们的冶炼厂
selling suspect tin
销♥售♥来路不明的锡
to our smelting facility.
详细信息让供应链副总裁向大家汇报
Our supply chain Vice President can tell you more.
我一直在查锡的来源 查到这儿
I tracked the tin back to here.
“这儿”到底是哪里
Where, exactly, is "here"?
刚果 这儿有拿着枪的自卫队
The Congo. There's militia. With guns.
他们逼迫这些民众进入矿场
They're strong-arming people into the mines.
情况真的很糟糕 特别糟糕
It's as bad as they say. Worse...
糟了 我得下线了
Shit, I've gotta go--
请允许我说出大家的想法
Allow me to be the one to say what we're all thinking:
情况很不妙
This is no bueno.
来自刚果的锡 是有利益冲突的矿产
Tin from the Congo is a conflict mineral.
这个矿场被反政♥府♥的
The mines are controlled by
暴♥力♥军阀控制
violent anti-government warlords.
我说过了 这是一场危机
Like I said: crisis.
我们希望大家
We'll be looking to you all
能马上给出一些建议
for immediate recommendations...
你知道在《原野奇侠》
You know how in Shane--
Shane:1953年派拉蒙出品的电影《原野奇侠》,男主人公就叫Shane肖恩
妈的 在每个西部片中
shit, in every Western worth its sand--
男主角总能逃脱 只要他愿意
the main dude can escape, ride off if he wants,
可他总是决定 要留下来奋战
but then decides to stay and fight?
- 我是肖恩吗 - 不 你不是
I'm Shane? No. You are not!
你是迈克·普林斯 而我作为你的副手
You are Mike Prince. And as your deputy--
肖恩又不是警长
Shane wasn't a sheriff.
好吧 我还没看这部片子
Yes. I keep meaning to see that one.
不过我还是坚持我的观点
But the point stands.
你不能留下来继续奋战
You ain't sticking around to fight.
你的第二个建议是什么
What's recommendation number two?
没有第二建议
There isn't one.
你应该接受第一建议的
You're supposed to take recommendation one,
否则我们要怎么办
or what the heck are we doing?
消息被泄露 我们还持有着这家公♥司♥的股权
We can't risk this story breaking
我们不能冒这种风险
and us still be in this company.
你是要我切换到勇士模式
So you want me to go Warriors style.
不是 我刚才说了 我不想你留下来奋战
No. Like I just said, I don't want you to stay and fight--
不 不是 我是说
No, no, no, like
“勇士们 出来玩玩呗”
"Warriors, come out to play-ay..."
勇士是20世纪70年代纽约
The Warriors were an unaffiliated
一帮独♥立♥的多种族街头混混
mixed-race street gang in 1970s New York--
进步人士
Progressive--
被安上一项莫须有的谋杀罪名
Who got blamed for a murder they didn't commit.
在曼哈顿上城 敌对帮派的领地被发现
Caught uptown in enemy territory,
被其他帮派拿枪追着
they had to make their way back home to Coney Island
他们必须设法回到科尼岛的家乡
with all the other gangs gunning for 'em.
于是他们逃跑了 或者说边打边跑
So they ran. Or they fought and ran.
我怎么没听过这个故事
How'd I miss a story like this--
是个电影
It's a movie.
该死 好吧 放在我的观影名单上
Damn. Okay. On my list.
不过虚构的独♥立♥街头帮派
But while fictional unaffiliated street gangs
没有其他选择 百万亿富豪却是有选择的
may not have any choices, multibillionaires do.
不是选择逃跑
Not running.
你去董事会找找 有没有支持我们的成员
You can find me some board members to back our play,
但是我一定要留下来扭转局面
but I'm sticking and turning this around.
这家公♥司♥完蛋了 我们对它的投资也完蛋了
This company is screwed and our position right along with it.
我们要不要立即站出来向媒体坦白
Should we come forward to the press immediately?
- 要不要抛售股票 - 或者两者都做
Should we dump out? Or both?
我们还没有一个良好的业绩记录
We don't have the benefit of a track record.
如果消息走漏出去 无异于
If word of this leaks, it's a deathblow
给我们刚起步的公♥司♥致命一击
to a young firm with our mission.
影响力基金圈子里 我不太确定大家还看不看业绩记录
In the impact space, I'm not sure a track record even helps.
比尔·麦格拉辛本是影响力投资的王者
Bill McGlashan was the king of impact investing.
大学录取贿赂丑闻一爆出来 他也照样完蛋
Then Varsity Blues and his head rolled into a basket.
比尔·麦格拉辛:大型私募基金特克萨斯太平洋(TPG)的高层,是19年的美国大
学录取贿赂丑闻的涉案人员之一,找人给他的儿子代♥考♥,最终进入南加州大学
做正确的事时 人们总是冷酷无情
People are merciless when it comes to doing good.
而麦格拉辛甚至还有波诺为他站台
And McGlashan even had Bono.
我们这一方也需要一位巨星
We need a rockstar in our corner, too--
迈克·普林斯
Mike Prince.
去找他
Go to him.
争取到他 跟他合作
Enlist him. Team up.
跟他一起 我们更有机会说服
Together we'll have a better chance at swaying the board
董事会按我们的意愿办事
into doing whatever you decide is best--
阿克斯知道了会暴跳如雷的
Whoa. Axe would flip the fuck out.
当他看到普林斯在《名利场》
He almost burst into flames
拍摄现场时 几乎都要喷火了
when he saw Prince at the Vanity Fair shoot.
是啊 他们的炉边会谈 简直就是外星人对阵掠夺者
Yes. Their "Fireside Chat" was Alien vs. Predator.
别他妈退缩啊
No fucking fear.
如果我们成功赚到钱了 阿克斯会高兴的
If we win, by making money, Axe will be happy.
那就先赢了 然后再告诉他怎么赢的
So win, then tell him how you did it.
说不定行得通
It could work.
值得一试
It's worth a shot.
不过要是我们联♥系♥了普林斯
But you will feel his wrath
而情况变得更糟的话 他一定会震怒的
if we engage with Prince and make it worse.
那我们就努力做好点
Then let's make it better.
我去找斯古特 安排会面
I'll reach out to Scooter to broker the meeting.
大家都激进点啊
Let's get active, people!
交易员 雇你们是来搞交易的
Traders, you're being paid to trade.
我们是靠买♥♥卖♥♥ 换仓挣钱的 不是买♥♥点长线股傻等半年的
We're in the moving business, not the storage business.
赶紧给我赚点战利品回来
So bring me some fucking scalps for my wall.
研究矿产版块的 我要更多的持仓
Mineral people, I want exposure.
昨天就该入场了
Yesterday.
让我们持有得比1980年的亨特兄弟再多一点
Get me longer than the Hunt Brothers in 1980!
我们得拿起武器 争取那可怜的利益
We've gotta grab the rock, bring back the shiny shit.
我也想加入这个热情四溢 斗志满满的行动
Um, I'd like to join in the zesty and aggressive approach.
不过我得说一句 我不确定要做什么
But I've got to say: I'm not sure what we're supposed to do.
好了 赶紧赶紧的
Okay. Come on. Come on. Come on. Come on.
你们都像上一代人一样 我需要你们像下一代人啊
You guys are running last gen. I need you next gen.
维克托
Victor!
纯粹自愿
剧集 | 亿万 | 导航列表