剧集 | 亿万 | 导航列表
我觉得你这些用词好像不太好
I really don't think you want that phrase on the record,
- 要考虑人事部的人 - 不
-there are HR considera-- -No.
那声音听起来就像是 葬礼挽歌♥
What that sound is, is a funeral dirge.
我们的葬礼挽歌♥
And that funeral is ours.
那个欢呼是为克拉科夫
That cheering is for Krakow
盖章通过了阿克斯的银行审批
rubber stamping Axe's federal bank charter.
- 真的会通过审批吗 - 已经通过了
It's really happening? Happened.
还是快速审批的
Fast tracking it...
我刚开始听到这个消息 知道我们要开银行
Now, I joined the party when I first heard about
我也特别激动
us becoming a bank...
因为听起来很牛逼
Because it sounded sturdy.
很可靠 大有钱赚
Secure. Lucrative.
可是我调查得越多
But the more I researched--
是的 感觉越不好
Yeah. The worse it fucking is.
派人守着炮塔
Man the turrets
你就会失去整个军械库
and start loosing ordnance on whatever you see.
因为很快我们就只能自给自足了
Because it's gonna be eat what you kill soon enough.
慢着 你这是打猎还是打仗呢
Wait, are you hunting or at war?
都是 你们最好也都两手准备
Both. As you all better be.
我们马上就要申请 登记注销对冲基金
We're going to have to deregister as a hedge fund.
这地方会变成一个家族办公室
This place will become a family office,
将商业和银行业分离
to separate commerce from banking.
没有其他投资人的管理费 来支付我们的薪水了
No outside fees to cover our salaries.
很明显人员过剩
Redundancies will become clear.
对他来说
To him.
有些人就像是到了仲夏节一样
Some of us will be Midsommar'd.
说得没错
Yes! Exactly!
我不知道你那话是什么意思 不过听起来
I don't actually know what that means, but it sounds--
很恐怖 超级可怕
Horrible. Utterly horrible.
阿克斯
Axe, um...
如果我们
If we do...
等我们拿到银行许可之后
When we do get the bank charter,
我们的生活会发生多大变化
how much are our lives changing?
我们的工作
Will our jobs--
这不是问题
No, it's not a problem.
不是吗
It's not?
反正不是我的问题
Well, it's not my problem.
你的未来不要去问别人
And don't ask another guy about your future.
你的未来要靠自己去创造
Make your own fucking future.
感觉你被我妈附体了
It's like my own mother took the form of your body.
几乎都感受到她平时做的牛肉汤味道了
I can almost taste her ggori gomtang.
好可怕啊
It's chilling...
可是我们一起经历了这么多
But, we have all been through so much together.
起起落落
Lean and fat times.
我们阿克斯资本总是能渡过难关
We always come through at Axe Capital.
这次是矫枉过正了吗
Is this an overcorrection to conditions?
我们非要进军银行业吗
Shouldn't we just ride it out?
说得没错 我们也能挺过去啊
Fucking right we should.
就像匹兹堡钢铁人队那样
As the Pittsburgh Steelers do.
而且他们那种稳定性 对他们很有好处
And that consistency has served them well.
- 最佳经营机构 - 第二佳
Best-run franchise in-- Second best.
就像贝利齐克教练所说
Like Coach Belichick says:
等到中场再做调整
You wait till halftime before you start making adjustments,
那就太他妈晚了
it's too fucking late...
改变很恐怖
Change is scary.
我知道
I know.
不过这对你们所有人来说更好
But this is gonna be better for all of you.
也许不是所有人
Maybe not all of you.
你知道我在那儿说的话不全是真的
You know I didn't really say what I feel down there.
如果我说了我的真正想法
If I said what I really believed--
老板 我知道你在想什么
Boss. I know what you were thinking.
不用你说 大家都看得清晰透明
It was pellucid without you even saying it.
就像我能听见你的想法
Like I was hearing your thoughts.
是吗 我在想什么
Really? What was I--
你只想喝上一杯咖啡
You just wanted your fucking coffee
不敢相信自己看到大家那么软弱
and couldn't believe the weakness you were witnessing.
你还在想今天早上做的16笔交易
You were also thinking about the 16 trades we made this morning,
有一刻 我看你看向前台
and, at one point, I saw you look toward the front desk,
在思考 从成本角度来讲
and calculate the value relative to cost
我们是不是真的需要两名前台接待
of having two receptionists there.
你这是哪门子胡说八道的读心术
What kind of Derren Brown mindreader bullshit is this?
这不是胡说八道
It's not bullshit.
是这个
It's this...
脑铂金
Vigilantrix.
我们的下一笔交易
Our next big play.
我们现在还不是银行
We are not a bank quite yet.
所以我们最好在成为银行之前
And we may as well fucking crush it one more time
再大赚一笔
before we become one.
这个药物 阿克斯
This drug, Axe, it's the killer app
它就是你在医药界寻找的杀手级应用
in the pharma space you've been chasing.
它提高专注力 刺♥激♥你的生产效率
It's a focus ratchet, a productivity booster.
在一个医药论♥坛♥上 参会者可以服用一粒试试
The audience at a pharma conference got one to try.
可是我试了之后 忍♥不住买♥♥了一整箱
But after I had a taste, I copped the whole box.
脑铂金
Vigilantrix.
我读过关于它的临床实验
I read about the trials.
就是这个东西啊
That's the thing, huh?
没错 它让人精力无限
It sure is. It's the Limitless shit.
让我能够大杀
It's got me firing on all--
不是 是让我绝对的头脑清晰 思维敏锐
it's giving me crazy mental clarity and acuity.
我都用上思维敏锐这个词了
I'm even using words like "acuity."
还清晰透明 我听到了
And "pellucid," yeah, I heard.
这东西真的管用
The stuff works.
如果它能让我像你一样思考
If it's got me thinking like you,
想想你吃了之后会变成什么样
imagine who it'll have you thinking like.
罗兹总检察长 我们想谈谈我们的任务
Attorney General Rhoades, we'd like to discuss our assignment.
进来吧
Please, come in.
我们对这个任务有点疑问
We have a problem with the assignment, sir--
确切地说 是一种道德异议
well, an ethical objection, really.
是么
I see.
请你解释一下 莫尔
Please, explain, Merle.
我们认为
We're concerned that the process
你让我们找证据立案
you've asked us to follow feels, like...
动机不良
improperly motivated.
完全反过来了
It's backwards.
为了对克拉科夫立案而去寻找线索
To just try and find something on Secretary Krakow.
不应该是先有了犯罪行为 然后才去立案的吗
Aren't we supposed to start with a crime and then build a case?
感觉太针对个人了
It feels super targeted.
就像是禁止穆♥斯♥林♥之类的
Like the Muslim ban or something.
在你们才刚刚开始的人生中
You have been very fortunate in your short lives
你们有幸能读到最尖刻的法学家
to read the sharpest legal scholars
讨论最著名的案例的相关内容
and discuss the most famous cases.
但你们还从来没有
But you have never
赤身裸体地站到陪审团和法官面前
stood naked before judge or jury.
你们从没有出♥卖♥♥♥过 哪怕一丝丝自己的良心
You have never made a single compromise of conscience.
你们从不需要在正义和忠诚之间做出选择
You have never had to weigh justice against loyalty...
要知道 律师 最重要的就是会讲故事
You know, lawyers are, importantly, storytellers.
让我给你们讲一个故事
So allow me to weave you a yarn.
有一个民间传说是这样的
An old folktale goes:
一个西西里女人跟一个阿♥拉♥伯商人相爱了
A Sicilian woman and an Arab trader fell in love.
可这个阿♥拉♥伯人在突尼斯有老婆孩子
But the Arab had a wife and children back in Tunisia.
于是他告诉这个西西里女人 他爱她
So he told the Sicilian woman that he loved her,
但是他必须回到家人身边
but he had to go back to his family.
那天晚上 那个西西里女人
That night, the Sicilian woman
趁男人熟睡时割下了他的头
cut off his head while he was sleeping.
把他的大脑掏空
She hollowed out his brains,
然后用他的头骨做了一个盆
and she turned his skull into a pot,
在里面种上了植物
where she planted herbs.
今天在巴勒莫 你还可以看到
And you can still see ceramic pots
那些陶瓷盆上的图案就像是阿♥拉♥伯人的头
painted like Arab heads in Palermo today.
从这个毛骨悚然的故事里
There are several lessons that can be taken
剧集 | 亿万 | 导航列表