剧集 | 亿万 | 导航列表
那我走人
Then I step down.
你把那笔赞助项目的资金
And you redirect the money funding
原路打回我的办公室...
the operation back to my office...
不必 赠款我们留着
No. We'll keep the bestowal.
好把钱用于
And use it for the good and fair purpose
美好的初衷
for which it was meant to be used.
同时接受你的辞职
But I accept your resignation
感谢你的主动
and I thank you for it.
你确实做了件善事
You did do a good thing.
应该说是两件
Two, really.
默尔·霍华德有机会成长为
Merle Howard has a chance to be a
对社会卓有建树的一员
productive member of society.
没了你这样的导师 对耶鲁来说也是幸事一件
And Yale is now protected from a mentor like you.
今天很不顺
Rough day?
不是个好日子
Not my best.
但我挺充实
But I did something.
我信守承诺 好事
I actually kept a promise to myself, a good one.
所以...
So that's...
应该说今天有进步
I guess the word is progress.
你感觉很爽呗
Hmm. So you feel great?
低调 得意不要忘形
Oh, let's not get carried away.
下面这事可能比刚刚的快♥感♥还让人上头
Well, maybe this will take it over the top.
我一直在找一些有料的大案子
I was researching some big, juicy cases that would put
想让你显得伟光正 于是在一份地方报纸上
a halo over your head and found a small article
读到一篇小文章 是关于社区群众
in a local paper about some neighborhood folks
被小额短期高♥利♥贷♥欺诈的消息
that got fleeced by a payday lender.
公♥司♥的名字叫满诉
Company's called Plaintif-Full.
这公♥司♥的行径是不是跟名字一样烂
Are they as bad as their name suggests?
相当没有诚信的经营单位 就是在抢
Bad-faith operators. Predatory.
其实我不大需要这个了
Well, I no longer need it.
但我这会儿特别想搞人
But I am in the mood to take someone down.
那就干吧 为了正义
Let's do it because it's the right thing to do.
这说法提神
Refreshing.
老一套 下手要快
Old school. Move fast on this.
放心吧
You know it.
让我找到了
I got it.
你一提到过去
When you said the past,
我猛地想到财富杂♥志♥上的一篇老报道
it jogged my memory of an old Fortune article.
我以前上厕所时爱看这些
I used to read 'em on the crapper.
这本是你上厕所的时候看的
Is that the actual one from the crapper?
这本不是 我从书报栏拿的
No, I pulled that one out of archives.
写的是普林斯已故的合作伙伴
The story is about Prince's deceased partner,
大卫·费尔斯
David Fells.
很多年前 普林斯把公♥司♥四成的股份
Now Prince sold off 40% of his company years ago
卖♥♥给微软 那时候这个费尔斯还在世
to Microsoft, back when Fells was still alive.
那是他的第一桶金 第一笔十亿级交易
It was his first big score. His first billion.
而他也始终倔强地拒绝出♥售♥其余股份
But he's always famously refused to sell off the rest.
不想失去控制权
To give up control.
然后呢 - 然后...
And? - And...
报道的内容也许能帮你从内部
this might be a way for you to wrest control
攫取他那家混♥蛋♥公♥司♥的控制权
of his goddamn company from within,
像蛔虫一样
like a Guinea worm.
费尔斯的股份是创始人股份
Because Fells's founder's shares come with
有一股十权的投票权
ten to one voting rights.
如果得到这部分股份
You get those,
你就可以在董事会抢班夺权
you can stage a boardroom coup.
我联♥系♥过和费尔斯亲缘最近的人
I've been in touch with Fells's next of kin,
他母亲
his mother.
她同意见一面
She's agreed to meet.
而且她不喜欢迈克尔·普林斯
And she's no fan of Mike Prince.
你怎么知道 - 因为她说过
How do you know that? - 'Cause she said,
"我手上的东西 足够你们毁掉迈克尔·普林斯"
"I have just what you need to torpedo Mike Prince."
她持有创始人股份和超级投票权
She has the founder's shares and the super voting rights.
这说明什么呢
What else could that mean?
是不是要用上你的飞机了
Fuel up your jet?
你知道该干什么
You know it.
带她来见我
Bring her to me.
费尔斯夫人... - 叫我布伦达
Mrs. Fells... - Oh, Brenda.
布伦达
Brenda.
我就开门见山了
I'm gonna to put this bluntly,
我无意劳神费力地谈
and I'm not gonna bother negotiating.
我会牢牢拿住你儿子的股份
I will back up an armored car for your son's shares.
很抱歉 我没有股份了
I... I'm sorry, I don't have them.
他去世之前 就把股份卖♥♥给了迈克尔·普林斯
He sold them before he died, to Michael Prince.
真不该来
I shouldn't have come.
夫人 这可太糟糕了
Well, ma'am, that is too bad.
但在我把你接来之前 你就知道自己没有股份
But you knew this before I flew you in.
却没有拒绝前往 所以...
And you didn't say don't, so...
这让我相信这里面还有其他的意思
That leads me to believe it might be something else.
这是肯定的 确实有内容
Oh, I'm sure it's something else.
这些事我早就知道 藏在心里很多年
It's something I've known and carried for years,
自从我儿...是这样
since my s-all right, look.
我签过保密协议
I signed an NDA.
好多年前普利斯来找过我 那时大卫刚入殓
Prince came to me years ago, right after David was buried.
他给我一笔钱 让我签了协议
He gave me money and he had me sign.
这里只有你和我
This is just you and me talking.
无论你说了什么 只要有价值
Whatever you tell me, and if it's valuable,
为我所用
and I use it,
我一定补偿你的一切损失或者面临的一切法律责任
I will cover any losses or liabilities you face.
只有白♥痴♥才会光凭你一句话就信
Only an idiot would take your word
不当着律师把这个意思落在书面
and not write this up with lawyers.
也只有白♥痴♥才会开这个价
Only an idiot would make the offer.
我儿子才华横溢
My son was brilliant,
但情商极低
but he was troubled.
他不知道怎么在这个世界上安身立命
He had trouble finding his way through the world.
很难交到朋友
He didn't make friends easily.
于是开始酗酒 嗑药
And then he started in with the drinking and the drugs.
除了迈克尔·普林斯
Except for Michael Prince.
他们在我的车♥库♥里干了几千个小时
Those two spent thousands of hours in my garage working.
普林斯就像是我儿子天赋的门面
You know, Prince was like the forward face of all my son's genius.
有一天 他到我们家来
And then one day, he stops by with
还带了一笔意外之财 二十万美元
what seemed like a windfall, $200,000.
他说他拿到了专利使用权转让协定
He said he'd gotten a licensing agreement
说他要买♥♥大卫的公♥司♥股份
and that he would buy David's piece of the company
减轻他的压力
to take the pressure off.
好让大卫可以放松一下
So David could chill out, you know,
戒毒 戒酒
clean up, dry out.
他说就算第一次没有成功
He said that while the first one didn't work,
他可以等大卫好起来
they would start a new company
再一起开一家新公♥司♥
when David was strong again.
起决定作用的是
And... and to tip the scales,
他带了支票
he brought along the check
还有去里约热内卢狂欢节的门票
and tickets to Rio for Carnival.
迈克尔最后一天会去找他
Michael's gonna join him on the last day.
大卫同意了 他去了
So David accepted, he went.
然后微软的收♥购♥消息就出来了
And then the Microsoft deal was announced,
收♥购♥价格也被报道出来了 迈克尔·普林斯赚到的钱
and the numbers were reported, and Michael Prince had made...
是他付给大卫的
wh... uh a hundred times
百倍 甚至千倍
what he'd paid David, a thousand.
他知道就要被收♥购♥了
He knew the offer was coming.
他知道 他一直拖着
Oh, he knew, and he stalled it off
直到他拿到大卫的股份
until he could secure David's piece.
让大卫以为是在帮他忙 然后把他晾一边
Made it look like a favor and put him out in the cold.
你知道
I mean, do you know
这对二十五岁的人会造成什么影响吗
what that does to a 25-year-old?
那样的失败
To lose out like that?
被你最好的朋友
I mean, to be stabbed in the back like that
从背后捅一刀
by your best friend?
大量酗酒 过度吸毒
The drinking and using went into overdrive.
他说他准备好回家了
He said he was ready to come home.
剧集 | 亿万 | 导航列表