剧集 | 亿万 | 导航列表
Not sure I agree with that.
良心有点像老旧的不粘锅
Conscience can be a little bit like those old nonstick pans.
高温下不沾层会脱落
Flakes off under heat.
产生有毒的气体 毁掉整个产业
Produces noxious fumes that ruin the whole enterprise.
现在 你真正需要的是
Now, what you're really looking for
铁石心肠
is a cast iron soul.
经久耐用 专业老道
Durable, seasoned.
如果我需要关于厨具的建议
If I wanted advice about pots and pans,
我会去申请给费艾里当实习生
I'd have signed up to intern for Guy Fieri.
费艾里: 美食节目主持人 餐厅合伙人
对于你来这里的目的 我的建议是
Well then, here's the advice you really came for.
给你写的
Sign your name
每篇文章署名
to everything you write.
你在说什么 我听不懂
I don't know what you're talking about.
你明白的 这本来就属于你
You do. And you should own it.
过来吧 就像你的费艾里主厨那样
C'mon, do what your Chef Fieri does.
用起你的筹码 别给丢了
Use your leverage. Don't throw it away.
他最开始的时候 开的还是67年的科迈罗
Hell, he started out with a '67 Camaro,
留着漂白的山羊胡 还沉迷于懒人汉堡
bleached goatee, and a hankering for Sloppy Joe,
最后不也开创了自己的商业帝国
and he ended up with an empire.
道德不是筹码
Morality isn't leverage.
民♥主♥也一样 正派作风...
Democracy isn't leverage. Decency...
只是一次学生之间的选举而已
It was a student election.
决定谁去邀请欧因哥乐队参加春季嘉年华
To decide who got to woo Oingo Boingo to Spring Fling
还得说服他们别唱《太阳城》
and push them not to play Sun City.
又不是1934年的墨索里尼
It wasn't Il Duce in '34.
两者有本质区别
There's a difference.
区别也没你想的那么大
Not as much as you think.
千里之堤 溃于蚁穴
One leads to the other.
靠
Oh, fuck.
我知道你以为自己站在了道德高地上
I can tell how good that felt to you to say.
可是高地是假的
Problem is, it's just not true.
有件事你说对了
You're right about one thing.
匿名邮件这种方式真是弱爆了
Sending an anonymous email was weak.
我现在明白了
I answer for that now.
而你会明白自己犯下的是什么样的错误
Just like you will have to answer for your mistake.
要是以前 我就会利用你心中的
See, this is where old days I'd have appealed
恐惧和贪婪来达成目的
to your fear and greed centers.
比如你一个应届生
Dangled an unattainable post-graduation job
无法靠自己得到的工作机会
in front of you, or the specter of some
或者是你的家人面临牢狱之灾
member of your family getting into legal trouble.
但现在
Instead,
请允许我和你分享一个我自己得到的教训
allow me to share with you a lesson from my own life.
我猜是愧疚感
So it's guilt then, I'm guessin'.
听着 默尔
Listen, Merle.
我不了解你
I don't know you,
也不了解你现在或未来的人生规划
or what you do or plan to do with your life.
但我了解的是
But I know this.
如果你打算用敲诈的方式逼退我
If you move me out by using blackmail,
那你就是把自己往火坑里推
you will be setting yourself up for a life...
我已经把自己推进去了
well, a life quite like mine.
所以我现在面临的是
One open to moments of
悔不当初和颜面尽失
deep regret and loss of face.
又是严厉警告那一套
Ah, the stern warning.
所谓过来人的智慧
The wisdom from down the road.
我把我最有价值的东西教给你
I'm giving you the most valuable thing I have:
眼光要放长远
perspective.
你有机会过上那种堂堂正正的生活
You have the chance to live a life of honor.
能一觉睡到大天亮...
To sleep through the night...
这么跟你说吧 我已经有一个爸了
You know what? I already have a father
总是一个劲地以自己为例 告诉我他犯过的错
who sells me his bad choices, his object lessons.
给你一天时间 优雅地辞职
You have a day to resign gracefully.
一天之后 你的照片就会被公之于众
After that, I'm blasting the picture out wide.
我可能要面临选举舞弊的问题了
I may have a vote-rigging problem on my horizon.
那我猜你是没机会开局大案子了
I assume you're not teeing up a big, juicy case.
这种情况下
Oh, in this scenario,
我就是局里的高尔夫球 看看这个
I'm the golf ball. Take a look at this.
这打火机不错嘛 都彭的
Nice lighter. ST. Dupont?
世界上最贵的打火机品牌之一
说说我打算用打火机烧的那些选票吧
Let's talk about those ballots I'm taking the lighter to.
选举舞弊的事让你闹心吗
Does the election-tampering bother you?
不会 如果你不是为了赢这么做 我的问题就更大了
Nah, I'd have a bigger problem if you weren't in it to win it.
申明下重要性 我站的可是历史上的正义方
I was on the right side of history, if that matters.
也没那么重要
Yeah, no, not much.
你当时就是个小孩
Look, you were practically a kid.
我猜你有你的理由
I am guessing you had your reasons
或者你只是在演练
or were just practicing your moves.
但是你现在身为州宪法法官
But now as a state constitutional officer,
如果这件事传出去 你的选民可不会这么想
your voters may feel differently about this if it gets out.
所以我来找你
That's why I'm here.
你想让我来开局一个黑料满满的大案
You want me to tee up a big, juicy case,
呼吁正义和公平
one that screams out justice and fairness,
然后让你这颗高尔夫球受到万众瞩目
and bumps your tee time right off the front page.
是的
I do. Yes.
借用你的话 "放着我来"
As you'd say... "Let me work."
我打算和你签个合同
I will need you to sign a contract that states clearly
上面会写清楚你是这里的专属职员
you're exclusively working here and nowhere else.
如果我不签呢
And if I won't sign?
那你就可以走了
I think maybe then you're gone.
我的职员不能比真人秀《单身汉》里的那些人
I can't have people here who are less committed
更加不敬业
than contestants on The Bachelor.
你不是连一集《单身汉》
There is no way you've even seen
都没看过 你怎么...
one episode of The Bachelor. How can you...
有时会拿它来催眠
Sometimes it helps me fall asleep.
他们肤浅的自信和美貌
Their insipid self-confidence
实在是让人昏昏欲睡
and beauty is a somnolent.
重点在于 如果你为我工作
But the point is, if you work with me,
我会榨干♥你♥每一滴血 因为那都是我喂出来的
I need your blood, because that is what I give.
没听懂
I don't know.
我希望你能留下 你头脑清楚 这已经很难得了
I want you here. You think clearly. That's rare.
说话的时候也是头头是道
But you can also communicate clearly.
两者兼备的人实在难得
The combo is more rare.
更何况你还魅力十足
And then there's the ability to charm,
不用低俗的伎俩就能让人们站到你这边
get people on your side without resorting to cheap tricks.
再加上 面对我开出的诱人条件
Plus, also, I can see you struggling to remain
你依然在努力坚持自己的信念
a good person despite the temptations.
开除这样的人
It would seem a mistake to fire someone
好像不是什么明智之举吧
with those characteristics, no?
我没想开除你
I don't want to fire you.
你是想独占我
You want to own me.
这种行为可不怎么酷
And that's not cool.
你还没回答我呢
You haven't answered me.
好吧
Right.
年轻的共和党分支首次举♥行♥活动
肢体冲撞 种族隔离抗♥议♥现场一片混乱
喜欢吗
Ya likes?
我简直就是《夺宝奇兵》里的印第安纳·琼斯
I dug like Indiana Jones in the Ark picture.
看出来了
I see that.
这些都很有说服力
These are potent.
而且对我很有用
And could be quite helpful to me.
没错 现在所有人 包括我
Yeah. I and everyone now
不仅明白了你为什么要在选举时作弊
not only understand why you stole the election,
还会检讨自己 坚定地支持你
but we're rooting for you in retrospect.
不择手段也好 你得赢过他
You had to take him out. By any means necessary.
如果耶鲁的学生会主席反对撤资
If Yale's student body president was anti-divestment,
为每场活动挑选发言人
picking the speakers for every event,
在每场会议里暗中布局
stacking the decks at every meeting.
他自己的话和演讲可以说明一切
His own quotes and speeches say it all.
你怎么拿到这些的
How did you get these?
这就是我妹夫
That's a question I expect
要回答的问题了
from my brother-in-law, the garmento.
重点是 好好利用它们
The point is, use this stuff.
这样就算你的照片被公开
剧集 | 亿万 | 导航列表