剧集 | 亿万 | 导航列表
但是他没有
But he didn't.
他... 他失去了方向
He... he went dark.
一个月后 他死于一场
And he wound up dying a month later
交通事故
in a single-car accident.
迈克尔·普林斯
Michael Prince
他的财富建在我儿的坟墓之上
built his fortune on my son's grave.
我本该...
I was supposed to...
现在 我本该拿到芝加哥大学的
By now I was supposed to be done with my PhD
经济哲学博士学位了
in economic philosophy at U Chicago.
发表了毕业论文
I'd have published my dissertation.
但是博比·阿克塞尔罗德承诺提供指导
But then Bobby Axelrod put a promise of mentorship,
精神的交流 创意的碰撞
a meeting of the minds, a kinship of ideas,
让以我从没见过的方式认识股市
and a way of seeing the markets I'd never felt before,
那么多钱摆在我面前 我就...
and so much money in front of me that I just...
我甚至没有给我要跟的导师
I never even called the professor
打个电♥话♥
I was supposed to go work with.
我就那么退出了项目
I just withdrew from the program.
你希望自己是在那个乐趣逐渐消失的地方
You wish you were at the place fun goes to die
而不是赚大钱
instead of making jillions
每天解决无解的难题
solving unsolvable puzzles every day?
我从没想过自己会是那种
I never thought I was the kind of person
被这些东西诱惑的人
who would be tempted by all this.
然后我告诉自己 任何人 每个人
And then I told myself that anyone, everyone,
都会为这些迷失自我
would lose a piece of themselves for this.
这让我能为自己的所作所为辩解
It made me able to justify what I did.
然后我就来了
And then here I was.
这是做试验的绝佳机会
And it was the perfect chance to conduct an experiment,
测试用例
a test case.
你一方面想让我逃离你当年没能逃掉的
Part of you wants me to make the escape you couldn't.
另一方面又想让我留下来
But the other part wants me to stay.
向你证明 没有人能抵抗这种号♥召
To prove to you that no one can resist the clarion call.
我和我这代人不一样
I'm on the wrong side of our generation.
即使从阿克塞给了我选择
Even just the four years between when Axe
到现在 只过了四年 可...
put the choice to me, and now...
不 你老了 我没有
No, yeah, you're old. I'm not.
但是我坐在这 不是因为我比你强
But I'm not sitting here like I'm better than you.
该死
Fuck.
你选择了坚定而真实的东西
You chose something sturdy and real,
像是你能降落的地点
and where, like, you could land.
我还在飘摇
I'm still floating.
这是我们上次谈过之后我一直在想的事情
That's what I've been thinking about since we last talked.
我是怎么被夹在中间的 - 真的吗
How I'm caught between. - Really?
我不想像个螺丝钉一样 在福特工厂里
I don't want to go work in the Ford plant for 40 years
工作四十年
like a rivet head.
但是知道自己在拼搏事业
But knowing I'm really in something?
这感觉很好
Yeah, that seems good.
我要离开餐饮公♥司♥了
I'm gonna ditch the catering company.
很好 但是我不能让你就这么干下去
Good. But I can't let you just go and do it
而不警告你 还需要做什么准备
without warning you what else you need to be ready for.
这趟旅程中 还需要放弃什么
What else one gives up to go on the journey.
你还放弃了什么呢
Oh, so what else do you give up?
晚上 周末 假期
Nights, weekends, holidays.
你的世界将变成一系列的数据
Your world will become a series of data sets,
盈亏的排列项
line items on a P and L.
所有东西都被分解成基点
Everything broken down into basis points.
你的胜利基准不是钱
And your victories will not be the money,
不是任何人都能衡量的东西
the thing that anybody can measure,
而是他们理解不了的东西
but the stuff they can't begin to appreciate.
不可量化的东西
Looking beyond what's quantifiable,
微妙的细化 成功的优雅度
the subtle refinements, the elegance of success.
我会从餐饮公♥司♥辞职
I'll quit the catering company.
然后买♥♥下它 把它交给我的朋友管理
Then buy it. Turn it over to my friends.
友好的表示 她们不会感激你的
Nice gesture. They won't appreciate it.
不过 至少你知道自己为她们做了件好事
But at least you'll know you did a good thing for them.
你真正的朋友 尽管很少 不过她们会理解的
Your real friends, few as they may be, will get it.
不能理解的人
And the ones that don't,
也没有能力成为你需要的那种朋友
don't have the capacity to be the kind of friend you need.
所以除了友谊
So instead of friendship,
你用工作填补空虚
you have to use work to fill the void?
我想是的
I guess I do.
多谢了
Thanks for this.
他刚好来了纽约市
Yeah, he was in town.
我想他会喜欢的
I figured he'd dig the work.
真的很棒啊
This is really good work, man.
酷
Cool.
我喜欢你的歌♥
I dig yours.
也许你想委托他画一幅
Hey. You know, maybe you want to commission one.
我大部分钱都花在吉他上了
I spend most of my money on guitars
不过 我会考虑的 - 很好 很好
but I'm thinking about it. - Yeah, good. Good.
你今晚要来我家吗
Hey, you want to come by my place tonight?
我要跟我的团队一起组织一个特别观赏派对
I'm having my team by for a special viewing party.
不了 谢谢
Oh, no, thank you.
我在金融圈的人身边 总觉得
I... I don't ever really feel comfortable around
不太自在
the financial set, right?
好
Oh, yeah.
但是... 也有好处
But there... there are some upsides.
唯一糟糕的就是
Only thing that sounds worse is hanging out
和唱片公♥司♥的高管层混在一起
with record label executives.
特别是我想工作的时候
Especially when I'm trying to work.
我只想完成自己的作品
I just want to do my thing.
我不想成为别人恶作剧的对象
I don't want to be somebody's trick monkey.
总之 谢谢你带我看这些画作
Anyway, thanks for showing me this stuff.
真的很好 很受鼓舞
Really good. Really inspirational.
谢谢
Oh, thanks.
一会儿见
Hey see you in a bit.
BGM:《It's Good To Be King》by Tom Petty
好了
Okay.
颜料是不小心溅上去的吗
Does the paint get on your stuff?
还是你喜欢 添点色彩
Or do you like, add it?
图克 你别烦人家
Tuk, you shouldn't bother the man.
他不喜欢闲聊
He doesn't like small talk.
什... 什么
What... what, uh,
你想说什么
what is it that you're trying to ask?
我刚花了一万美元买♥♥了这件古驰的外套
I just dropped 10K on this Gucci jacket
好穿着去酒吧 不过...
to wear out to clubs, but...
不过我现在想 如果我溅点颜料...
but now I'm thinking if I splash some paint...
图克
Oh, Tuk.
你真的不该那么做
Yeah, you really shouldn't do that.
你只会毁了它 笨蛋
You'll just ruin your jacket, loser.
没错 艺术风格适合他
Exactly. The artist thing works for him
因为他是艺术家
because he's an artist.
玩你自己的把戏去
Get your own game,
比如给女生买♥♥个一万美元的外套
like buying the girl the $10,000 jacket.
也许你还会得到些感谢
Maybe you'll get some gratitude points.
图克啊
Oh, Tuk.
我听说我们得看看这个
Hi. I heard we had to watch this thing.
我朋友出去了
My friends were going out
我不知道还能去哪
and I didn't know where else to go really.
你介意吗
Do you mind?
大使先生 您的衣服
Mr. Ambassador, your habiliments.
好了 各位
All right, everyone.
你们会喜欢的
You are gonna like this.
他是个白手起家的亿万富翁
He's a self-made billionaire,
一个倡导关注环境和未来的人
an advocate for the environment and our future,
一个对不公平现象提出质疑的人
a man who asks the tough questions about inequality.
但是套用巴尔扎克的话
But to paraphrase Balzac,
巨大的财富背后
behind every great fortune,
都隐藏着罪恶
there is great cruelty.
至于普林斯先生
And in the case of Mr. Prince,
则是剥削和背叛
exploitation and betrayal.
在接下来的一小时里
剧集 | 亿万 | 导航列表