剧集 | 亿万 | 导航列表
你跟她很熟
Well, you know her well.
是他举荐你担任联邦检察官的职位的
She put your name forward for the U. S. Attorney's job.
玛西娅·范德维尔 - 没错
Marcia Vandeveer. Sure.
我父亲的老朋友
Old pal of my father's.
这意味着我们没准能否
A fact which suggests we may be able to just
轻而易举地让她放手
roll her away like a stone from your tomb.
你没有回答另一个问题
You didn't answer the other part.
参议员已经知晓 当我还在司法部时
The senator has become aware that when I was at DOJ
我参与编写了一个备忘录 支持基于日内瓦公约的
I co‐authored a memorandum endorsing a then‐novel reading
一个子条款一种新颖的解读
of a subclause of the Geneva Convention.
虐囚备忘录
The torture memo?
你♥他♥妈♥写了虐囚备忘录的
You wrote the fucking torture memo?
我就写了个备忘录
I wrote a memo.
严格说来 不叫虐待
On a fine point of legal‐‐ it wasn't the "T" word.
而是强化审讯
It was "enhanced interrogation."
是收集情报非常重要的工具
A vital tool in intelligence gathering.
不用谢我让你置身于自♥由♥的庇护之下
You're welcome by the way for the very blanket of freedom‐‐
谢了你了 我怎么
Thank you. And how the hell
向参议员解释这一切
am I supposed to explain that to the senator?
我只要公开为自己辩护
I would simply like to defend myself publicly.
面对耻辱迎头而上
Face the shame head on.
将之变成骄傲
Turn it into pride.
跟我一样
As I did.
我希望有你的帮助
Well, I was hoping with your help
或许我们能再次改变奥弗顿之窗的方向
we might shift the Overton Window once more.
一段时间内民♥意♥能够接受的政见
好吧 可我那事无伤大雅
Okay. But my thing was a harmless‐‐
水刑也没有媒体说的那么夸张
The waterboarding wasn't really as bad as the media made it out.
这是虐待
It's torture!
可能这事儿我错了
I may have been wrong on this one‐‐
你♥他♥妈♥说对了 这就是虐待
You're damn fucking right‐‐ it's torture!
如果我都受不了
And if even I don't like it‐‐
相信我 那只是消遣版
Believe me, that was the sport version.
你应该看看我是怎么对付地方秘密特工的
You should see how I roll on covert hostile actors...
对付过 现在没有了
Rolled. Not anymore.
事实上 从来没有过
In fact. Not ever.
都不知道我♥干♥嘛要说这些
Don't even know why I said that.
你不是军人 我们就从这点出发
You're not a military man. That's the way we go.
你相信这些将军 他们怎么做你怎么知道
Uh, you trusted the generals. Who would have done otherwise?
我 算了 我绝对不会背书这种东西的
Me. No, I would not have endorsed that shit.
毫无疑问 可是我在准备给参议员范德维尔怎么解释
No doubt. But I'm building my case for Senator Vandeveer.
一定要让她忘记他这些破事
To get her to forget his scribblings
看清楚他的真正为人
and see him for the man he is.
查克 你想看到我好的一面
Chuck, you want to think the best of me.
大家都想
Well, everyone does.
我去把这扔了
I'll get rid of this.
都不知道我从哪里搞来这些的
Don't know where I dug it up in the first place.
- 不 不行 坚决不行 - 这是你的工作
- No, double no, fuck no‐‐ It's your job.
我们派你出去学习如何处理投资关系
We sent you on the road to learn investor relations.
结果发现我根本没那本事
Only to find I sucked at it.
为什么
Why?
太他妈伤感情了
Too fucking abrasive.
邦尼证明了她就是
While Bonnie may have proven herself
一温室里的花朵
something of a hothouse flower,
我却发现了一沙漠里顽强生长的肉质植物
I have the rugged areole of a desert succulent.
还有阿克斯资本里面
And an almost pornographic knowledge
各种见不得人的事
of all things Axe Capitale.
我要你稳住一位投资者
I need you to gentle down an investor.
她就是猛兽 你是这份工作的
She's a beast. You are the best choice
最佳人选 这是你的工作
for the job. It's what you do.
这是我们为梅斯资本做的事 而不是阿克斯资本
Well, it's what she does for Mase Cap, not Axe Cap.
据我所知 这里现在全都属于阿克斯资本
Last I checked, this all falls under Axe Cap.
据我所知 我们还是有一些自主♥权♥
Last I checked, we still had some sovereignty.
你不能随便征召我们的员工
You can't just conscript our officers.
如果你想借用劳伦
If you want to borrow Lauren,
应该先问问泰勒
you should talk to Taylor first.
- 你问了吗 - 没时间问
- Have you? - Didn't have time.
你有时间问阿克斯吗
Did you have time to talk to Axe?
公♥司♥有一个指挥系统
There is a chain of command.
你违反了这个系统
You're in violation.
你想让我在这里表态吗
This is where you want to make a stand?
此时此刻 就这件事吗
Here, now, over this?
每个侵害事件都需要解决处理
Every encroachment needs to be called out and dealt with.
听我说 如果有用的话
Look, I am willing to meet with this allocator
我愿意去和她见面
if that's going to be helpful‐‐
那么你要准备带她去哪儿
Where should I tell her you're taking her tonight?
鉴于她目前的做法
Given the moves she's already pulled,
她肯定不想美酒佳肴
she doesn't want the wine‐and‐dine
或者享乐
or the shot‐and‐grind.
明天 到办公室第一件事
Tomorrow, first thing in the office.
等我给她送去联合广场咖啡馆的咖啡
After I have Union Square Cafe ferry over
送一些特殊客房♥服务去她宾馆之后
some very special room service to her hotel.
每一年 迈克让我们聚集在这个炉火之前
Each year's Mike finds us here in front of the fire,
应对一个巨大的议题
tackling a big topic.
今天的议题是 是时候接受新资本了吗
This year's: Is it time for a new capitalism?
答案很简单 不
We can keep it short: No!
还有谁比鲍比·阿克斯罗德更直截了当呢
And who better to chop it up with than Bobby Axelrod?
说真的 鲍比 对于我们这些成功人士来说
Seriously, Bobby, isn't it incumbent upon us‐‐
不管以什么标准来衡量成功
those who've 'won' by any metric‐‐
难道我们不该承认 这一切不是光靠我们自己吗
to acknowledge that we didn't do it alone, and to‐‐
不是 我知道你想说什么
Yeah, no, I‐I‐I know what you say about
学习 收获 回馈社会什么的
learning and giving back and all the rest.
我相信你只是在说服自己
And I believe it's what you tell yourself.
可是我们认真看看
But if we look at it,
会发现事实根本不是这样 对吗
we see that it's not the whole truth. Is it?
我估计不是 阿克斯 那你说说是怎样的
I guess not, Axe. Tell us what is.
你想让我用一句话来概括吗
You want me to reduce it to one thing?
我可以的
I can.
这是关于被挑选
It's about being picked.
被孤立
Being singled out.
我们每个人都被孤立了
Every one of us has already been singled out.
正式来说 这赋予其权力
And this confers it, officially.
就如达沃斯论♥坛♥ 或者艾伦会议
Like Davos. Or the Allen conference.
要么你在太阳谷内 要么你就不存在
You're either in Sun Valley or you don't exist.
可是那里或者这里发生的事
But what goes on there, or here,
除了这地方就没什么意义了
doesn't matter beyond that, at all.
这跟会谈无关
It's not about the conversation.
重要的是邀请
It's about the invitation.
你的观点让我认真思考了你对交易的看法
This gives me remarkable insight into how you think about trades.
这都是事关底线
It's all bottom line.
可是万一我们当中有人不是这样吗
But what if some of us aren't like that?
迈克 需要动手时你绝对毫不手软 大家都知道的
Been known to throw an elbow or two when you need to, Mike.
没错 我是为了赢才出手的
Sure. When I compete I'm there to win.
可是我选择对手非常谨慎
But I choose my playing field carefully now.
只有实力相当的人才有资格与我交手
And always against opponents the same size as me.
大家在这里时 没人在赚钱
And no one's making money while they're here.
你瞧 这又是一个谬论
See, that's another canard.
这屋子里的每个人就算睡着了都在赚钱
Every single person in this room earns money while they sleep.
做梦的时候也赚 啪啪的时候也赚
While they dream. While they fuck.
老实说我承认 我已经很多年没有因为
I can honestly say I haven't accepted payment
啪啪而收钱了
for that particular act in years.
你想离开这里时比来这里时
Look, you want to leave here feeling better about yourself
自我感觉更好 就是这样
than when you came. That's it.
这不就是帮助别人的乐趣吗
Isn't that the benefit of helping others,
回馈社会的一点私心
the selfish part of giving back?
这有什么值得感到羞耻的
Why is that something to be ashamed of?
不羞耻 不过 这还不是全部
It's not. But still: not the whole thing.
你的人被困住了
Your man's getting boxed in.
不是这样 看着吧
No such box. Just you watch, Scoot.
你觉得我有什么好处
What do you think I get out of this?
这不是别人赋予我的地位 因为我是邀请大家的主人
剧集 | 亿万 | 导航列表