剧集 | 亿万 | 导航列表
沦落到二流预科学校
Ends up at a lower‐tier prep school
或者纽约军事学校
or New York Military Academy.
去科尔比而不是哈佛
Goes to Colby instead of Harvard.
这 也没什么丢人的
There's‐‐ There's no shame in that...
当然 除非这孩子
I mean, unless for the kid
14岁就想学小文克莱沃斯兄弟
who's going mini‐Winklevoss at 14‐‐
这就是他的目标
it's what he set his sights on.
那可就糟了
Then it's crushing.
也许他会为这个后果而责怪你
And maybe he blames you for the consequence.
然后他心里的那点仇恨
And that chip on his shoulder
等他28岁时就转变成酗酒问题
turns into a drinking problem by the time he's 28.
又或者他责怪自己
Or he blames himself,
接受这个后果
accepts the consequences,
自我价值感受到沉重打击
self‐worth gets dinged up pretty good‐‐
然后28岁时就演变成酗酒问题
And winds up with a drinking problem by the time he's 28.
还有你
And then there's you‐‐
不管你做什么决定 你能坚持到底吗
can you stay the course‐‐ with whatever you decide?
因为如果你后面再继续介入的话
Because if you dive in after him only sometimes,
他就不知道何时何地该去游泳 呼吸 甚至是信任
he won't know how or when to swim, or breathe, or trust.
要给严厉的爱就要坚持下去
It's got to be tough love all the way‐‐
这样可能结果不太坏
which could work out great,
他可能会成才
he could turn out great‐‐
又或者是永远地干预主义
or the interventionist approach forevermore.
那么问题来了
So the question is,
我有没有那勇气任由他放纵呢
do I have the stomach to let him dangle?
如果我有顶帽子 它应该在我手上
If I had a hat, it would be in hand‐‐
怎么 你想谈什么
Why? What do you want to discuss?
真希望我们不用在这里以这种方式讨论
I wish we didn't have to do this here.
我还希望你是完全不同的人呢
I wish you were a completely different man.
那个财务禁令
The financial restraining order
限制了你给自己买♥♥公♥寓♥
blocking you from getting your apartment
这个做法确实过火了
was...a bit of an overreach.
可我只是回应你的
But I was merely reacting to‐‐
我知道 我那篇公开申明
I know: my releasing the statement.
如果你不是止步不前的话
Which I wouldn't have done
我根本就不会去发表申明
if you hadn't dragged your goddamned feet.
要接受我们的状态 对我来说很难
I was having a hard time... accepting our status.
不过现在我接受了
But now I have.
因此说不定我可以撤销禁令的
So perhaps a pullback on the order is in line.
天呐
Oh, Christ.
你有求于我
You need something.
你不是来道歉的 你是来讨价还价
You're not apologizing, we're horse trading.
不用谈了
Out with it.
我绝不会把这当成是讨价还价
That's hardly the way I would characterize this.
好吧
Fine.
孩子们应该知道
The kids should know
在这种时刻 家庭依然很重要
that family is still important at a time like this.
所有的家庭
All family.
甚至包括那些新家庭
Even new family.
我想正式向罗克珊和威罗介绍
I want to formally introduce Kevin and Eva
凯文和伊娃
to Roxanne and Willow.
少来了
Come on.
你开什么玩笑
You got to be kidding me.
这是你那脑子进水的父亲出的主意吗
Was this your whacked‐out father's idea?
温迪
Wendy.
他是个改过自新的人
He is a changed individual.
这话连你自己都不信
You don't even believe that.
你要是知道我现在的信仰 一定会吃惊的
You'd be surprised at my current suite of beliefs.
其中一条就是 家庭的神圣原则不可侵犯
One of them being that there's value in the sanctity of family.
有时是吧
Sometimes.
我会放下武器
I'll lower my guns.
撤销资产临时限制令
Have the ATRO lifted.
你想买♥♥♥房♥♥子吗 没问题
You want to buy an apartment‐‐done.
你希望我怎么样
What would be expected?
只是让孩子认识他们的新亲戚
Just that the kids get to know their new relatives...
还有
Oh, and, uh,
你也要出席
that you be there too.
情况怎么样了 我一直给你发短♥信♥
Where are we at? I've been texting.
关机了
Oh. It's off.
我电♥话♥ 我关机了
My phone. I‐I turned it.
你是 醉了吗
Are you...drunk?
- 是的 - 我闻出来了
- I was‐‐ - I can smell it.
退休的上将都喝什么
What do retired admirals drink?
什么都喝 来者不拒
Anything they want, and a lot of it.
你搞定那个撤资转股了吗
Did you get into divestment?
搞定了
Yeah. It's done.
是吗 他同意了
It is? He agreed?
- 是的 - 怎么搞的
- He did‐‐ - But how?
因为这个胆小鬼的特长
Because this candy ass's specialty
就是让上将们像冰糖一样碎成渣渣
is making admirals crumble like rock candy.
不过回来的路上我想到一个主意
But an idea occurred on the way over.
他们放弃的一切
Everything that they're giving up.
我们可以拿现有条件
We can take the same position
直接去跟这些资金的撤资方
that we are unrolling the endowment from‐‐
那些石油大亨谈
get the oil companies to make a deal
可以避免撤资转股导致的
to stave off the publicity bloodletting
公共流血事件
that will come from the divestment.
我们自己去谈不牵连大学
And we can do it without implicating the University.
我们只需要经过大老板的同意
We just have to run the trade through the main house.
这违背了整件事的精神
It goes against the spirit of the entire thing.
违背了我们行业的交战规则
By the rules of engagement in our business
这是正确的举措
it's the right move.
不行 我们不是这样的人
It's a no. It's not who we are.
我不想成为这样的人
Or who I want to be.
你知道汉密尔顿那通电♥话♥吗
You know that line from Hamilton‐‐
你知道我全都知道
You know I know 'em all‐‐
他不停地拿走拿走再拿走
"He takes and he takes and he takes."
可能是亚历山大
It's about Alexander.
不过也可能是我们州长
But it might as well be about our governor.
不是吧
Oh no.
- 那笔资金 - 对
- The money? - Yeah.
多年的执业经验告诉我们
Best practices for years have been
总检察长可以使用和解费
that the AG gets to use settlement money.
可是州长却要收走我募集的资金
But the governor is claiming the funds I've gathered.
那我要怎么办
So I'm to what, uh,
黎明时分在泽西岛对岸跟他单挑吗
propose a duel at dawn across the river in Jersey?
- 你能吗 - 能就好了
- Can you? - Would that I could.
有变通方法吗
Is there a workaround?
我钻了空子
I drilled down.
在资金到账之前 这样他们就不能把钱拿走
Before the funds land with us, and so can be taken from us,
我们可以指派它们
we can designate them.
可我想要那笔钱
But I want 'em!
我们可以将它们指派给公益事业
We can designate them to a public good.
比如法学院诊所 指定用于特定项目
Like a law school clinic, earmarked to do certain work,
由特定的人来管理
run by a certain person.
耶鲁大学法学院
Yale Law.
我又可以回家了
I get to go home again.
而且这对我们都有好处
And make it work for us.
的确
You do.
干得漂亮 塞克尔
Nice job, Sacker.
当我切掉接头 你懂的
When I cut a joint, ya know?
噢 我懂
Ohh. I do.
先生 不好意思
Sir? Excuse me!
我们知道你偷偷将捐给体育部的钱
We know you've been siphoning from athletic donations
拿去给叙利亚难民发奖学金
to give scholarships to Syrian refugees.
你们董事会可不想看到这个
Your board's not gonna like that‐‐
我相信政♥府♥也不会高兴的
Yeah. And I'm certain the authorities won't either.
这就是你的计划吗 来敲诈我
Is this your plan? To blackmail me?
敲诈 不对 应该说曝光
Blackmail? Nah. The word is expose.
曝光什么
Expose what?
剧集 | 亿万 | 导航列表