剧集 | 别对我说谎(2009) | 导航列表
Okay.
好吧
How about the mouse study Ms. Ward keeps mentioning?
那沃德女士一直提到的老鼠实验呢?
There's nothing to it.
那和这个无关
No other Priox testing showed any side effects.
"普利克斯"的其他测试都没有显示有副作用
And all these labs are on the up-and-up, right?
那些实验室都是诚实可信的吧?
I am intimately involved with every one of those companies.
我与公♥司♥里的所有人的关系都很密切
I trust them all.
我完全信任他们
Oh, well, that's good.
那很不错
'Cause it's quite hard to find a company
如今这世道已经很难找到
one can trust these days, right?
一家能够信任的公♥司♥了吧?
So, she bit her lip every time I went at her.
我每次向她提问 她都会咬嘴唇
Incredibly anxious.
极其焦虑
I don't know how we missed it earlier.
真不明白我们早些时候为何没注意到
Well, lie detection's
侦破谎言的关键在于
all about asking the right questions.
问对问题
Shame.
真遗憾
They were paying top dollar, too.
他们也是为了利润
You calling reporters?
你打给记者吗?
No, made them up.
不 那是我编的
Uh, Vandeman will be trying to track them down,
不过万德曼得设法对付他们
which will buy us a little time.
这能给我们争取点时间
Time for what?
用来做什么?
Heidi? Yeah.
是海蒂吗? 是我
Can you make an appointment with,
能替我和食品药物管理局的
uh, Jim Gunderson of the FDA?
吉姆·甘德森预约一下吗?
Tell him it's urgent.
和他说是很紧急的事
Yeah, I'm on my way back.
我马上回来
It's mice, Cal.
不过是老鼠而已 卡尔
It's one study.
只是一个实验
Yeah, well, Vandeman's lying about the other tests.
但万德曼就其他实验也说了谎
Well, even if you're right,
即使你是对的
there's not enough here to pull Priox off the market.
这也不足以将所有的Priox从市场召回
I can start investigation, but I can't do more than that.
我能开展调查 但仅此而已
FDA investigations take months.
食品药物管理局的调查需要几个月
A lot of people could die, Jim.
会害死很多人的 吉姆
Well, if you can prove that Vandeman manipulated
只要你能证明万德曼捏造了
the Priox testing, I'll recall the drug immediately.
"普利克斯"的检测结果 我立刻召回那些药物
But without more hard data, my hands are tied.
但若没有确凿证据 我也无能为力
All right, well, uh,
那好吧
do you mind if I use your name?
你不介意我以你的名义
Throw it around, see if I can open a few doors?
去尝试下能不能有其他渠道吧
You should start with your friend Buchanan.
你应该从你朋友布克南身上入手
He was a driving force behind the drug's approval.
他是药物批准的幕后推动者
Buchanan pushed the drug? Yeah, I can show you
是布克南推动的? 没错 我可以给你看
about a dozen letters he submitted on behalf of Priox.
他为"普利克斯"递交的十二封信件
You do know he's on the Ribocore payroll?
你知道他受雇于Ribocore公♥司♥的吧?
He's not involved in this.
他和此事无关
Jeffrey encouraged me to come and talk to you.
杰弗里鼓动我来找你谈
I mean, he's as eager to get to the bottom of this as we are.
所以说 他和我们一样渴望弄清事实真♥相♥
"Jeffrey encouraged me to come see you?"
杰弗里鼓动我来找你谈?
All right, the walls at the FDA have ears.
行了 我们还在食品药物管理局呢 隔墙有耳
Yeah, well, then I'm sure they can tell you were lying, too.
这样我肯定他们也能看出你在撒谎了
Hey, if Jeffrey knew what was going on,
如果杰弗里知道事情真♥相♥
he'd have come to the FDA himself.
他就自己来找食品药物管理局了
The guy's on the payroll.
他受雇于那家公♥司♥
He pushed the drug through FDA approvals.
是他推动管理局批准那药物
You can't really believe that.
你不是说真的吧
You know...
要知道...
If it was someone in your family, all right,
如果换作是你的家人
how much proof would you need before you hung them out?
你要如何才能说服自己认定他们有罪?
I... Look, if Jeffrey
我... 听着 如果杰弗里
knows about Priox, he's going to jail,
知道内♥幕♥ 他就得去坐牢
but I'm gonna be damn sure before I send him there.
但我在这么做之前 必须完全确定才行
All right?
行了吗?
Okay. Good.
好吧 很好
I thought you said Peters was making the deal.
记得你说过皮特斯已经谈好条件了
Just because he's done doesn't mean we are.
这并不代表我们的工作完了
He's almost comical with the sound off.
没有声音的他看起来很滑稽
I'm trying to concentrate here.
我在努力集中精力
Well, he's got the best posture I've ever seen.
他是我见过的最会装腔作势的人
He looks like Mussolini.
看起来就像墨索里尼
He's trying to make himself look bigger.
他想让自己看起来更高大
Men, gorillas, blowfish.
人类 猩猩 河豚
You know, when they want to appear dominant
当他们想要使自己处于主导地位
they puff themselves up.
就会自我膨胀
This guy's definitely compensating for something.
那个人一定是想要弥补什么弱势
Maybe you're on to something.
也许你说得没错
Rafik really cares about appearances.
拉菲克非常在意外表
He wants to look like a leader.
他希望让自己看起来像一个领袖
That could be our leverage.
我们可以利用这一点
Hey, I thought I heard you come back in.
我想我听见你回来了
Where's Torres?
托勒斯呢?
I sent her off to talk to labs that tested Priox.
我让她去那些测试"普利克斯"的实验室调查了
You know, Jeffrey always loved the limelight.
要知道 杰弗里总爱成为众人焦点
Can't tell you how many times I'd come home,
记不清有多少次 我回到家
switch to the news, and there he is...
在我的客厅里看新闻
in my living room...
都能看到他
pushing some new drug or other.
推广一些新药或什么的
Cal...
卡尔...
Merry-go-round of government, business, and media.
忙着周♥旋♥政♥府♥ 生意和媒体
Enough money and fame to make heads spin, I suppose.
我想他应该是被财势冲昏头脑了吧
Do you really think Jeffrey's guilty?
你真♥相♥信杰弗里有罪吗?
I don't know.
我不知道
I don't know.
不知道
You know, when my mother died,
知道吗 我母亲去世时
Jeffrey took the train back to London with me.
杰弗里和我一起坐火车去伦敦
I'd only known him for about a month.
那时我只认识了他一个多月
But he skipped out of college and...
而他却逃了课
came with me just to keep me company.
和我在一起 好让我有个伴
So, honestly, I don't know.
所以 老实说 我真不知道
Hey, I've got something you should see.
我有些东西你得看看
So, I went to all six Priox testing labs.
我走遍了"普利克斯"的所有6个试验室
I didn't get anything until I talked
直到和对9000人进行试验的
to the researcher at the lab that did the 9,000-person study.
研究人员交谈后才发现端倪
He show signs of deception leakage?
他露出马脚了吗
Yeah, he looked like he was about to hurl, so, I came back
对 他看上去就要发火了 所以我回来
and pulled a video of Vandeman talking about that study.
调出了万德曼对那次研究的发言
Priox promises to help the millions living with diabetes.
"普利克斯"志在帮助无数糖尿病患者恢复健康
An intensive 9,000-person study...
全面的9000人试验...
Same lip bite.
又是抿嘴唇
She does it every time she talks about that study.
每次谈到这项研究她都如此
...And given the depth and the breadth
考虑到此次9000人试验
of this 9,000-person study....
的深度和广度
Just like today.
跟今天一样
She is totally freaked out.
她完全吓坏了
She's not the only one.
吓坏的可不止她一个
What? He's just staring at the floor.
怎么 他只是盯着地板
Yeah, watch.
对 看好
He looks at her when she's talking about the study
她谈论研究时 他望着她
And then catches her eye and then looks down and away.
目光接触之后 他就低头俯视
Signs of... Guilt.
这是... 内疚
Yeah.
没错
I'm sorry.
我很遗憾
Yeah, me, too.
我也是
Where did you dig this up?
你从哪儿找到这个的
I still remember you bounding into morning lab
我还记得你那时经常通宵打牌
straight from the poker tables, having hustled
赢个100磅之后
some jackass out of 100 pounds.
兴冲冲地跑去实验室
Seems like a thousand years ago.
这似乎都是几百年前的事了
Yeah. I could read you back then.
是啊 那时我一眼就能看出你在想什么
剧集 | 别对我说谎(2009) | 导航列表