I need you, Kurt, as my codirector.
科特 我需要你做我的联合教练
I need you here to keep me honest.
我需要你帮我保持坦诚
I... I think, because we're so close, we forget sometimes
也许是我们太亲密无间了 有时候会忘了
that we have different views of life, but they both work.
我们有不一样的看法 但它们都行得通
Did they really say that about me?
他们真是这样说我的吗
That I helped them?
说我帮了他们
It feels good, doesn't it?
感觉不错 对吧
Holy crap, we're teachers.
老天爷 我们居然当了老师
Well, I think, between the two of us,
三个臭皮匠
we make a pretty good one.
赛过诸葛亮
So, what do you say?
你觉得怎样
We do this together, changing the world?
我们一起携手 去改变世界
Deal?
拉钩
Deal. Deal.
拉钩 说好了
Uh, what's going on?
发生什么事
You guys said it was urgent?
是有什么要事吗
Uh, yes. Coach Beiste asked me to summon you.
是的 碧斯特教练让我叫你来
Have a seat.
坐吧
Shannon, proceed.
夏伦 开始吧
Um, you may have noticed
你也许也注意到了
that I've been acting sort of weird lately.
最近我表现有点奇怪
Yeah. Um, taking a lot of personal days and stuff.
是的 还老是请假
Well, the truth is, is... I've been seeing some doctors.
而事实是 我去看了医生
Okay, this is taking too long.
行了 长话短说
What Coach Beiste is trying to say is that she has cancer.
碧斯特教练想说她得了癌症
You have cancer?! No, I don't.
你得了癌症 我没有
What? Wait. So, you don't... you don't have cancer?
什么 等会 所以说你没得癌症
No, I told Sue that, but it was a lie.
没有 我跟她说的是谎话
What?! Wait. What's going... what's going on?
什么 等会 究竟怎么回事
This is an outrage.
简直不可理喻
You don't lie about having cancer
谁会拿癌症来开玩笑
unless you're trying to get out of jury duty,
除非你想逃避当陪审员的义务
or explain away a particularly bad haircut.
或是拿来解释剪了个特别丑的发型
This will explain everything.
这张纸会解释一切
It's a letter from my psychologist, Dr. Shane.
是我的心理师肖恩博士给我写的信
"It is my assessment
"经过我的评估
"That patient Shannon Beiste meets all the necessary criteria
患者夏伦·碧斯特符合性别焦虑症
"For a diagnosis of gender dysphoria,
的各项指标
DSM-5, code 302.85."
《精神疾病诊断与统计手册》第5版 代码302.85"
Holy mother of God.
我勒个去
Wait, I don't... I don't...
等会 我不太...
Yeah, what is that, that gender dys-what, uh?
我不太明白那个性别什么鬼
Well, pumpkin, it's where your outsides don't match
小子 就是说我外表是女娇娥
how you feel you are on the inside.
但内心却是男儿郎
This letter is my first step
这封信是我从法律上
into legally transitioning from a woman to a man.
从女人变成男人的第一步
When you think about it, it's not that big of a stretch.
其实你想想看 也没多大改变嘛
Okay, I don't... I don't get it.
好吧 我就不懂了
Okay, so, you're like a... you're like a lesbian?
你是女同志吗
Kiddo, this isn't about who I want to go to bed with.
小子 这跟我想跟谁上♥床♥无关
It's about who I want to go to bed as.
而是我想在床上充当什么角色
I've always been attracted to men,
我一直都喜欢男人
and... and they say that's not gonna change.
他们说这点无从改变
You're gonna be, like? You want to be a gay man?
你准备当个男同志
Wow, really thought I heard
还以为我已听遍了
of every conceivable version of a gay man coming out.
所有同志出柜的版本
I'm confused. I feel like I... This is coming out of nowhere.
我很困惑 感觉事出突然
Kiddo, I know this may seem sudden to you,
小子 对你来说可能感到很突然
but it doesn't to me.
但对我来说却不是
So, how long have you felt this way?
你有这种感觉多久了
I've felt like this my whole life.
我一辈子都是这种感觉
Growing up, I was... I was really confused.
成长之初 我也很困惑
I thought I was just a tomboy.
我以为自己只是个假小子
So, I got into sports, I started coaching football,
于是我开始练体育 做橄榄球教练
and I wrestled hogs in my free time,
业余时间跟猪摔跤
but no matter what I did,
但无论我做什么
I never felt at home in my own skin.
这副皮囊都令我感到不自在
I never felt like my body fit who I was on the inside.
我的身体无法与内心相契合
I don't hate being a woman,
我并不讨厌做个女人
and I don't regret the things I've been through,
也不后悔我所经历过的事情
because they've made me the person I am today.
因为正是那些经历成就了今天的我
A person strong enough to go through with this transition.
一个坚强到足以应对这次转变的人
I got to do it for my own peace of mind.
我要借此来获得内心的宁静
I got to get my body in alignment with how I see myself.
我要让我的身体符合我对自己的定位
I'm gonna need you to take over as coach
我下周开始做手术之后
when I start the procedures next week.
我需要你来接任教练
I'm gonna have surgery to have my breasts removed,
我要切除乳♥房♥♥
and then I'm gonna start taking testosterone.
然后开始注射睾丸素
Okay, I'm gonna stop you right there.
好了 不要再说了
Please spare us the details of the literal sausage-making.
拜托不要告诉我们你造香肠的细节
I just want to let you know,
我只想告诉你
should you choose to return to this school...
如果你愿意回本校执教
...your job will be waiting.
这个职位会为你留着
We got your back.
我们支持你
Thank you.
谢谢
Okay.
行了
I love you guys so much.
我好爱你们
Here you go-- strawberry milk shake, two straws.
二位请用 草莓奶昔 两根吸管
Thanks.
谢谢
The milk shakes at Fuddruckers are so much better.
福德洛克汉堡的奶昔比这好喝多了
Well, we're not allowed to go back to Fuddruckers, remember?
我们被福德洛克汉堡加入黑名单了 记得吗
The waitress was rude.
那个服务员好粗鲁
They're supposed to be rude. That's, like, their thing.
他们本来就该粗鲁 那是他们的特色
You can't just hit people, Becky.
你不能随便打人啊 贝基
Listen, Darrell,
听我说 达雷尔
it's really great having you here,
很高兴你能跟我在一起
but I haven't been completely honest with you,
但我没完全跟你说实话
and it's eating me up inside.
这让我内心备受煎熬
What is it?
什么事
First of all, I have Down syndrome.
首先 我患有唐氏综合症
Yes, I know.
我知道
Good.
很好
I also have to tell you that
我还要告诉你
I really wasn't the president of those clubs in high school.
我在高中不是那些社团的主席
And I can't sing.
我也不会唱歌♥
You know, I sort of suspected you were exaggerating a little bit
当你说你是98度合唱团的第五位成员时
when you said you were the fifth member of 98 Degrees.
我有点怀疑你略微夸大了事实
I mean, that's just something I looked up on my phone.
我就用手♥机♥查了一下
I shouldn't lie to you.
我不该对你撒谎
I wanted to impress you.
我想给你留下好印象
Becky, you don't have to impress me.
贝基 你不必给我留下好印象
I already like you, and I'll like you just the same
我已经很喜欢你了 无论你是不是
People think it's weird that I like you for whatever reason.
不知为什么 大家觉得我喜欢你很奇怪
There's gonna be a lot of outside pressure on us.
我们一定会背负许多外部压力
We have to know that, no matter what,
我们要知道 无论如何
we've got each other's backs.
我们都会互相扶持
It's just going to take me some time
我要慢慢才能习惯
to get used to a guy having my back.
有个男生来扶持我
Well, get used to it, Becky.
那就学着习惯吧 贝基
'Cause I've got it.
因为我会罩着你
It sounds like a plan.
这主意不错
Gross! This milk shake sucks!
真恶心 这奶昔难喝死了
Before we wrap things up,
在本周结束前
Kurt and I just wanted to say together
科特和我想对大家说
that we're very proud of you guys.
我们对你们感到骄傲
Although we've just begun to jell as a team,
虽然我们刚刚组团不久
we learned this week
但我们本周学到了
that two very different styles of teaching,
两种截然不同的指导方式
although may clash sometimes--
尽管有时会互相冲突
they yield very important lessons learned.
但却让大家学到了宝贵的经验
剧集 | 欢乐合唱团(2009) | 导航列表