and right now, i think that you should just go home,
现在 我认为你该打道回府了
and I'm gonna take it from here today.
今天剩下的事就由我来负责
Shannon, you and I need to have a frank discussion
夏伦 我需要和你来场心对心的交谈
about something that you might find uncomfortable.
内容也许会让你不舒服
However, I don't want you to grab me by the throat and crotch
但我可不想被你锁喉抓裆
and hurl me into that wall behind me...
然后一把扔进后面那堵墙里
...which I believe is well within your abilities.
我相信你有这个能耐
Sue, what do you want to talk about?
苏 你究竟要说什么
Well, I've been approached
学校里不止一人
by more than one individual at this school
因为关心你的健康问题
concerned about your well-being
向我反映了
upon observation of a sharp change in your behavior.
他们发现你生活习惯有些突变
And after two to three milliseconds of deep soul-searching,
在我深思两到三毫秒后
I decided to exercise my authority as principal
毅然决定行使我身为校长的权利
and rifle through all of your desk drawers.
翻查了你的抽屉
There I found several prescription medications,
然后我发现几份处方药物
among them GNRH,
其中有种"促♥性♥腺♥激♥素♥释放激素"
that Wikipedia tells me is a type of steroid
维♥基♥百♥科♥说这是一种类固醇
used for certain medical treatments.
专门用于医学治疗
So, Shannon, I'm going to ask you something,
所以夏伦 下面我问你一件事
and I need for you to answer me honestly.
希望你能诚实回答我
Coach Beiste,
碧斯特教练
do you have cancer?
你得了癌症吗
Yes.
是
I'm so sorry.
对不起
I-I know this is a huge inconvenience.
我知道这是很大的麻烦
Shannon, just stop stammering.
夏伦 快别在那结巴了
You know, you and I haven't always seen eye to eye.
一直以来 咱们谁看谁都不顺眼
And I'm not using that metaphor just because you look exactly
我用这个比喻 不仅是因为你和我脑海中
how I picture Greek mythology's legendary Cyclops.
希腊神话故事里的独眼巨人形象一模一样
I promise you, I'm going to do everything I can to help you.
我保证我会尽我所能帮助你
Sue, you don't have to.
苏 你没必要这样的
Everything.
倾尽我所能
Ok, don't worry. We'll give you a cue, okay, Becky?
别担心 我们会给你暗示的 贝基
And then just burst in like Mercedes.
像梅塞德斯一样燥起来
Okay, okay, I've got it.
好了好了 我懂了
I'm going to nail it. You are.
我会搞定的 相信你
**So far away*
*渐行渐远
**Doesn't anybody stay in one place anymore*
*为何不愿 留在爱人身边
**It would be so fine to see your face at my door*
*比邻之距 感觉多么棒啊
**Doesn't help to know*
*不用说你也懂
**You're just time away*
*时过境迁
**Long ago I reached for you and there you stood*
*曾经的你 身旁触手可及
**Holding you again could only (do me good)*
*再握你手 感觉多美妙啊
**How I wish I could*
*多想再靠近你
**But you're so far away*
*但你渐行渐远
**One more song about moving along the highway*
*世人颂唱 你要忘记过去
**I can't say much of anything that's new*
*陈词滥调 说得何其简单
**If I could only work this life out my way*
*如果生活 能是我所设想
Well, you really can't blame her for not joining in.
你真不能怪她不开口唱
These two were very pitchy.
谁让这两人跑调太严重
So, uh, let them work it out.
让他们自己处理吧
Hey, Becky.
贝基
What happened back there?
刚才怎么了
I couldn't do it.
我做不到
I told you I should have taken the Mercedes moment.
就跟你说了该让我唱梅赛德斯那段
Pretty sure that's not what she was talking about.
她说的肯定不是这事
As soon as I started singing,
只要我一开唱
Darrell was going to know
达雷尔立刻就会知道
that I was lying about being in Glee Club.
我参加过合唱团的事是瞎话了
What do you think he thinks now?
那你觉得现在他会怎么想呢
I think her plan is brilliant.
我觉得她的打算很棒
I always find that literally
我的经验告诉我
running away from my problems is usually my safest play.
逃避问题是最保险的做法
Look, we've all lied at the beginning of a relationship.
恋爱伊始我们都免不了会说谎
I told Finn that he was the father of my baby.
我就跟芬恩说过他是我孩子的父亲
I told Artie I had a stutter.
我跟阿蒂说我有口吃
I told everyone I was straight.
我还说我绝不是拉拉
I once told a guy I had three vaginas,
我曾经和一个小子说我有三个阴♥道♥
and he was pretty bummed when he found out I only had two.
他发现我只有两个的时候特别沮丧
The point being is that most people,
重点是大多数人
to get through that first getting-to-know-you phase,
在经过一开始相互了解的阶段后
do everything they can to make sure
便会为了让对方
the other person doesn't get to know them.
不了解自己而不择手段
At least not the real them.
至少不是真实的自己
Praise. Real relationship can't start till you
说得好 只有当你不再继续伪装成
stop being who you think the other person wants you to be
你以为对方想要的样子 无论如何 开心做自己
and just be yourself, come what may.
真正的恋爱才能开始
You guys know it's different for me.
你们明明知道这对我来说不一样
How often am I gonna get a chance
我等了多久才能碰上一个
to get a guy like Darrell?
像达雷尔的男生啊
I think he really likes you.
我觉得他是真的喜欢你
It's true. I see how he looks at you
没错 我瞧见你没看他的时候
when you're not looking.
他是如何深情望着你的
I wish a guy would look at me like that.
真希望也有人能这么望着我
I'm sorry. I can't hear you.
不好意思 我听不到你说话
I blocked your voice a few months ago
几个月前我就屏蔽了你的声音
because everything you say is depressing and about you.
谁让你负能量满溢又自我意识过剩
Okay, look, Becky,
好吧 贝基
how long are you gonna do this for?
你要这么做多久呢
You gonna lie to him your whole life?
你想对他说一辈子谎吗
That's what Sue said to do.
苏说过要我这么做
Sue also told us to be honest with you
苏也告诫过我们要对你坦诚相待
and treat you like we would treat anyone else,
不搞区别对待那一套
so let's just say it.
所以我们就直说了
You can't sing, you can't dance,
你唱也不行 跳也不行
and you weren't in any of those clubs,
你加入不了社团
because you're kind of lazy and pretty toxic to be around.
因为你是自带呆毒气场的那种人
You call people stupid bitches,
你骂人家蠢婊♥子♥
and get mad at xylophones.
还会对木琴发脾气
You're not really a catch, but...
你不是什么优质女友 但是...
you found this guy who digs you, and you dig him, too,
你发现有个男生喜欢你 而你也喜欢他
and finding someone to put up with you is rare, so...
而能容忍♥你的人太少了
I mean all of this in the nicest way.
我说那些话是出于好意
You have to take a chance that he likes you for real reasons,
你要试着相信他是真心喜欢你
and tell him the truth.
然后跟他说实话
And then your relationship can really start.
那样你们的感情才算开始
Thanks, guys.
谢谢你们
You're mostly super bitches,
尽管大多时候你们都是臭婊♥子♥
but you're pretty cool, too.
但你们确实也很够意思
No need to lecture me.
不用再对我说教了
I know I screwed up.
我知道自己搞砸了
I broke the cardinal rule of teaching,
我违反了教学的基本规则
leave your baggage at home.
把你的行李[心理负担]留在家里
Or at least check your baggage,
不过至少先检查你的行李
so the whole plane doesn't have to smell your stinky socks.
以免整架飞机都得闻你臭袜子的味道
Don't worry. We've all been there.
别担心 我们都经历过这些
Heartbreak poisons the brain.
我被分手的心痛烧坏了脑子
So I am grasping for control where it is not appropriate.
我不该老是想着要控制一切
I'm sorry. I was way out of line.
抱歉 我太过分了
You weren't. You were right.
没有 你是对的
Jane and Mason came to talk to me this morning.
珍跟麦森今早过来找我了
We've been watching YouTubes of the New Directions!
我们在油管上看了新航向乐团的
At regionals and nationals.
地区赛和全国赛
We want to be as good as you guys were.
我们也想变得跟你们一样棒
If we're going to do this, we want to be champions.
要做到那样 我们得拿下冠军
And that's not going to happen if you go easy on us.
要做到那样 你就不能对我们太宽容
Kurt was right. We didn't work hard enough on our number,
科特说得对 我们没对这首歌♥下够功夫
and we're going to need someone like Kurt
如果我们想做最好
being brutally honest with us if we want to be the best.
那就需要科特苛刻地实话实说
剧集 | 欢乐合唱团(2009) | 导航列表