剧集 | 江城警事(2015) | 导航列表
Now your job is to come up
是怎么编出个让陪审团相信
with a story for why a jury should believe
你们往熊熊烈火里扔衣服
that you throwing your clothes into a roaring fire
除了因为心虚 还有其它原因
could be anything other than an admission of guilt.
我猜你们的律师更推荐认罪协议
I suspect your lawyer will recommend a plea bargain.
这只是他的基本工作履历
Uh, this is just his basic service record--
日期 地点 我们只有这些
dates, locations-- I mean, that's really all we can get.
谢谢
Thanks.
那个...
So, um...
你这么急着去见谁
who have you been running off to see?
我...我是去面试
Okay, um, I've-I've been going to interviews.
没关系
That's cool.
那是说你要离开我们了吗
Well, does that, d-d-does that mean that you're gonna leave us?
不 不是工作面试
No. Not job interviews. Um...
在这工作激励了我
Working here has sort of inspired me
在执法机关发挥更大作用
to do more in law enforcement.
所以我申请了法学院
So I applied to law school.
什么
What?!
-考了法学院入学考试 -那真是...
- Took the LSATs. - Wow, that's...
太棒了 真不错
that's fantastic. Good for you.
-谢谢 -真好
- Oh, thanks. - Nice.
你为什么想看米尔特的履历
Why did you want to see Milt's record?
而且看一眼就放下了
And why did you only glance at it?
我只要证实一件事
Uh, I only needed to see one thing.
米尔特是03年11月进的联调局
Milt joined the FBI in November 2003,
在911事件过后两年多
more than two years after 9/11.
很重要吗
Is that significant?
对 有些原因
I mean, yeah, for a couple reasons.
首先是...
The first one being, um,
他比我会撒谎
he's a better liar than I am.
其次
And secondly...
他或许比我想的要有意思
he quite possibly could be more interesting than I thought.
霍莉
Hey, Holly...
巴特克里...没有法学院
There's no law schools... in Battle Creek.
我知道
I know.
麦克斯 唐娜让你和怀特霍尔先生
Max, there's a reason why Donna asked you
周二一起和她见面是有原因的
and Mr. Whitehall to both meet her on Tuesdays.
他是你的外公
That man was your grandfather.
他没准备好认你
And he wasn't ready to connect,
但她想让他见见你
but she wanted him to see you.
她的生活真的天翻地覆
She really had turned her life around.
唐娜的房♥东说她在存钱读大学
Donna's landlord said that she'd been saving for college.
但我们没找到任何宣传册和高考申请
But we couldn't find any brochures or S.A.T. applications
或者类似的东西
or anything like that.
我们觉得她不是为自己存的钱
We don't think that she was saving for herself.
我们觉得是为麦克斯
We think it was for Max.
天啊
Oh, God. Um...
谢谢
thank you.
-这很重要 -实际上 我觉得两千块
- This is huge. - Actually, I don't think the $2,000
不会对你们有多大影响
is really gonna make much of a difference to you guys.
似乎唐娜从没向怀特霍尔先生要过任何东西
It appears that Donna never asked for anything from Mr. Whitehall,
除了每周见他一面
except to be in his life a few hours a week.
但很显然怀特霍尔先生不是这么想的
But apparently Mr. Whitehall felt differently.
一旦刑事定罪结束
Once the criminal convictions are finalized,
麦克斯会成为他遗产的唯一继承人
Max here will be the sole legal heir of the gentleman's estate.
联调局的法务会计估算了下价值
The FBI forensic accounting people estimate its worth,
在支付完法律和公♥证♥费后
after legal and probate fees,
大约还剩四千两百万
to be approximately $42 million.
谢谢
Thank you.
谢谢
Thank you.
午餐我请
Hey, lunch is on me.
谢谢 伙计
Thanks, buddy.
知道吗 你的顽固让这孩子
You know what, your stubbornness just gave that kid
-前途光明 -未必
- a very bright future. - I doubt it.
这件案子能证明的 就是金钱腐蚀人心
'Cause one thing this case proves is that money corrupts.
所以 你觉得这是悲情结局咯
Oh, so for you, this is an unhappy ending?
我和你并肩走进夕阳 当然是
Well, I'm walking off into the sunset with you so... yeah.
错配搭档
第一季第四集
剧集 | 江城警事(2015) | 导航列表