OK, here's what we know.
好的,这些就是我们知道的
200 years ago, the Volians were a thriving urban civilisation,
300年前 瓦里恩是兴旺的城市文明
approximating turn- of- the- century North America in terms of technology.
近似于10世纪末20世纪初北美的技术水平
That wasn't very long ago. No, it wasn't.
那不是很久以前 不,不是
What happened to them? We know there was a flu pandemic,
他们发生什么? 我们知道有个全国流行的流感
like the one on Earth in 1918 that killed over 20 million.
就好像1918年发生在地球上的那场 死了200多万人
Now that is when the Aschen came. Through the Stargate?
然后爱辛就来了 通过星际之门?
In ships. The Volian gate wasn't discovered until years later.
是飞船 瓦里恩的门几年以后才发现的
They befriended the Volians, offered them a vaccine and saved their world.
他们帮助瓦里恩,给他们疫苗救了他们
So the Aschen were heroes to the Volians and their friendship lasted years.
那么爱辛是瓦里恩的英雄 他们的友谊延续了几年
But then something happened.
但是后来发生了一些事情
What? I don't know.
什么? 我不知道
We found no evidence of battle. I found one clue.
我们没有发现战争的痕迹 我找到一个线索
Here. This word loosely translates as "medicine", "vaccine", "drug",
这里这个词断断续续可以翻译为 "药""疫苗""毒品"
Followed by "from the newcomers",
接下来是"来自新人"
Followed by "causes", followed by some word I can't translate.
接下来是"导致" 接下来的东西我不能翻译了
This was the latest issue we found, which most likely indicates
这是我们发现的最近的组织,显示
the paper shut down or was shut down the very next day.
报社关闭了,或者被关闭了,几天以后
Vaccine causes what?
疫苗导致了什么?
I don't know. But it caused something.
我不知道,但是确实发生了事情
In 200 years, they went from an urban civilisation of millions
在200年里 他们从一个几百万人的城市
to an agrarian one of thousands, after they were "saved" by the Aschen.
变成几千个人的农业城市 在他们被爱辛救了以后
You have to speak to the president. I just tried.
你该和总统谈谈 我刚试过
He's being briefed by the ambassador and won't take my call.
他只简短的和大使说了下 而且不接我的电♥话♥
General, I never did cash in on that
将军,我从未乘机
open invitation to visit the White House.
去拜访白宫的
Remember? Last time we saved the world?
记得吗?我们上次拯救世界的事情?
Driver.
司机
Pennsylvania Avenue is that way.
宾夕发尼亚州朝那里走
We're picking up another passenger, sir.
我们收到另一个乘客,张光
I beg your pardon?
什么? 我不知道
Colonel Starsky.
斯坦奇上校
Or is it Hutch? I can never remember which one you are.
还是霍奇?我不记得你是谁了
Kinsey.
金赛
What the hell are you doing here?
你在这里干吗?
I know it's more upscale than you're used to,
我知道这比你以前质量号♥
but I wanted a comfortable place to talk.
但是我想要一个舒适的地方来谈话
Drink?
喝点什么?
I have an appointment.
我有个约会
No, you don't.
不,你没有
You shoulda heard the president when he heard you want to change his mind.
当他听到你想改变他主意的时候 你该听听总统的
He can be cruel. The treaty's a mistake.
他可以很残忍♥ 这个谈判是一个错误
You recommended it in the first place. I was wrong.
你是首先推荐的 我错了
Hell, this was worth it just to hear that.
该死,就只值得听听
Let me tell you what it comes down to.
让我告诉你这涉及到什么
Those of us who actually have been voted into office
实际上我们那些被选举进入军队的人
would like the opportunity
想要一个机会
to make the damn decisions about the governments we make treaties with.
来跟那些和我们谈判的政♥府♥ 作出什么该死的决定
You don't have all the information. I know all about the note.
你不完全了解情况 我知道那张字条的事情
That's why you should take it seriously.
那就是你该认真对待的原因
We have experts who know these things.
我们有知道这些事情的专家
They tell me that the ink on your note was
他们告诉我你的字条上的墨水是
a new biodegradable something- or- other that
一种新的能分解的东西
hasn't quite been invented yet.
现在还没有发明的
What's your point? What's the future like? You can tell me.
你要说什么? 未来是什么样子的?你可以告诉我
As far as I know, it hasn't happened yet. It has, for you.
我所知道的,就是那还没有发生 发生了,对你来说
Hell, you've been back in time, forward in time, you've seen it all.
该死,你及时回来了 及时的去将来,你全都看见了
I just wonder how things turn out.
我只想知道事情是怎么发生的
You know, without you being a hero any more.
你知道,当你不再是英雄了
This has nothing to do with me.
这和我没关系
I wonder how far you'd go to stop me
我想知道你要怎样
becoming president of the United States.
阻止我做美国的总统
You think this is about you?
你觉得是关于你的?
Of all the self centred, egotistical... Egotistical?
全部的本质,自我本位主义... 自我本位?
You're the one who can't stop playing God with our future.
你是那个 不能阻止我们和将来的上帝一起玩的人
The minute we try to make a deal for alien technology,
现在我们向处理一些外星人的技术
you decide that they're the wrong kind of aliens!
你决定他们是错误的外星人
Even our current president's begun to see the pattern.
即使我们现在的总统已经开始看样本了
And, boy, he used to love you.
孩子,他以前喜欢你
We know all about the 70 per cent probabilities, the one- in- four chances.
我们都知道那70%的可能性 1/4的机会
Kinsey... you're in way over your head.
金赛...你知道自己在说什么吗?
Am I?
我?
This is really a political matter,
这真的是一个政♥治♥问题
Colonel, which will require bilateral approval.
上校,那需要双方的承认
And that's why the president put me in charge
那就是总统叫我
of the next stage of negotiations.
去做下一步的谈判的原因
Driver, stop at the athletic club, please.
四级,在田径员俱乐部听成
Oh, you'll get your invitation to the White House soon enough, Colonel.
哦,你很快就会接到白宫的邀请函了 上校
Just not tonight.
只要不是今晚
Jonathan, when we get to the athletic club, I'll step out.
琼汉,当我们到那个俱乐部的时候 我要出去
You go on and take our guest back to Andrews.
你继续带我们的客人会安德鲁斯家
Apparently, we have agreed to make a token gesture of our good faith.
很明显 我们同意做一个我们信仰的象征性的手势
Ambassador Faxon will deliver it
法克松大使会传递的
and return with an Aschen delegation to meet Senator Kinsey.
回到爱辛代表团见金赛议员
We're actually going ahead with this?
我们真的要这样?
I'm told we're proceeding with caution. What are we offering?
我被告知我们要继续 我们提供什么?
Gate coordinates. There goes the neighbourhood.
门的匹配物 那是邻居
Ambassador Faxon has asked that
法克松大使文了
Colonel O'Neill and Major Carter accompany him again.
欧尼尔上校和卡特上尉再次协助他
I thought we were out of it. Apparently, he's insisted.
我想我们结束了 很明显,他坚持的
Senator Kinsey agreed, but only to Major Carter,
金赛议员同意,但只是卡特上尉
which presents us with a window of opportunity.
他给了我们一个机会
What can I do? Force their hand somehow.
我能做什么? 强迫他们支持
If we accuse them directly, they may simply lie.
如果我们直接谴责他们 他们会说谎的
Maybe we don't have to. I have an idea.
可能我们不需要,我有个主意
Major, I can't order you to do this.
上尉,我不能命令你这么做
I know, sir. When do we leave?
我知道,长官,我们什么时候离开?
Chevron one, encoded. Historic day, General.
1队,编码 历史性的一天,将军
Let's hope so, Senator. I was referring to your retirement.
希望如此,议员 我是在说你的退休
Chevron two, encoded.
2队,编码
Ambassador. Major. Is that what you're wearing?
大使 上尉,你穿这样?
Sir, I have a lot to tell you, and not a lot of time.
长官,我有很多要和你说的 但不是有很多时间
So, please, listen carefully. All right.
请仔细听着 好的
Mollem, Borren. Ambassador, Major Carter.
莫恩,波恩 大使,卡特上尉
Colonel O'Neill is not here? Duties require him elsewhere.
欧尼尔上校不在这里? 责任要求他在别的地方
Of course. It is my pleasure to offer a gesture.
当然了 我给高兴做一个表示
Coordinates and Stargate symbols to several new worlds.
星际之门象征去很多新的世界
It is our honour to receive such a gift.
很荣幸得到这样的礼物
The coordinates are on the hard drive in the laptop.
条件正在手提电脑上进行
It'll just take a moment to display.
只要一会就能呈现了
Our leaders would also like to extend an invitation
我们的领导也想扩大访问去地球
to Earth to formalise our treaty.
通过我们的谈判
All in time.
都很及时
By the way, Borren. Would you read this aloud for me?
还有,波恩,你能大声读出来吗?
I couldn't quite translate it. Of course.
我不能翻译出来 当然了
"Sterility. "
"无菌状态"
We knew what you were planning, Mollem. This just confirms it.
我们知道你们在计划什么,莫恩 这刚刚确定了
What are you talking about?
你在说什么?
"Vaccine Causes Sterility. " That was the headline.
"疫苗倒是了无菌状态" 那是标题
You wiped out most of the Volians
你杀了大部分的瓦里恩人
and turned their entire world into farmland.
把他们的世界变成了农田
You'd do the same to Earth.
你会对地球做同样的事情的
Lock them in here. We have a treaty to conclude.
把他们锁在这里,我们我中止谈判
If we don't come back alive, the treaty is off.
如果我们不能活着回去,谈判就结束了
That'll be your loss. We have what we wanted.
那就会是你的损失,我们有我们想要的
I'm sorry.
对不起
What do you think they'll do? I don't know.
你觉得他们会做什么? 我不知道
O'Neill sent the note to prevent this from happening.
欧尼尔送了字条来阻止这个发生
We were so sure.
我们非常确定
Listen.
听着
剧集 | 星际之门 SG-1(1997) | 导航列表