As Freyr explained,
正如索解释的
we are unable to assist you in this matter, O'Neill.
我们不能在这件事上帮助你,欧尼尔
Though your actions were unintentional,
尽管你们的行为不是故意的
it will mean the K'Tau people will perish.
这仍然意味着科陶的百姓将死亡
Hey! This is not entirely our fault.
嗨! 这不全是我们的错误
I mean, you could have warned us
我的意思是 你可以警告我们
about this crazy gate- through- the- sun thing.
关于这个疯狂的事情
You could have given us a list of all the planets that are off limits.
你可以给我们一张 所有禁止进入的星球的列表
Both points are true.
两点都是真的
However, neither is reason enough to interfere.
然而,没有一个是干扰的充分理由
You're interfering right now!
你现在正在干扰!
These people think you're their gods!
这些人们认为你是他们的神!
You're not the Goa'ulds,
你不是勾阿呜
but you're still pretending to be something you're not.
但你仍然假装你不是的那些东西
You are correct.
你是对的
However, when we saved these people from the Goa'uld,
但是,当我们把这些人们 从勾阿呜中解救出来
they were not ready to have their beliefs completely stripped away.
他们还没有准备好全部去除他们的信仰
In time, when they are ready, the K'Tau will learn the truth.
一旦他们准备好了,科陶就会知道真♥相♥
Yeah, see... there's the snag.
对,看到了 .这里有障碍
They won't. They'll be dead.
他们不会.他们会死
I don't get it. You obviously saved them once.
我不明白.你显然救过他们一次
Why not this time?
为什么这次不呢?
It is not that simple. Yes, it is!
不是那么简单的. 就是这么简单!
You've got the technology, don't you? Yes.
你已经有了技术,对吗? 对
OK. Fine.
好
We made a mistake, a big mistake.
我们犯错了,一个大错误
And we're very sorry.
我们很抱歉
But we also saved your little grey butts from the replicators,
但我们也同样救了你的一点小笑柄
and now we want your help.
现在我们需要你的帮助
I'm not asking you to change the course of their cultural development.
我不是要求你改变 他们文明发展的进程
Just fix the damn sun!
只是处理坏掉的太阳!
No one'll know. We won't tell.
没有人会知道.我们也不会说
Unfortunately, we cannot.
不幸的是,我们不能
OK. At the risk of sounding like the petulant inferior race, why not?
好.冒着听起来像脾气暴躁的下 等民族的危险,为什么不?
"Little grey butts. " Yeah.
小小的灰色笑柄, 对
It would be in violation of our treaty with the Goa'uld.
这会成为我们和勾阿呜条约的侵犯
What?
什么?
The treaty states that the people of a planet categorised as "protected"
条约规定被分类为"保护的"星球的人们
will be free from Goa'uld domination.
会不受勾阿呜的统治
However, subsection 42 states that the people on those planets
但是,42分段宣称这些星球上的人♥民♥
cannot be artificially advanced through Asgard technological means.
不能被仙宫的科技方式人工提高
Using our technology to prevent a natural disaster
用我们的科技防止一种自然灾害
would be a violation of that order
会是对秩序的破坏
and would nullify the treaty as a whole.
并且会让条约作为一个整体而失效
The Goa'uld would be free to invade any of the protected planets,
勾阿呜会自♥由♥入侵那些被保护的星球
including Earth.
包括地球
Oh.
哦
You sure? Yes.
你确定? 对
The war with the replicators wages on here in our galaxy.
和复♥制♥者的战争在我们的银河系发动
We do not have the forces to defend every planet covered under the treaty.
在条约下我们没有武力保卫每一个星球
You would be vulnerable to Goa'uld attack.
你会容易受到勾阿呜的攻击
OK. What if I were to say we're willing to take the risk?
好.如果我说我们愿意承担风险呢?
Even if you could make that decision on behalf of your planet,
即使你可以代表你的星球作决定
you cannot make it for every other planet that would be affected.
你不能代表每一个会受到攻击的星球
I suppose not.
我想不能
We are all greatly disturbed that this disaster cannot be averted.
我们被这场灾难不可转移而大大搅乱了
We wish there was a way.
我们希望有解决方法
Well, they're not dead yet. Maybe there is.
对,他们还没死.也许会有
If that is the case, the solution will be up to you.
如果是那样,解决方法将取决于你
Fine.
好
That went well.
那很好
Sir, I've been thinking. I'd be shocked if you ever stopped.
长官,我一直在想 如果你曾停过,我会惊讶的
Here.
这里
OK.
好
Let's say these are the unstable plutonium molecules
我们说这些不稳定的钸分子
that are poisoning the sun.
在毒害太阳
OK.
对
What if these are molecules of a more stable superheavy element?
那么如果这些分子式 更稳定的超重元素呢?
Say, something with an atomic weight above 200.
也就是某些原子量约为200
Sure. I can think of a few. They don't occur in nature, not on Earth.
当然,我能想出一些 他们不自然存在,不在地球上
But I've read about such elements
但我读过这些元素
being created in supercolliders - in theory.
存在于超碰撞状态下 理论上的
You realise you're mixing your apples and your...
你明白你在混淆你的苹果和你的
Now, if we could introduce these stable superheavies into the K'Tau sun,
现在,如果我们引入这些 稳定的超重元素到科陶的太阳
they would bind with the plutonium molecules, rendering them inert.
它们会合钸分子混合 让它们变成惰性
The sun could then be restored to its normal nuclear reaction.
那么太阳就会被恢复到 正常的核反应状态
How about that?
如何?
Well, this is all very theoretical, sir.
这都是非常理论化的,长官
I have great confidence in you, Carter.
我对你非常有信心,卡特
Go on back to the SGC and... confuse Hammond.
回到星门指挥部并且 向哈蒙德报告
Yes, sir.
是,长官
A rocket?
一艘火箭?
With a payload of the superheavy element.
携带超重元素的有效负荷
We send it in stages through the Stargate to K'Tau and assemble it there.
我们将它分阶段发射通过星际之门 去科陶并且聚集在那里
When it's complete, we launch it into their sun.
完整以后我们把它投放到他们的太阳
Will it get there in time?
它会及时到达?
We have three months before the plutonium reaction becomes irreversible.
在钸元素反应变得 不可逆转前我们有三个月
If we can launch inside three weeks, we'll just make it.
如果我们可以三周内着陆 我们就能成功
Any other options?
没有别的选择?
The other option turned out to be a one- in- a- million shot, sir.
别的选择证明是百万分之一的,长官
The rocket gives us better than 50- 50 odds.
火箭让我们比五五开要好
Rockets don't exactly grow on trees. I know that, sir.
火箭不会长在树上. 我知道,长官
However, the air force is currently preparing a launch from Vandenberg.
但是,空军正在准备从范登堡登陆
Do you realise how much has been invested in that project?
你知道那个项目投资了多少吗?
I'm aware of that, sir. It's hard to put a price on the K'Tau people.
我知道,长官 这很难给科陶的人♥民♥标价
Colonel.
上校
Shouldn't you be off inciting a mob? Look at the sky.
你不应该不煽动乌合之众? 看看天空
Ragnarok grows ever closer. Your machine does nothing.
世界毁灭越来越近 你的机器什么都不做
It's a rocket.
这是一个火箭
It won't work until we launch it. We can't launch it until we build it.
它不会工作直到我们投放 我们建好以前不能投放
Time still remains before the sun does permanent damage to your world.
在太阳对你们的世界 造成永久伤害前仍有时间
All they have done is bring more outsiders.
他们所作的只是带来更多的外来者
You have to be patient.
你必须有耐心
The problem grows ever worse as long as you are here.
你到这里后问题变得越来越严重
If you can't see that the gods wish you to leave,
如果你不明白神希望你离开
we will be forced to make it clear.
我们被迫明确这一点
Malchus, this is not the way of the K'Tau.
马尔库斯,这不是科陶的方式.
If the gods did not want them here, they wouldn't be here.
如果神不要他们在这里,他们不会在这里
If their presence is truly part of a test,
如果他们的出现真的是测试的一部分
then we have failed... miserably.
那么我们就失败了 悲惨的
General, we're ahead of schedule.
将军,我们领先日程表
This should be the last shipment of parts.
这应该是最后的零件出货
Any word yet on the HU- 2340?
HU-2340上有什么文字?
Quite frankly, I never expected it to be easier to get the rocket.
非常坦白的说 我从不指望这比弄到一个火箭更容易
Sir, without the superheavy element,
长官,没有超重元素
it will have been a giant waste of time.
它会是一个巨大的时间浪费
Don't worry, Major.
别着急,少校
Dr MacLaren.
麦克拉伦博士
Very impressive operation you've got here.
你们在这里进行非常印象深刻的运作
I hope you consider yourself lucky, Major.
我希望你考虑自己的幸运,少校
Dr MacLaren finally decided a peek at the SGC was worth the exchange.
麦克拉伦博士决定 看一眼星门指挥部是值得的交易
It took me five years to make that much HU- 2340.
我花了5年时间在HU-2340上
Well, maybe one day you'll be able to visit the planet
好,也许有一天你能够访问
that your Maclarium is saving.
你的麦克伦拯救的星球
Did you say Maclarium?
你说麦克伦?
Sounds like a good name to me.
听起来是个好名字
I'll use it in my official report to the Pentagon.
我会在对五角大楼的正式报告中用到它
I don't wanna be in your way. You've obviously got a job to do here.
我不想打扰你 你很明显在这里得到一个工作
Good luck, Major. Thank you, Doctor.
好运,少校. 谢谢,博士
That's the last of it, sir. We've got everything we need.
这是最后一个,长官 我们已经得到需要的所有东西
剧集 | 星际之门 SG-1(1997) | 导航列表