hired that trucker to do their dirty work
然后再把他除掉
and then disposed of him.
你难道不想逮到那些混♥蛋♥吗
Don't you want to nail those bastards?
我当然想
Yeah. Of course I do.
但是你有证据可以证明这一点吗
But do you have any evidence to prove that?
比尔·吉普森把自己炸死了
Bill Gibson blew himself up
因为康索沃工程公♥司♥
because Conservo Solutions
夺走了他的一切
took everything away from him.
他们夺走了他的农场
They took his ranch.
他的健康 还有他妻子的性命
They took his health. They took his wife.
那里还有成百上千个比尔·吉普森
And there's hundreds of Bill Gibsons out there.
凯萨琳 你是罪案现场调查员
Catherine, you're a crime scene investigator,
不是《永不妥协》里的女主角
not Erin Brockovich.
那肇事逃逸案呢
What about the hit and run?
继续调查
Keep the case open,
有发现就通知我
and let me know if anything else turns up.
"液体爆♥炸♥"是"水力压裂"的工业用语
"Fracking" is industry slang for "Hydraulic fracturing."
康索沃就是用这种方法来钻取天然气的
It's the method that Conservo's uses to drill for natural gas.
回答正确
You get a gold star.
谢谢
Thank you.
沃尔特·伯恩斯闯入康索沃的钻井区
Walter Burns busted into Conservo's well site
去偷取蒸发池的水样
to steal a sample from the evaporation pool.
那就是你的谜题所缺的最后一块
That was the missing piece of your puzzle.
我试图说服沃尔特不要那么做
I tried to talk Walter out of it.
我跟他说我有更好的办法
I told him I had a better way--
我说我内部有人 可以帮我拿到公♥司♥文件
an insider who was going to give me corporate documents.
证明康索沃明知他们在污染水源
Proof that Conservo knew they were polluting the water
却仍选择掩盖真♥相♥
and they chose to cover it up.
但是沃尔特没听你劝
And Walter didn't listen.
理查德·亚当斯在把文件给你之前被杀了
Richard Adams got himself killed before he could deliver.
我缠了理查德好几个月了
I worked Richard for months.
他就是那个去农场考察的人
He was the one going to those ranches.
他是第一个看到人们在垂死挣扎的人
He was the first to see people were dying.
小口呼吸 别太用力
Short, controlled breaths.
就这样 就这样
That's it. That's it.
我以为我可以及时将康索沃的恶行曝光
I thought I could expose Conservo before it was too late.
我相信一个人也能改变世界
I believed that stuff about "One person can change the world".
也许是我错了
Maybe I was wrong.
我不会罢休的
I'm not going to quit.
那你现在能做些什么
So what can you do now?
公布我所掌握的资料
Publish what I have.
罗莎琳德 你掌握的那些只能算是轶事
Rosalind, all you have are anecdotal accounts.
如果你没有真凭实据就公布的话
If you publish without the hard evidence to back it up,
康索沃会毁掉你的
Conservo will bury you.
他们会关掉你的报馆
They will shut your newspaper down.
他们是会这么做
They will try.
他们就是这样赢的
That's how they win.
靠恐吓别人
By threatening people.
或是花钱让他们守密
Or buying their silence.
人们的恐惧就是他们最强的武器
Fear is their biggest weapon.
但是 好笑的是
But...funny thing is,
我再也不怕了
I'm not afraid anymore.
也许是因为我已经行将就木了
Guess it's 'cause I don't have much to lose.
我有个朋友也许可以帮你
I have a friend who may be able to help you.
她正在做一个临床试验
She's starting a clinical trial.
给你留了个位置
Holding a slot open for you.
至少让我略尽微薄之力
Least I could do.
剧集 | 犯罪现场调查(2000) | 导航列表