You thought it was safe to use his name.
多好的名字啊
Good name.
不像自己的本名那样留有案底
Not in the system, like yours.
我们
We, uh...
还查了你的电♥话♥记录
searched your phone records.
你的已接来电
You received calls
多是来自新墨西哥盖洛普的一个付费电♥话♥
from a prepaid cell, in Gallup, New Mexico.
我可以想象得出
I-I can just imagine, you know,
真正的拉里看着看着电视
the real Larry, you know, watching TV,
却看到有个小子用他的名字赚钱
and seeing some geezer making money off his name.
于是他跑上网
So he gets on the Internet,
稍稍查了一下
does a little search
当红总裁的个人资料
of the profiles of big-time CEOs,
结果弹出了你的照片
and then up pops a picture: You.
拉里打给你 要你为"求心安"出个价
Larry called you up, offered you "peace of mind" for a price.
但你不买♥♥他账
But you don't pay retail,
所以让朱利叶斯·卡普兰把他干掉
so you get Julius Kaplan to get you a discount.
而朱利叶斯当然只有死路一条
Which only leaves one loose end.
给你
Here you go.
我没杀人
I didn't kill anyone.
拉里说要5百万美金
Larry said he wanted five million dollars.
没错 我们以前的确是同伙
Yeah, yeah, we were partners back in the day.
但到头来我发现
Hell, I figured after all that time,
是我亏欠了他
I mean, I... I owed him.
所以我给了他钱
So I gave him the money.
我让朱利叶斯把钱给他
I instructed Julius to deliver the cash.
那之后的事
After that, well...
你们也知道经过了
I think we all know what happened.
是啊 人总是将过错推给死人
Yeah, everybody always blames the dead guy.
我早已不是当年的小混混
I'm not the same guy in that alley.
我脱胎换骨了
Not anymore.
浪子是可以回头的
A man can change.
再说了 那把枪
As far as that gun goes,
它根本证明不了什么
that doesn't prove anything.
我有员工
I got workers.
我家整天都有人进进出出
I got people coming in and out of that house all day long.
说回六年前的枪击案
And as far as six years ago goes,
我的律师告诉我 在内华达州
my attorney informs me that, in the state of Nevada,
法令规定袭击他人的诉讼期限
the statute of limitations on assault,
哪怕是持枪袭击 也只是两年
even with a gun, is two years.
对 我向拉里·拉莫特开枪了
Yeah, I shot Larry LaMotte.
盗了他的名字 留他在那等死
I stole his name. I left him for dead.
但我只杀过他一次
But I only killed him once.
我和银行核对过
I checked with the bank.
至少对于付钱一事他没有说谎
Arlo may be telling the truth, at least about one thing.
他四天前提了5百万现金
He made a withdrawal four days ago, five million in cash.
慢着 你认为他真想偿还拉里本人
So, what, you think he's trying to pay off the real Larry?
不无可能
Oh, it's possible.
也许朱利叶斯少爷想出了新菜谱
Maybe "Julius Child" went off recipe
碎了真正的拉里 将5百万据为己有
and whacked the real Larry to keep the five mill for himself.
这也使得阿尔洛具有杀人动机
It would give Arlo motive to kill him.
他想把钱拿回来
He wanted his money back.
但问题是 我们搜查了阿尔洛的家
Well, one problem: We searched Arlo's house,
朱利叶斯的家和ID卫士公♥司♥
Julius's house, I.D.-Preserve.
却不见5百万的踪影
Where's the five million?
嘿 凯
Oh, hey, Cath...
我有发现
I got something.
我用数字均帧法
I used Digital Frame Averaging
处理了从朱利叶斯·卡普兰家
to process the surveillance footage
对面的邻居那里拿到的
we got from the neighbor across the street
监控录像
from Julius Kaplan's house.
得到部分车牌的画面
Program got us a partial plate.
车是一个叫李·迪维瑞的男人
Car was rented two days ago
在两天前租的
by one Mr. Lee Devries.
这就是那个开着卡车
That's the guy that drove his truck
撞烂ID卫士窗户的人
through the window of I.D-Preserve.
看来他拿回部分损失了
Guess he got a little payback.
布拉斯派人去了李·迪维瑞的家 但他不在
Brass sent units to Lee Devries' place. He wasn't there.
他也没去上班
He didn't show up for work, either.
邻居说他到亨德森探望
The neighbor said that he was visiting
他的女友去了
his girlfriend in Henderson.
如果他手上有五百万美金的话
Well, if he's got a briefcase with five million dollars in it,
他肯定是往墨西哥跑了
he's heading to Mexico.
我是兰斯顿 好的 吉姆
Langston. Yeah, Jim.
巡警刚刚发现了迪维瑞租来的车
A patrol just spotted Devries' rental car.
正往南开吗
Heading south?
知道了
Got it.
李·迪维瑞 拉斯维加斯警局
Lee Devries! Las Vegas Police!
迪维瑞 下车
Devries, get out of the car!
离车远一点
Step away from the car.
俗语有云
Information is currency.
信息就是金钱
That's what they say.
你还真把信息换成了流通的美钞
And you turned it into cold, hard cash.
你是个无所不知的行政助理
The all-knowing executive assistant.
你知道每通电♥话♥
Knows every phone call,
每个会议 每封电邮的内容
every meeting, every e-mail,
和你老板的生活点滴
every intimate detail of the boss's life.
你知道真正的拉里是谁
You knew the real Larry.
你也知道勒索的事
You knew about the blackmail.
你知道你老板取了五百万美金
You knew about your boss withdrawing five million bucks.
你甚至知道
You even knew
朱利叶斯少爷和他那套厨房♥把戏
about "Julius Child" and his skills in the kitchen.
你逮到一个等价交换的机会
Saw an opportunity for a little quid pro quo.
可问题就在于
The thing about the "quo" is,
还有人要跟你分享成果
it's a lot sweeter when you don't have to share.
他是头猪
He was a pig.
就跟我老板一样
Just like my boss.
等价交换这件事早就开始了
And the "quid pro quo" started a long time ago.
只不过那时候 我是为了保住工作
Except then, it was about holding on to my job.
亲爱的 给我去买♥♥杯咖啡好吗
"Honey, can you grab me a cup of coffee"?
亲爱的 去帮我取干洗的衣服吧
"Honey, can you pick up my dry cleaning"?
宝贝儿
"Sweetheart,
你今晚到我家来吧
"can you come by my place tonight?
我有点事要你帮忙
I need a little help with something."
你用的是你老板的枪
You used your boss's gun.
我们跟李·迪维瑞谈过了
We spoke with Lee Devries.
他证实有人动过他的账户
He confirms someone accessed one of his accounts.
你用他的身份租了逃逸车辆
You used his identity to rent a getaway car
还准备把车扔在边境上
that you planned to dump at the border.
五百万美金不见了
And with five million dollars missing, well...
我们很自然会去找迪维瑞而不是你
naturally, we'd be looking for Devries and not for you.
多亏了ID卫士
And thanks to I.D-Preserve,
你弄到了他所有的信♥用♥卡♥信息
you had all his credit card information.
小菜一碟
Easy peasy.
正如你说的
Like you said,
我了解我老板的每个生活细节
I know every detail about my boss' life.
还有他的生意细节
His business, too.
他毁了很多人的生活
He ruined a lot of lives.
很多信任他的人的生活 像是迪维瑞
People who trusted him, like Devries.
我这么做
A little justice
也算是为那些人讨回了点正义
for all of them has got to be worth something.
信息就是金钱 不就是吗
Information's currency, right?
伊莱恩·特拉弗斯以供出她老板求情
Elaine Travers pled out, gave up her boss.
他骗了那么多的客户
With all those defrauded clients,
这可是一千倍的身份盗窃罪
he's looking at identity theft times a thousand.
不管他是叫拉里 阿尔洛还是别的
Larry Arlo, whoever the hell he is,
未来十二年
he's not going to be getting
他都不会有机会心安
much peace of mind over the next 12 years.
他的同室狱友最好管住自己的身份
His fellow inmates better keep their hands in their pockets.
你要下班了吗
Hey, you out of here?
是的 我想去喝几杯啤酒
剧集 | 犯罪现场调查(2000) | 导航列表