Uh, well, what did you mean then?
那你这么说是什么意思
I think the apology is enough.
我觉得她的道歉已经足够了
I meant that it is extremely difficult to write a cogent novel
我是说想要写出一部现实与科幻元素相结合
that mixes fact with fiction in a way that captures
来抓人眼球又具备说服力的小说
a reader's attention.
是非常困难的
And are you implying that I don't?
你的意思是我写不出来了
Because I have three best-selling books that say otherwise.
我有三部畅销书证明恰好相反
And I have six. But that's not the point.
我有六部 但那不是重点
Hemingway said that we are all apprentices
海明威曾说过写作是一个
in a craft where no one ever becomes a master.
只能当学徒却永远成不了大♥师♥的行业
Excellent. Excellent. Um, uh, Tess, um,
说得真好 真好 泰丝
how did you come up with the plot of your newest book?
你是如何构思出新书情节的呢
The idea came to me last summer, when I was in Wales.
去年夏天 我在威尔士时突然有了灵感
Oh.
噢
"Oh"?
"噢"
I thought it came to you
我以为你是在阅读
while reading the Murder of Roger Ackroyd,
阿加莎·克里斯蒂的
by Agatha Christie.
《罗杰疑案》时产生的灵感
It's one of my favorites, too.
这也是我的最爱之一
My readers love the book.
我的读者都喜欢这本书
Roger Ackroyd or yours?
你是指《罗杰疑案》还是说你自己的书
Uh, one more question, Ms. Brown...
再问一个问题 布朗女士
I'm reminded of a quote by Ray Bradbury, who said,
这令我想起了雷·布莱伯利的一句话
"I don't need an alarm clock. My ideas wake me."
"我不需要闹钟 我的灵感会叫醒我"
I assume you're a sound sleeper, Dr. Brennan.
我猜你的睡眠一定很好 布纳恩博士
Now I believe you owe me an apology, Ms. Brown.
现在我认为你应该向我道歉 布朗女士
I'd rather read your drivel than apologize.
我宁可读你的满纸胡言也不会道歉的
I'm pretty sure that was tactless.
我确信这句话是很刻薄的
Wouldn't you agree, Mr. Wise?
你不觉得吗 怀斯先生
I was able to separate the bone injuries into two categories:
我成功地把这些骨伤分成了两类
blunt and sharp force trauma.
一类是钝力伤 一类是利器伤
The blunt force trauma occurred postmortem,
钝力伤在死后发生
most likely due to the fall down the hill.
多半是由于掉落山坡所致
Or the body hitting the rocks as it washed downstream.
或是尸体顺流而下的时候撞到了岩石上
Definitely, but based on the blood staining,
确实 但根据血染的情况
these sharp force injuries to the posterior carpals,
这些腕骨后部 掌骨 临近指骨
metacarpals, proximal phalanges, radius and ulna are perimortem.
桡骨和尺骨上的利器伤都是感染引起的
Most likely defensive wounds.
更有可能是防御伤
Nolan fought with his killer.
诺兰跟凶手打架了
And the cuts show that
而切口表明
the assailant was wielding a weapon of some sort.
攻击者正挥舞着某种武器
Nolan didn't stand a chance.
诺兰毫无胜算
It was testosterone that caused the bone thickening.
使得骨质增厚的原因是睾丸素
That was ruled out.
这个可能已经被排除了
It would've decreased sperm production.
它会使精♥子♥产量下降
Artificial testosterone, yes,
人工睾丸素 没错
but this was naturally produced by Nolan.
但这个是诺兰自己天然产生的
No one produces as much as he did.
没有人能产生这么多睾丸素
Well, they do if they're taking HCG.
服用HCG就行了[人体绒毛膜促♥性♥腺♥激♥素♥]
Of course. The fertility drug.
对哦 促排卵药物
It would cause the body to
这会使人体改变
naturally increase testosterone production.
自然地♥产♥出大量睾丸素
Yeah, as well as his sperm count.
对 还有他的精♥子♥数
And cause your slugs to go out with a bang.
以及让你的子弹嘣地出去
So to speak.
打个比方
But if he'd been fired from the sperm bank,
但既然他已经被那家精♥子♥银行解雇了
why keep taking HCG?
为什么还要继续吃药
There are other banks, other ways to sell his seed.
还有其它银行 他一样可以出♥售♥精♥子♥
Yeah, but look at the formulation.
是 但你看看这配方
I mean, this HCG was far from pure.
这HCG纯度太低了
He must have been buying it on the street.
他一定是在街边购买♥♥的
It's sold at a lot of gyms,
这种药在很多健身房♥有卖♥♥
to bodybuilders,
是卖♥♥给想要练就好身材的人
to redistribute body fat and increase testosterone.
重组全身脂肪 并增加睾丸素的
We know he was in a fight.
我们知道他跟人打过架
Maybe it wasn't the prospective parents who wanted him dead.
也许不是未来父母想要他死
Maybe it was his drug dealer.
也许是药贩子
I was Sean's trainer at the gym, that's all.
我是肖恩在体育馆的教练 仅此而已
You got three arrests on you, Creach, okay?
你被逮捕三次 克里奇
One for selling illegal steroids,
一条是贩卖♥♥非法类固醇药物
the other one for human growth hormones
一条是贩卖♥♥非法人类生长激素
and one for selling amphetamines.
还有一条是贩卖♥♥安♥非♥他♥命♥
I'm clean now.
我现在已经不做了
That's why the court sentenced me to treatment,
所以法庭才判决我接受治疗
because they knew I was a good guy who had a problem.
因为他们知道我是个误入歧途的好人
You've a bigger problem now, because Sean Nolan is dead.
你现在问题严重了 因为肖恩·诺兰死了
I'm gonna miss him.
我会想念他的
He was really getting into good shape.
他的身材其实正在变好呢
Right, and you did what you always do,
没错 而你做了你常做的事
and that's sell him drugs.
就是向他出♥售♥药物
This time it was HCG.
这一次是HCG
I don't even know what that is.
我根本不知道那是什么玩意
And I'm pretty sure you didn't find any drugs at my place,
而且我非常肯定你搜查我屋子的时候
when you searched it.
并没有搜出什么药物
He did owe you money, though, right?
但他确实欠你钱 是吧
Yeah, as a trainer.
是的 欠的是教练费
It ain't cheap to look like me.
要想身材像我一样好可不便宜
Look, um, I'm sorry about Sean and all, but, um,
我为肖恩的事感到难过 但是
I got a client at 2:00,
我两钟还有个客户要见
and you got nothing on me
而你没有抓住我什么把柄
or I'd be in a cell.
不然我现在就该进监牢了
Excuse me. We're not done now.
不好意思 我们还没问完
Oh, wow. You want to take this on? Seriously?
你想比划比划啊 真的吗
Okay, here's the biggest problem with guys
好了 这就是那些注射类固醇的人
and their pumped up on the roids, huh.
最大的问题所在
They look bigger, but they're a lot dumber.
他们看起来高大威猛 却行动迟缓得多
Stop! Stop!
住手 住手
You twisted up Sean's arm so bad three months ago,
三个月前你把肖恩的手臂拧得太狠了
that you broke it. We have witnesses.
以至于他都骨折了 我们有证人
We were roughhousing.
我们就是打打闹闹而已
Look, you don't want to get locked up
如果你不想因为
for assaulting a federal agent,
侮辱联邦探员而进监狱
you tell me about what happened between you and Sean.
最好是告诉我你和肖恩之间发生了什么
We-we got into it a little bit, that's all.
我们吵得有点凶 只是这样
He said the HCG wasn't good,
他说我给他的HCG不好
that's why he didn't have the money.
所以他没有钱
Some guy was refusing to pay him for his sperm
有人拒绝为他的精♥子♥付款
because his wife wasn't getting pregnant.
因为他老婆没有怀孕
Sean blamed me.
肖恩就怪到我头上
What guy? I don't know. I swear. I swear.
谁 不知道 我发誓 我发誓
I initially thought that the injuries
我最初以为这些骨盆处
to the pelvis and femur were caused by
和股骨处的伤是由于
the fall down the hill, but look at these cuts
掉下山坡引起 但是看看这些
on the cortical surfaces.
皮层表面的伤痕
The deepest gash is on the right proximal femur.
最深的切口在右股骨近端
A cut deep enough to score the bone
既然深得能伤到骨头
would have severed the femoral artery.
那它也应该切断了股动脉
Meaning our victim would have bled out.
这就意味着我们的受害人会出血过多而死
He'd lose consciousness in 30 seconds.
他在三十秒内就会失去意识
Any idea what weapon was used?
你觉得凶器会是什么呢
Not yet. If it was a knife,
还不清楚 如果是刀
it would have been very dull.
肯定是非常钝的
Any other evidence of stabbing or slashing?
还有什么证据能说明是刺伤或者砍伤吗
Just the defensive wounds and these three cuts on the pelvis,
只有这些防御伤 骨盆处的这三个伤口
two on the femur.
和股骨上的两个
So whoever killed Sean Nolan knew to target this area
那么杀死肖恩·诺兰的凶手知道攻击这里
to kill him quickly and efficiently.
能快速有效的杀死他
Meaning someone with more than a working knowledge of anatomy.
也就是说 这个人对解剖学非常有研究
Good work, Mr. Bray. You found cause of death.
做得好 布雷先生 你找到死因了
Now all we need is a weapon.
我们现在只需要找到凶器
剧集 | 识骨寻踪(2005) | 导航列表