Let me show you something.
让我带你们看些东西
Paula, are you OK?
宝拉你还好吗
This is where George worked.
这里是乔治的工作地点
Every chicken passes through the inspectors' station.
每只鸡都得经过检查站
We've been here 50 years and had
我们已经营50年
and had no trouble with the USDA until George came along.
从未给农业部添麻烦直到他出现
no trouble with the USDA until George came along.
所以他真威胁过要你们关门
So he really did threaten to shut it down. Oh, he tried.
他的确试过
But we got three other inspectors
但曾有其他3个督导来过
here consistently give us top marks. Here.
都一致给我们最高评价
See for yourself.
你自己看
The only problem this plant had was George.
这工厂唯一的问题就是乔治
Problem enough to do something about?
问题严重到得有所行动
If you mean any kind of unsavouriness,
如果你是指坏的方面
I guess anything's possible.
我想任何事都有可能
George had a bone to pick with everyone,
乔治喜欢挑人毛病
even the federal government.
即使是对联邦政♥府♥
What do you mean? He filed a compensation suit.
什么意思 他提出了个赔偿诉讼
Claimed he was getting terrible headaches.
声称他有严重的头痛
"Line hypnosis" His lawyers called it.
他的律师称为 生产线催眠
Yeah, it's caused by high-speed repetitive activity.
没错那是由高速的重复动作所引起
I don't deny a lot of chickens go
我不否认这里处理很多鸡
through here but we operate within federal guidelines.
但我们都符合联邦指导规范
What happened to his lawsuit?
诉讼情形如何
It was dismissed, just a few weeks before he disappeared.
被驳回了 就在他失踪前几个星期
What's that?
那是什么
Oh, that.
那个
Feed grinder. Chops up bone, tissue.
饲料研磨机磨碎骨头及组织
See, any part of the bird we can't package, we process and use as feed.
瞧每一部份我们都不浪费
Chickens feed on chickens? It doesn't sound appetising.
用鸡来喂鸡 听起来很倒胃口
But it is nutritious and cuts down on cost.
但是很营养而且省成本
The meat is cooked, then mixed with grain.
这肉煮过然后掺上稻谷
No reason to let all that protein go to waste.
没理由浪费蛋白质
Excuse me. I got a shift change. Howdy, Sheriff.
对不起我得换班了 你好警长
Logan.
罗根
Mulder, ready to admit they sent us on a fool's errand?
承不承认他们让我们白跑一趟
If the fool would persist in his folly, he'd become wise.
如果砌而不舍也会有收获的
Whether Kearns left or was killed,
不管肯恩是离开还是被杀
this could have been handled by any Kansas City agent.
肯萨斯警方都能处理的
I'm not so sure about that.
这我可不敢说
Let him go! We're federal agents.
放开他我们是调查局探员
Everyone stay calm!
大家冷静
Don't hurt him! Tell us what you want.
别伤他说出你的要求
Don't get excited. Just calm down.
别紧张冷静点
Stay calm! You don't want anyone to get hurt.
冷静你不希望有人受伤吧
We can talk this thing out. Why don't you give me the knife?
我们可以谈谈 把刀给我好吗
You OK?
你还好吗
Do you have any idea why she attacked you?
知道她为何攻击你吗
None at all. No recent complaints or strange behaviour?
一点也不知道 最近有抱怨或行为怪异吗
Paula has always been one
宝拉向来都是我们最好的员工之一
of our best employees. Stable, well-liked.
稳定 受欢迎
I can't begin to imagine what brought this on.
我无法想像这是怎么搞的
Dr Randolph, do you have any ideas?
蓝道夫医生有什么意见
If you're done with me, I got work to do.
若没我的事我还有工作要做
Come by tomorrow and let me make sure it's not infected.
明天过来让我确定一下没被感染
Sure. Uh...
好的
Paula came by last week, complaining of persistent headaches.
宝拉上星期来过 抱怨有持续性头痛
She had suddenly started getting irritable, unable to sleep.
她突然开始变得焦燥和失眠
Did you determine the cause? I'm just the staff physician.
诊断出原因了吗 我只是员工医生
I usually only treat hand injuries...
通常我只治疗手伤
...so I'm a little out of my depth on psychiatric matters.
所以对精神病方面比较没有研究
Was anything physically wrong with her?
她精神上有问题吗
I sent her to County for a brain scan and an EEG.
我送她去郡立医院做脑部扫描和脑波图
Both came back normal,
两者都很正常
so I assumed her condition was stress-related.
所以我假定她的状况跟压力有关
Could it have been line hypnosis?
会是生产线催眠吗
I'm not qualified to make that diagnosis.
我没有资格做诊断
But you can tell us whether George Kearns had similar complaints.
但是你可以告诉我们肯恩是否有相同的抱怨
They presented similar symptoms, yeah.
是的他们有类似的征状
How did you treat them? Both with pain medicationcodeine.
你怎么帮他们治疗 都给止痛药
I think an autopsy on Paula Gray would clarify things.
我想解剖宝拉有助于理清事实
I'm, uh... afraid I can't authorise that.
我恐怕无法授权
That's up to Mr Chaco.
那由查哥先生决定
Why? You're her physician.
为什么 你是她的医生
Yeah, but Mr Chaco was Paula
是的 但查哥先生
Gray's grandfather... and her legal guardian.
是宝拉的祖父和她的合法监护人
Mr Chaco?
查哥先生
Feedin' these chickens...
喂这些鸡…
...helps me clear my mind.
帮助我清醒脑子
They're perfect creatures, you know.
它们是完美的动物
We eat their meat, their eggs,
我们吃鸡肉鸡蛋
sleep on pillows stuffed with their feathers.
使用鸡毛做的枕头
Not many people I know are as useful as these chickens.
我认识的人当中很少有像鸡这么有用的
Sorry to disturb you, sir. We realise this is difficult for you.
抱歉打扰您先生 我们了解您很难过
You wanna conduct an autopsy on my granddaughter.
你们要对我孙女解剖
Why?
为什么
You think Paula had some disease that made her act that way?
你们认为宝拉有病才让她如此的吗
That's what we're hoping a postmortem will determine.
那正是我们希望解剖的原因
I thought your business was Kearns's disappearance.
我以为你们是来调查肯恩的失踪的
It is, but it may be linked
是没错但那有可能
with what happened to your granddaughter.
与您孙女的事有关
How?
怎么说
It's possible they may have
我们还不能确定
both suffered from the same neurological disorder.
他们两个可能都罹患精神错乱
You know, when I came here after the war,
战后我来到这里时
Dudley was just a patch of dirt.
杜利还只是一片尘土
I built that plant and put my whole family to work there.
我盖了那间工厂并让整个家族在那里工作
We made this town one of
我们使这个镇成为
the biggest chicken processors in the nation.
国内最大的鸡只处理中心之一
We couldn't have done that with troublemakers and layabouts.
有麻烦的人或懒人的话 我们做不到这种成绩
I assume you mean George Kearns.
我想您指的是乔治·肯恩
Men like George Kearns don't build things.
像肯恩这种人不会建设
They tend to tear 'em down.
只会破坏
Then you're aware of his recommendation to close down your plant?
那么您知道他建议关闭您的工厂
You know...
你知道吗…
...livin' a long life is a mixed blessing.
长寿是件不好不坏的事
You spend your youth trying to
你投入青春
build something for yourself and your family...
为自己及家人 与社会建立一些东西
...and your community, only to
却只能
watch it all taken away from you at your old age.
在你年老时眼看着一切被夺走
Still...
但是呢…
...I'm not ready to die just yet.
我还不准备死
You go do your autopsy on Paula.
你们去为宝拉验尸吧
I wanna know what happened to my granddaughter.
我想知道我孙女到底怎么了
I think we've got something here, Mulder.
可能有发现了 穆德
Take a look. What am I looking at?
看一看这个 要我看什么
A specimen from Paula's brain.
宝拉的脑部取样
She had a rare degenerative
她得了罕见的衰退失调
disorder called Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease.
又称为克鲁兹杰可症
It's characterised by the formation of holes in the brain tissue.
这病的特点是在脑部组织有孔状结构
Why didn't they show up on her charts?
病例上为何没有写
Short of an autopsy
除非解剖
it's hard to diagnose.
否则很难诊断出来
I've only seen infected tissue once.
受感染的组织我只看过一次
back in medical school
是在医学院的时候
Could it be why she attacked Jess Harold? Absolutely.
那是她攻击哈洛的原因吗 绝对是
Victims of Creutzfeldt-Jakob
克鲁兹杰可症的受害者会
suffer from progressive dementia, severe seizures.
逐渐痴呆和严重的癫痫
Is it fatal? This girl would have been dead in months.
是绝症 这女孩活不了几个月
Except that Paula Gray was no girl.
只是宝拉并非年轻女子
剧集 | X档案(1993) | 导航列表