He's a sanitation worker. He
病人是个清洁工
claims he was attacked by something down in the sewer.
他说是被下水道里的东西袭击
Attacked? By what? We've been unable to determine.
袭击 被什么 还不确定
I thought it was a bogus disability claim,
本来我认为他在骗人
but he appears to be telling the truth.
可是他好像在说真的
What's his condition? He's in satisfactory health.
他情况怎样 健康状况良好
I've given him a heavy course of antibiotics,
已经给了高剂量抗生素
and we're checking for hepatitis.
还在检查有没有肝炎
He does have a strange wound on his back.
他背部有个奇怪的伤口
What kind of wound?
什么样的伤口
It could be some kind of bacterial infection.
像是细菌感染
Frankly, I can't say I've ever seen anything like it.
从未见过这种伤
This is Agent Mulder of the FBI. Any idea what attacked you?
调查局的穆德探员 知道袭击你的是什么吗
I've been thinking it might've been a python.
我以为是蚺蛇
A python?
蚺蛇
Or a boa constrictor.
或者是蟒蛇
Somebody probably flushed their pet snake down the toilet.
可能有人 把宠物蛇丢到马桶里
We found an alligator in the sewer a couple of years ago.
几年前就有人 发现过鳄鱼
Stronger than hell, I'll tell you that.
力气大的惊人
Clamped onto me like a vice.
紧紧钳住不放
It almost looks like a bite.
像是咬的
Excuse me.
抱歉 我是穆德
Mulder is me i neet to see you
穆德 是我 我们需要见一面
I've got something you should know about.
有件事你得知道
What is it? Some kind of parasite in your John Doe.
什么事 那无名男尸体内有寄生虫
I should know more by the time you get here.
等你来的时候 应该会有更多资料
I'm in Jersey. I should be taking the shuttle in about an hour.
我在新泽西州 约1小时后我会坐上车
Can I get outta here? I'd like to go home.
我可以走了吗 我想回家
Excuse me.
对不起
Scully, this is a bad time for me to talk. Mr Mulder?
丹娜 我现在说话不方便 穆德先生吗
Yeah?
是的
I think you should know... you have a friend at the FBI.
我想你该知道 你在调查局里有个朋友
Who is this?
你是谁
Agent Mulder? If you don't have
穆德探员 要是没什么要问了
any more questions, I'm gonna release this man.
我要让他走了
OK. Go ahead.
好
Close the door.
门关上
It's called Turbellaria, commonly known as a fluke, or flatworm.
这叫涡虫 或者一般称为扁形虫
This was living inside the body?
这东西在他体内
It had attached itself to
附在胆管里面
the bile duct and was feeding off the liver.
在吃肝脏
Lovely!
美妙
Believe it or not, some 40 million people are infected worldwide.
信不信由你 全世界有4千万人感染这种虫
This isn't where you tell
你不是在讲
me some terrible story about sushi, is it?
有关寿司的恐怖故事吧
Maybe you'd rather hear
可能你情愿听的是
what you can catch from a nice rare steak.
来自生牛排的感染吧
So, what? The murder weapon was a top sirloin?
杀人武器 是上等牛腰肉吗
Flukes are endemic in unsanitary conditions.
要在肮脏的环境下才会
It's more likely that the
扁形虫是有区域性的
victim contracted it down inside the sewer.
可能死者 是在排水沟里感染的
Before or after he died? I don't know.
死前还是死后 不知道
My sources say it's unlikely
只有一只寄生虫
a single parasite could have killed him.
应该不会致死
He was a young man. But the weird thing is,
他是个年青人 奇怪的是
there's no other discernible cause of death.
找不出其他的死因
How do these parasites attach themselves?
这些寄生虫 是怎样寄附的
They have what's called a scolex,
它们有头筛
a sucker-like mouth with four hooking spikes.
就像有4个勾钉的吸盘口
Anything like this? Where'd you get that?
像这样 哪来的
Something attacked a workman in a New Jersey sewer this morning.
今早在新泽西州的排水沟有东西袭击一个工人
And you're asking me if this is from a fluke?
你认为就是这种扁形虫吗
Could it be?
是不是呢
The scolex is a tiny organ. This is a huge bite mark.
头筛是很小的 这是个大咬痕
How big can these things get? Mulder, I...
这东西能长多大 穆德 我
I'm sorry.
对不起
It felt like old times there for a second.
刹那间感觉像往日般
Flatworms are what are known as obligate endoparasites.
扁形虫是内部寄生性的
They live inside of the host,...
只会寄生在宿主体内
..Entering the body through the ingestion of larvae or eggs.
幼虫或卵会被摄取入体内
They are not creatures that go around attacking people.
不会有这么大的 寄生虫会咬人的
That's good. I didn't wanna tell Skinner...
好 我可不想告诉史基纳
..His murder suspect was a giant bloodsucking worm.
杀人嫌犯是个巨大吸血虫
No.
当然
Well, at the very least, this'll
至少呢
be interesting to the Newark Department of Sanitation.
纽瓦克的卫生局会有兴趣
Look, I don't know who you
我不知道那天晚上 我们谈话内容
shared our conversation with the other night, but...
你跟谁说了 但希望你不是在帮我搞宣传
Excuse me? I don't know who you talked to.
什么 我不知道你跟谁说了
I didn't talk to anybody.
我没有跟人说过呀
Somebody told me I had a friend at the FBI.
有人跟我说我有个朋友在调查局
Look, Mulder, I... I don't know what to say.
穆德 我不知如何回答你
But I... I wouldn't betray a confidence.
但我不会讲人家秘密
The city runs on different systems,...
整个城的下水道结构都不同
..Some new, some built at the turn of the century.
有些是世纪初建造的
Almost as old as Charlie. Right, Charlie? Oh, yes, sir.
几乎像查理般老 对吗 查理 是的 先生
What part of the sewer was I in?
我那时在下水道的那里
An older section. Big eightfoot tunnels.
是较旧的部份 大八爪隧♥道♥
It looked more like a catacomb than a sewer line.
说是地下墓穴 还较贴切
The new sections are concrete pipe, mostly 24 inches.
所有新的部份是混凝土管 大都是24英吋
And all the sewage comes through this plant?
所有的排水沟 都通到这个处里厂
560,000 people a day call my office on the porcelain telephone.
每天都有56万人 冲马桶冲到我这里
Have you ever seen one of these?
见过这个东西吗
It looks like a big old worm.
像是条大虫
It's called a fluke. It came from the body in the sewer.
在下水道发现的 那具尸体里面
Wouldn't surprise me.
这不奇怪
No telling what's been breeding down there in the last 100 years.
在过去的100年里 谁知道下面养着什么
Ray here.
我是雷
Charlie, slow down.
查理 讲慢一点
I'm backflushing the system. It's in there.
我把水冲掉 它就在里面
What is it? I don't know. It just swam right past me.
是什么 不知道 从我身边游过
There it is.
在那边
carnivorous scavengers, less than 3cm in length,...
涡虫形的扁形虫是肉食性的 大小不到3公分
..Found in fresh and sea water. They are hermaphroditic,...
在淡水海水都有被发现 雌雄同体
..With complex reproductive systems,
具有复杂的生殖系统
capable of internal fertilisation.
可自行受精
Many species require more than one host to complete a life cycle.
大多数的种类 会转换寄生到不同的宿主
Although the wound on the sanitation worker suggests scolex attachment
虽然在清洁工身上的 伤痕看来是头筛噬咬
the sheer size of the wound precludes involvement of the common fluke worm
但能咬出这种大小的伤痕
..The sheer size of the wound
不是一般扁形虫
Scully. Scully, it's me.
我是史卡利 史卡利 是我
You know that fluke you caught? Yeah.
记得那被你捉到的扁形虫吗
It must've been the runt of the litter.
一定是垃圾堆里的变种
I don't see it.
我看不见
There it is. Tucked away in the far corner behind the pipes.
在那边 卷在管子后面
Oh, my God. I don't know if you can see,...
老天哪 不知道你看到没
..But it has no sex organs. It's genderless.
没有生殖器 无性动物
Platyhelminthes are often hermaphroditic.
扁形虫通常是雌雄同体
Mulder, this is amazing!
太奇妙了
Its vestigial features seem parasitic,
退化的特征看似寄生虫
but it has primate physiology.
却具有原始灵长类机能
Where did it come from? I don't know.
从什么地方来的 不知道
But I'll have to tell Skinner that
最后还是要告诉史基纳
his suspect is a giant bloodsucking worm after all.
杀人凶手真的是个巨大吸血虫
All we're missing is the identity of the body in the sewer.
唯一查不出的是 下水道那死者的身份
He was a Russian. An engineer on a cargo freighter.
是个俄♥国♥人 货轮上的工程师
He had a tattoo on his forearm.
他手臂有纹身
I didn't make the connection until I detected...
我没联想到 直到我发现
..That that was the name Dmitri, spelled in Cyrillic lettering.
DMITRI 是古代西里尔语的拼法
How did you make the connection at all?
你怎么想出来的
剧集 | X档案(1993) | 导航列表