Endangering these animals is against everything we believe.
使动物遭受危险 有违我们的信仰
These are incredibly spiritual creatures.
他们是极有灵性的生物
Their rituals and behaviour
他们的习惯和行为
are linked to a past no man ever witnessed.
连结到人类未见的过去
Did you know they actually bury their dead?
你知道他们会埋葬死者吗?
They can visit an elephant graveyard centuries old...
他们可以探访 绵延数世纪的大象墓园
..And know instinctively where their ancestors' bones lie.
并直觉地 知道祖先的尸骨在哪
What do you think Ganesha was running from?
你觉得甘妮莎 在恐惧什么?
You wanna see? I'll show you.
你想知道?我就让你看看
Get up! Halt. I got him.
起来!停 行了
This is how Ed Meecham treats these majestic animals.
这就是艾德 对待动物的方式
This is still going on? Meecham's a barbarian.
现在还是这样吗? 他是个野蛮人
He's been torturing animals at the Fairfield Zoo for years.
他在菲尔芙动物园 虐待动物好多年了
We figure he's still at it.
我们知道他仍是这样
Eventually we're gonna get some proof.
总有一天我们会抓到证据
We're here to put pressure on the zoo.
我们会对动物园施压
We're keeping track of what goes on.
并记录发生的事情
Willa Ambrose claims she's
维娜安布斯声称
put a stop to most of his old practices.
她制止了多数的老旧习惯
Whatever her intentions,
无论她的意图为何
she's too preoccupied to know how Meecham operates.
她太专注而忽略艾德的工作
Preoccupied with what?
专注于什么?
A lawsuit she's fighting against
她为了一只大猩猩苏菲
the Malawi government over a gorilla named Sophie.
而控告马拉威政♥府♥
Willa rescued her from an African
维娜10年前
customs house ten years ago. Raised her like a child.
将她从非洲海关救出 像小孩般抚养她
The Malawi government wants her back. Will they win?
马拉威政♥府♥想要回苏菲 他们会赢吗?
This is a perfect example
这就是人类对动物王国
of man's imperialism over the animal kingdom.
实行帝制的例子
Some craven impulse to turn
为了自身快乐而将动物
animals into objects for our own selfish pleasure.
变成物品的懦夫行为
I thought you said she rescued this gorilla?
你说她救了这只猩猩?
So she could spend her life behind bars!
所以猩猩要在牢里度过余生
Her obligation should
她有责任
have been to return the gorilla to the wild.
把猩猩放生
All animals should run free.
动物应该自♥由♥自在
Even that means trampling men to death?
甚至把人踩死?
Maybe he should go out the way.
或许他该让开
I'm sure he would have if he'd seen it coming.
如果他看见了 我想他会让路的
Thanks for your time, sir, and we'll get back to you soon.
谢谢你拨出时间 我们会再与你联络
It's all happening at the zoo,
事情都发生在动物园
Scully. - Well, we found our suspects.
我们有嫌犯了
You think they busted out Ganesha?
你认为他们放走甘妮莎?
You heard him. "Animals should run free."
"动物应该自♥由♥自在"
What about the eyewitness accounts, the security tapes,...
目击者的证词 和监视录影带怎么解释?
..The fact that no one saw an
事实是直到她出现在数哩外以前
elephant until it was miles away from the zoo?
没人看过那只大象?
The lights at the construction
建筑物前的灯光亮度
site were mercury-vapour, 10,000 candlepower.
相当于1万烛光
They can restrict a man's ability to adjust to the dark.
可能限制了 我们适应黑暗的能力
And their security cameras are poor quality.
那些监视摄影机的品质很差
A grey elephant may not have
一头灰色大象
registered an image on tape in the dim light.
可能无法被拍下来
I'm not buying it. I think these guys are all talk.
我觉得他们能说的都说了
These guys are dedicated
那些人就是不怕丢脸
to exactly this kind of activity, unabashedly.
热衷此事
Did you check out the nightvision camera? No.
查过夜光摄影机了吗? -没有
It wouldn't surprise me
如果他们想趁胜追击
if they tried to capitalise on their success.
我可不会惊讶
By doing what? By liberating another animal.
做什么? 解放另一只动物
Willa Ambrose said the zoo was in trouble financially.
安布斯说过 动物园正面临财政危机
The loss of another big exhibit could shut them down entirely.
再损失一件大型展览品 可使他们关门大吉
All right. You keep an eye on the WAO.
好吧 你盯好WAO
And where are you going?
那你去哪?
To talk to the animals.
跟动物们谈谈
Beam me up, Scotty!
照着我 史考堤
Did anybody ever tell you the camera loves you, Frohike?
霍海克 有人说过你很上相吗?
Yeah the arresting officer of "Free James Brown" rally
那些抓"解放詹姆士布朗" 集♥会♥的警♥察♥说过
What's this costing the taxpayers,Mulder?
这些花了纳税人多少钱?
Uh... about a 150 bucks an hour.
约每小时150美元
Ouch! Almost as much as Bill Clinton 's haircuts.
几乎跟柯林顿理发 的价钱一样贵
Where's Langly? He has a philosophical issue...
兰利在哪? 他有心理障碍
.. with having his image transmitted.
不愿让自己影像经由卫星传送
What are you doing in Idaho?
你在爱达荷做什么?
I'm in Fairfield. What do you know about it?
我在菲尔芙 你了解这里吗?
They got a little 200 there. Lots of strange lore.
那里有个小动物园 很多怪传言
Animals escaping, disappearing.
像动物逃走 消失
Any idea why? You're near the Mountain Home Air Base.
知道原因吗? 你在家园山空军基地附近
Major UFO hotspot.
幽浮出没的热门地点
Weird fact Mulder: no animal in Fairfield
怪异的事情
has ever brought a pregnancy to term.
在菲尔芙的动物 从来不曾怀孕
Not a cub or a chick.
没有幼兽也没有小鸡
The woman in charge has a gorilla that knows sign language,
动物园的女主管有只猩猩
supposedly a thousand words.
大概懂得1000字的手语
If that's the lovely Agent Scully,...
如果是可爱的史探员
..Let her know I've been working out. I'm buff.
告诉她我猜对了
Mulder. Mulder, it's me.
我是穆德 穆德 是我
I was right.
我猜对了
I just followed the kid from the WAO to the zoo.
我刚从WAO 跟踪那家伙到动物园
He's just about to make it over the fence.
他正试图穿越栏栅
All right. I'll be right there, Scully.
我马上来 私人土地 禁止进入
What the hell are you doing here?
你在这里搞什么鬼?
There's a member of the WAO on the premises.
有个WAO的人 进了园里面
Come with me.
跟我来
What's going on?
怎么回事?
OK, Sophie. Calm down.
没事的 苏菲 冷静
I don't know what you're talking about.
我不知道你在说些什么
You have no idea what he was doing at the zoo?
你不晓得 他在园里做了什么?
If you're asking if I had any idea of his intentions
如果你是在问我 是否知道他的意图
..The answer is simple: not the slightest.
答案很简单 一点也不知道
I saw this camera sitting up there on the shelf yesterday.
昨天我看到 这摄影机是在那架子上
Guess I never noticed it before.
我从未注意
A tiger is missing and a member of your organisation is dead.
有只老虎失踪 你的成员也死了
For such a principled man,
对一个颇有原则的人来说
you show an amazing lack of emotion.
你的冷漠真令人惊讶
If the tiger killed this person, then it was a natural act.
如果是老虎杀了他 那只是自然行为
If I find evidence that he was
如果我找到证据
releasing those animals under your orders,...
是你命令他放走动物
..You'll spend the rest of your life behind bars.
你会在铁窗内度过余生
Scully?
丹娜?
That guy really pisses me off.
那家伙真令人火大
Are you OK, Scully? Yeah.
你还好吗?丹娜
Have you calmed down?
冷静下来了吗?
Have they found the tiger yet?
找到老虎了吗?
No. But I took a look at the cassette.
还没 但我看了一下影带
He wasn't killed by the tiger. What?
他不是老虎杀的 什么?
Unless it's trick photography,
除非这是假的影带
it was some kind of phantom attacker.
不然就是幽灵攻击者
You saw his body! He was mauled to death.
你看过尸体 他被抓伤致死
He had claw marks on his chest and back.
他的胸背都有爪印
I can't explain it, either.
我也无法解释
But I know someone who might be able to.
但我知道有人也许可以
Excuse me? Miss Ambrose?
对不起 安布斯小姐
Can we have a word with you?
我们能和你谈谈吗?
I don't know anything more
除了已告诉警方的以外
than I've told the police. I have nothing to say.
我什么也不知道
Is this where you keep Sophie?
这是你安置苏菲的地方?
Sophie is ill. Do you think we could meet her?
苏菲病了 我们可以见见她吗?
We're not here to try to take her away from you.
我们不是 要来把她带走
Six weeks ago I had to take Sophie out of her public habitat.
6星期以前 我把苏菲 从公共栖地移走
剧集 | X档案(1993) | 导航列表