They were to check in at midnight.
他们午夜才会到
You try every band?
每个频道都试过了
All audiovisual seemed to be down.
好像所有影音讯号♥都断了
Maybe it's just a satellite glitch.
可能只是卫星故障
We thought so too, until we received this...
我们也以为这样
from a tracking station in Bend, Oregon.
直到俄勒冈州一个追踪站收到这个
They picked it up on an emergency frequency.
是从紧急频道收到的
What are those guys doing?
这些人在干什么
We did manage to uplink Firewalker's video camera.
我们设法连上火山探勘机的摄影机
It's at base camp, so we hope
就架设在基营地 希望可以
it can give us a picture, tell us what's going on.
看到影像 看看是怎么回事
Data feed's coming in now.
资料送进来了
What's the robot doing in the volcano? I don't know.
机械人在火山干什么 不知道
There's no descent scheduled.
没听说有落地计划
Firewalker's not responding. I can't get control.
火山探勘机没有回应 无法掌控
Someone's overriding it.
有人盖掉讯号♥
Lock camera remote and pan left.
锁定摄影机遥控 向左平移
Stop. Stop!
停 停
Go back.
倒♥退♥
Tilt up and zoom in.
向上 放大
Erikson.
艾力生
What the hell...? Give me that!
怎么回事 给我
There it is again. Did you see that?
又来了 看到没
You saw that shadow, didn't you?
看到那影子吗
Yeah, but what could be moving around in that kind of heat?
有 但是什么会在那种热度中移♥动♥
I don't know.
不知道
Maybe it was, uh, just a ghost signal.
可能是 只是鬼影
I mean, it wouldn't be the first time that...
这种事应该不是第一次
What's going on up there?
那里发生了什么事
Let's go to our science editor
我们到华盛顿阿威龙火山
Eric Parker in MountAvann, Washington. Eric?
去找科学主编艾力柏 艾力柏
I'm standing here with a group of scientists...
我与一群科学家 站在这里
..Who are excited about this device,
兴奋的看着这装置
which looks like a large titanium bug.
简直像只大甲虫
Firewalker will next week
火山探勘机下周
make its first descent into an active volcano.
将首次降落在活火山
This robot is the brainchild of volcanologist Daniel Trepkos.
这机械人是火山学家 查克斯的智慧结晶
It will gather samples from the crater...
他会从火山采集样本
..Which may hold scientific data about the Earth's core.
可以搜集 关于地心的科学资料
Scientific data?
科学资料
We’re talking about revisiting the very origin of the Earth
我们正在谈论 有关地球的起源
Peering into the fire where it all began.
查看其起源之火
A human endeavour more
这项人类的努力
important even than man's exploration of space.
甚至比太空探险更重要
That's no mean claim.
这说法 一点也不谦虚
Daniel always had a flair for self-dramatisation.
查克斯总是有自吹自擂的本领
I'd always heard that he was brilliant.
我已听说他很聪明
Brilliant doesn't go quite far enough.
聪明远不足以形容他
He occupies a rare place among scientists...
他在科学家中占有的一席之地
Where dreams, ambition and great luck converge.
集♥合♥了梦想 野心 与极大的运气
You think his luck just ran out.
他运气用光了吗
The team sent a distress signal
探险队昨天没传送报告
yesterday after failing to make a status report.
只发来受困讯号♥
They haven't responded to any of our calls.
对我们的呼叫 也没有回应
But by using remote telemetry,
但是透过遥感勘测术
we were able to activate Firewalker's camera.
我们把探测机的摄影机启动
This is what we found.
这是我们发现的
You're looking at the floor of the volcano.
你们正看着 活火山的地面
But this is the last thing we expected to discover.
但这是我们 完全料不到的东西
The dead man is, uh, Phil Erikson... chief seismologist.
死者是费艾力生 总地震学家
Now, look at this.
现在 看这个
Whoa What the hell is that
哇 这是什么鬼东西
We don't know.
我们不知道
Whatever it was disabled the camera.
它使摄影机失灵
The temperature readings are upwards of 130℃ at this depth.
在这深度的温度 高达130度以上
But that was alive. Why weren't you there?
那东西是活的 你怎么不在那里
I left the project six weeks ago.
六周前我离开了
Trepkos and I nearly came to blows.
查克斯和我差点打架
Over what? Well, I wish I could explain.
为什么 要能解释就好
Daniel and I, uh...
我与查克斯
I always played Salieri to his Mozart.
我只有听命行事的份
I was never quite on his plane of intellect.
我从不怀疑他的聪明才智
But this time I found him slipping.
但这次 我发现他有问题
Into madness.
几近疯狂
He controlled the others...
他开始掌控别人
You think he's responsible for this?
你觉得这事他有份
Whatever there is between me and him, I pray that he isn't.
无论我和他之间怎样 我祈祷他不是那样
We've got 20 million tax dollars in this project.
纳税人有二千万美元在这计划里
If word of it were to get out,...
要是消息走漏
..It could destroy years of work.
多年心血将功亏一篑
I'm afraid to go through proper channels.
我不敢找正常管道
Yeah. We're not exactly proper channels.
我们也不全然是正常管道
How soon can we get up there?
还要多久才会到
There's a flight waiting to take us to Seattle.
有专机带我们去西雅图
From there, a helicopter will fly us to Mount Avalon.
那里有直升机 带我们到阿威龙火山
Scully?
史卡利
I don't think it's a good idea for you to go.
你去这趟不太适合
Mulder, I appreciate your concern,...
穆德 谢谢你的关心
..But I'm ready I wanna work.
但我已准备好 我想工作
Well, maybe you should take some time off.
你该放个假吧
I've already lost too much time.
我已失去了很多时间
There it is!
在那儿
This was Firewalker's satellite relay.
本来是火山探勘机的 卫星中继站
We installed field instruments here.
我们在周围安装了电子仪器
Seismographs, tilt meters...
有地震仪 斜度仪
We'll look here after we've checked inside.
先看里面 再过来看这里
The instruments are worth millions of project dollars.
这些仪器都值百万美元
I'm accountable to the USGS for'em.
都是我要对地质勘探局负责的
Shouldn't we find the descent team first?
应该先找探险队的人吧
I just wanna take a quick damage survey.
我只想先检查一下损坏程度
I'll catch up with you in a few minutes.
我马上 就会跟上你们
Hello?
哈啰
Looks like somebody wanted to
好像有人想
put this operation permanently out of commission.
永久破坏作业计划
Mulder!
穆德
Wait! Wait! What's going on?
等等 发生什么事
This isn't what it looks like!
事情不是你想的那样
He just about took my head off.
我的头差点被他砍掉
I told you, I made a mistake, OK? I'm sorry, all right?
我说我错了 可以吗 对不起 好吗
Who the hell are you? I'm... I'm Ludwig. I'm Jason Ludwig.
你是谁 我是路德 杰森路德
I'm the robotics engineer.
我是机械人工程师
Do you always greet people this way?
你总是这样招呼客人的吗
I heard a noise. I thought it was him. I was protecting myself.
我听到声响 以为是他 我只是要自卫
You know, self-preservation?
纯粹就是自我保卫
Who did you think I was
谁让你觉得
that you thought you had to protect yourself?
你需要自卫
Trepkos.
查克斯
Sometimes he wouldn't talk to us for days.
有时他几天都不说话
Then, boom! You couldn't get him to shut up.
然后突然爆发讲个不停
Don't get me wrong, OK?
别误会我
No one revered the man more than me.
我比谁都尊敬他
I mean... he was a prophet...
他是个先知
..An oracle.
一个智者
He saw things.
他远见未来
H... I mean, he... he saw things that you and me,...
他比你我看得更远
..We only dream about,...
我们只能梦想
..And then forget when we wake up.
醒来时就忘记了
Well, it's OK, you can come out now.The cavalry's here.
可以出来了 救兵来了
This is Peter Tanaka, our systems analyst.
这位是田中 系统分♥析♥师
And, uh, this is Jesse O'Neil.
她是洁西
剧集 | X档案(1993) | 导航列表