She's having the prints on the bulbs checked against Banton's.
她已经在比对班顿的指纹
Did you tell her about his accident?
有告诉她班顿博士的意外吗
No. I only told her he was a possible suspect,
我只告诉她博士有嫌疑
and that it was too early to get her hopes up.
现在给她希望太早了
And that we have more questions than answers.
而且现在的问题 比已回答的还多
Like? Like a motive. Like a murder weapon.
比如呢 比如动机 凶器
Like... What if Dr Banton...
还有... 如果班顿博士...
Look here. There are hardly any shadows cast.
看这里 这里很难投射影子
What do you mean? The lighting in here is diffused.
什么意思 光线在这里是散的
Soft light. What if that's what Dr Banton was looking for?
是柔光 会不会 这就是他在找的
Looking for his shadow?
找自己影子吗
Dr Banton.
班顿博士
Stop right there!
就站那儿
Dr Banton!
班顿博士
Please... just leave me alone.
拜托 别烦我
We're federal agents, Dr Banton.
我们是联邦探员 班顿博士
You don't understand. You're making a big mistake.
你不明白 你犯了大错
Stay away from me.
离我远点
Wait!
等等
It'll kill you. It doesn't care who you are.
那会杀了你 不论你是谁
Oh, thank God!
感谢主
亚洛夫精神病院
弗吉尼亚州皮德蒙德
I thought he was to be kept in the dark. He insisted on soft light.
命令是要他待在黑暗中的 他坚持要柔光
It's the only way he'd let us open the door.
这样他才准我们开门
How can you even... begin to understand what it's like?
你们怎么可能明白 这像什么呢
We're trying to understand. Living in a train station day and night.
我们正试图要明白 日夜住在火车站
Living like a bum.
像个乞丐般
Afraid to fall asleep because of what might happen.
害怕睡着 因为可能会出事
The accident in the lab, the quantum bombardment.
实验室那意外 就是量子冲击
You believe that altered you physically?
是否生理上改变了你
You could... You could say that.
可以这么说
Can you tell us how?
怎样的改变
Even if I could, you wouldn't understand.
我可以说 但你们不会懂的
But it has something to do with dark matter.
但这与黑暗物质有关吧
It has everything to do with dark matter.
一切都与黑暗物质有关
My shadow... ..isn't mine.
我的影子... 不再是我自己的
It's... It's like a black hole.
它 它像个黑洞
It splits molecules into component atoms.
分子分割为原子成分
It unzips electrons from their orbits,
将电子拉出轨道
reduces matter into pure energy.
使物质转为纯能量
That's how you killed Gail Anne Lambert? It wasn't me.
你就这样杀了安葛儿 不是我杀的
Gail Anne was my colleague.
安葛儿是我的同事
She...
她
The night after the accident, I went to see her.
意外那天晚上 我去看她
I was just standing in the doorway.
我只是站在门外
I was... I was looking right at her.
我正看着她
And then she was gone.
突然间她消失了
You have no control over it?
你不能控制它
If I could control it,
要是我能控制
do you think I would let it go around killing people?
你认为我还会到处杀人吗
All I can do is...
我所能做的只是
..study it.
研究它
Try and divine its... its true nature before they do.
在他们之前尝试洞悉它的本质
They?
他们
The government.
政♥府♥
They're after me.
他们在找我
And when they find me,...
要是我被找到
..they're going to do the brain suck they've just been dying to do.
他们就会吸我的脑 他们一直想这样做
"Brain suck"? For the purpose of?
吸脑 要做什么
For the purpose of stealing what has taken me years to accomplish.
想偷取我多年所得
And don't think they wouldn't kill to get it.
别以为他们不会为此杀人
But if they killed you, wouldn't your shadow just...
但他们若杀了你 你的影子会不会...
Disappear? Who knows?
消失吗 谁知道呢
That's why you have to get me out of here.
所以你们得把我弄出去
If I die...
我若死了
there could be nothing left to tether this thing.
就没人能控制此事了
Excuse me.
对不起
I'm gonna have to ask you to discontinue interrogating the suspect.
我得要求你们 停止质问疑犯
This is Detective Barron, the primary on this case.
这是巴隆探长 他是此案负责人
I was wondering what your involvement is. We caught the guy.
不知你们为何参与此事 我们捉到他的
I appreciate that.
我很感谢
But no one seems to recall inviting the FBI in on this case.
但没人知道 有邀请过联邦调查局来参与
Agent Mulder and I are here in an unofficial capacity.
我与穆德探员 不是正式指派而来
Then who brought you in?
那是谁找你们来的
We were curious about the unexplained nature of the case.
我们好奇于此案的非自然现象
Banton's prints place him at two of the crime scenes.
班顿的指纹证明他牵涉另两个案件
And Transit Authority tapes
铁路局的录影带拍摄到
show him in the vicinity of two of the most recent victims.
他在最后两名受害者附近
I'd say this case is pretty much explained.
所以本案已经大明了
Really? Have you talked to Dr Banton?
是吗 你与班顿谈过吗
Don't try to interrogate me, Agent Mulder.
我希望你不是在质问我 穆德探员
I'm not the suspect.
我不是疑犯
You know nothing about this case,
我不认为你了解此案
so you stuck it with Detective Ryan.
所以你与莱恩探长一起来
Let her decide how to proceed.
让她来决定该怎么做
She is handling this case. She's done well.
案子是她的 她做得很好
I see no reason not to let her prosecute it
只要犯人被转送走
once the prisoner has been transferred.
就会让她继续执行调查
Transferred? Where?
要转送 到哪里
To the city jail, for his arraignment.
到市监狱 准备传讯
I don't think you appreciate the danger that he poses.
你应该不清楚 这人的危险性
I don't think you have the authority to
你没有权利命令
tell me or anyone else in my unit how to do our job.
我或我的手下
I think we can handle it from here, Agent Mulder.
就让我们自己处理吧 穆德探员
We'll call you if there's anything more you can do.
有别的事 我们会找你
Come on, Mulder. Let's go.
走吧
Soft light. He needs soft light.
得让他在柔光下
I hope you know what you're doing,
希望你知道你在做什么
putting Detective Ryan's ambition over good sense.
你糟蹋了莱恩探长的雄心
Ambition? She's a woman trying to survive the boys' club.
雄心 她是个尝试在 男人堆里生存的女人
Believe me, I know how she feels.
相信我 我了解她的感受
You never put yourself ahead of your work. And that's what's happening here.
你从未在工作上强出头 那就是她的样子
Look, the fact is, we have no jurisdiction here. We were called in as a favour.
事实是我们无权处理 我们只是来帮忙的
And we just handed the A-bomb to the Boy Scouts.
还刚刚把大炸♥弹♥ 交给了童子军
I'm sure precautions will be taken.
他们会小心的
I'm sure Robert Oppenheimer
我肯定政♥府♥会做的
heard that from the same government Dr Banton is afraid of.
就是班顿所害怕的
You believe this paranoia about brain sucking?
你该不会相信 他所说的吸脑吧
That man is scared, and not just of his own shadow.
他很害怕 不仅是他自己的影子
As brilliant as Dr Banton may be,
像班顿博士这么出色的人
he is also clearly delusional.
也可能会过度幻想
He shows almost every textbook indicator.
他就像课本上的范例
We've both seen the physical evidence.
我俩都看到证据了
Look, I don't know how to explain it. But that's not our job.
我不知要如何解释 但那不是我们的事
I don't know what else we should do.
不知道还能做些什么
I think I do.
我知道
All you've given me is a name. Chester Ray Banton.
你只给了我一个名字 班顿博士
Dr Chester Ray Banton. Do you know him?
是班顿博士 你知道他
No. Should I?
不 我应该吗
He's being held by the police
他因牵连几桩奇怪的命案
in connection with several bizarre murders.
而被警方扣留
He's a physicist,
他是物理学家
researching quarks, gluons... Dark matter.
研究夸克 胶子等等黑暗物质
He thinks the government is out to get him.
他相信政♥府♥在捉他
It's tax season. So do most Americans.
要缴税了 许多美国人都这么想
He believes his life is in danger. Is he a dangerous man?
他相信自己有生命危险 他是危险的人
Yes.
是的
Where is he being held? Yaloff Psychiatric Hospital.
他被关在哪 在耶洛夫精神病院
But not for long. I'm afraid I can't help you.
但也关不久了 我恐怕帮不上忙
Why? Last time I helped you, I bloodied my fist...
为什么 上一次帮你 不但被打伤
剧集 | X档案(1993) | 导航列表