They get the hell scared out of'em. It's not a fun house.
他们都被吓得半死 才不是游乐屋呢
It's a tabernacle of terror. It's a fun house.
那是恐怖的殿堂 就是游乐屋嘛
Mr. Helm, I wanted to ask you about this menu illustration.
想请问你 关于这些插图
I recognize most of the historical portraits you've drawn here,
我认得出你画的历史图样
but what's this here?
但这是什么
It's the Fiji Mermaid.
是菲济美人鱼
Is that what that thing is?
就是这样子吗
What's the Fiji Mermaid?
菲济美人鱼是什么
The Fiji Mermaid... It's... It's the Fiji Mermaid!
菲济美人鱼 就是菲济美人鱼
It's a bit of a humbug
是有点...胡说八道
Barnum pulled in the last century.
巴纳姆马戏大王上世纪就有了
Now, Barnum billed it as a real live mermaid,
巴纳姆广♥告♥说是活的美人鱼
but when people went in to see it, all they saw...
但当人们去看时
was a real dead monkey sown on to the tail of a fish.
只看到死猴子被缝上了鱼尾
It's a monkey?
猴子
A mummified monkey.
木乃伊化的猴子
It supposedly looked so bad,
看起来很糟
he had to exhibit it as a "Genuine fake. "
就被展现成"真正的作假"
Oh, but see? That's why Barnum was a genius.
但看看所以巴纳姆是天才呀
You never know where the truth ends and the humbug begins.
根本看不出 实话和花招的差别
He came right out and said,
他所说的美人鱼故事
"This Fiji Mermaid thing is just a bunch of B.S. "
都是鬼扯
That just made people want to go and see it even more.
只要有人看就好了
So, I mean, who knows?
反正...谁会知道呢
Maybe for box office reasons Barnum hocked it as a hoax.
或许是为了票房♥ 巴纳姆弄了个骗局
But in reality... The Fiji Mermaid was a reality.
事实上... 菲济人鱼是真有其事
Sheriff, we're gonna need to find a place to stay tonight.
警长 今晚我们 要找地方过夜
There are lodgings right across the way.
附近有旅馆
But what's this about?
到底这是干什么
These tracks were found at several of
这些痕迹是在过去
the past few crime scenes.
几起凶案现场发现的
They've defied exact identification,
无法辨认源由
but one expert speculated...
但有专家推测
that they might be simian in nature.
可能是人猿之类的
You don't mean to tell me you
难道这些痕迹
think these tracks were made by the Fiji Mermaid?
是菲济美人鱼留下的
Do you recall what Barnum said about suckers?
记得巴纳姆 怎么广♥告♥吸盘鱼的吗
Tell me, have you done much circus work in your life?
告诉我 你做过马戏团工作吗
And what makes you think I've ever spectated a circus,
为何你说我在马戏班做过
much less been enslaved by one?
不如说是被奴役
I know that many of the citizens
听说这里大多数人
here are former circus hands, and I thought maybe...
都在马戏团做过 我以为...
You thought that because I am a person of short stature...
你以为我生的矮
that the only career I could procure for myself...
所以唯一我能做的职业
would be one confined to the so-called big top.
就是这种所谓高人一等的行业
You took one quick look at me
你看我一眼就觉得
and decided that you could deduce my entire life.
可以推论我的一生
Never would it have occurred to you
你绝对想不到
that a person of my height...
我这种高度的人
could have possibly obtained a degree in hotel management.
可能读过书 有个酒店管理学位
I'm sorry. I meant no offense.
对不起 我无意冒犯
Well, then, why should I take offense?
为何我该受你冒犯
Just because it's human nature
就因为人类本性
to make instantaneous judgments of others...
让你马上下判断
based solely upon their physical appearances?
就光看外表而已
Why, I've done the same thing to you, for example.
举例来说 我对你也一样
I've taken in your all-American features,
根据你的美国人特征
your dour demeanor, your unimaginative necktie design...
严肃的态度 了无趣味的领带
and concluded that you work for the government.
我判断你 是吃公家饭的
An F.B.I. Agent.
是联邦探员
But do you see the tragedy here?
看到悲剧了吗
I have mistakenly reduced you to a stereotype...
我错看你 为一个老套的
A caricature...
漫画人物
instead of regarding you as a specific, unique individual.
而不是个特别的独♥立♥个体
But I am an F.B.I. Agent.
但我是个联邦探员
Register here, please.
请在这登记
Tell me, have you done much circus work in your life?
告诉我 你做过马戏班工作吗
I was on the stage for most of my life.
我一生大多在舞台上
I was a headliner.
我是拿看板的
Did it not bother you to have people staring at you?
被人盯着看 不难过吗
Best work I ever had.
我最在行这个
All I had to do was stand there.
我只要站着就好
Occasionally, I'd say, "Ladies and gentlemen,
有时我会说 "先生女士
I'd like you to meet my brother, Leonard.
让我来介绍我弟弟 李奥纳"
Excuse him. He's a little shy. "
"对不起 他有点害羞"
Big laughs, I tell you, big laughs.
笑死人了 真的笑死大家了
Why'd you give it up?
为何不做了
Mr. Nutt, the kindhearted manager here,
纳特先生 那好心肠的经理
convinced me that to make a living...
说服我靠展示缺陷维生
by publicly displaying my deformity lacked dignity.
会没有尊严
So now I carry other people's luggage.
所以我现在帮人家提行李
I believe these are your trailers.
你们的旅行车到了
If they are not, then I am wrong.
如果不是 那就是我弄错了
Oh, that's most considerate.
你真是好人
Thank you very much.
非常感谢
Good night. Sleep tight.
晚安 好好睡
Don't let the bedbugs bite.
别让虫子咬
No. No, that's not what I meant.
不 我不是那意思
L- I didn't mean to imply we had bedbugs.
我不是说这里有虫子
L- I meant to say, "Don't let... don't let the... "
我是说别让...别让...
The Fiji Mermaids bite. Yes, that's right.
菲济人鱼咬
The Fiji Mermaids. That's right. That's...
对 菲济人鱼咬
Th-That's exactly...
我就是说...
Mulder, what is this Fiji Mermaid business?
穆德 关菲济人鱼什么事
Every murder investigation
每件案子
begins with a list of possible suspects.
都有疑犯名单
You should try not to be so exclusive, Scully.
你不要先排除任何人
As long as you try not to let the atmosphere of this town...
只要你别让气氛
distort your list all out of proportion.
把整个名单都扭曲了
What the hell?
什么鬼东西
Ah, ma'am...
女士
The sheriff... he, uh, wants to see you.
警长 他想见你
There's been another murder.
有另一桩命案
Hey, Scully, there's some blood
在窗口上有些血
on the window here we should send to the lab.
应该送去化验
Why run a test on the victim's blood?
为何要化验被害人的血
No, not this window. This window.
不是这窗口 是这边的窗口
This seems to be the point of entry,
凶手像是从这里进来的
and there's a... smear of blood on the outside of the window.
窗口外面有血渍
Why would there be blood before the attack?
为何在袭击前就流血
Why didn't the attacker just come through the open door?
为何凶手 不从打开的门进来
For a person to crawl in and out of these windows,
能够从这些窗子进来的人
they'd have to be a contortionist...
一定骨头很软
orjust plain crazy... or both.
不然就是疯子 或两者都是
While they're performing the autopsy, I wanna go down to the...
他们正在解剖 我想先去...
Yes!
太棒了
How many people do you know that
你知道有多少人能在
can get out of a straitjacket in under three minutes?
3分钟内从这紧身衣脱身
Fortunately, none.
很幸运的 没有人可以
We caught your act yesterday at the funeral.
我们见到你在葬礼的表演
That was some trick with the railroad spike.
那种表演真是捉弄人
Dr. Blockhead does not perform tricks.
硬头博士不捉弄人的
Dr. Blockhead performs astounding acts...
硬头博士表演惊人之事
of body manipulation and pain endurance.
扭曲身体或忍♥受痛楚
You must be one of those rare individuals...
你一定是少有的
whose nerve endings don't register pain.
末梢神经没有痛感的人
You just keep telling yourself that.
信不信由你
Have you ever performed this, uh, "Act" On anyone else?
你对别人做过... 像这样的事吗
What, are you sick?
你有毛病吗
I tell my audiences that if
我告诉观众
剧集 | X档案(1993) | 导航列表