We don't have to be out here, you know.
我们不必到这里来的
It's not like you're still in high school.
这不像是还在高中
We can go to the motel.
可以去汽车旅馆
I wouldn't want anyone to see us. No one will see us.
我不希望被人看到 没有人会看到我们
It's a small town.
这个镇很小
George... Come on, George.
乔治快来吧
Why'd you change your mind anyway?
你为何改变心意了
You're pretty persistent, I guess.
我猜是因为你的坚持
Squeaky wheel gets the oil? I guess so.
干柴需要烈火 大概是吧
What's wrong with right here? I could set the blanket down and...
就在这里吧 可以放条毯子
Not yet. Why not?
还不行 为什么
Because... you have to catch me first.
因为你要先捉住我
Oh, come on now! You don't want me to chase after you, do ya?
快点 别这样不是要我去追你吧
Paula!
宝拉
Paula?
宝拉
Paula...
宝拉
Where are you?
你在哪里
Son of a bitch!
他妈的
I don't know, Scully. The man
我不知道史卡利
hasn't been seen or heard from in ten weeks.
这人已经10周没消息了
Come on, Mulder. They're wasting our time.
算了穆德 他们在浪费我们的时间
They're sending us on some kind of a wild-goose chase.
派给我们追野鹅的任务
Chicken chase.
是追小鸡
George Kearns was a poultry
乔治·肯恩是派驻在阿肯色州杜利郡的
inspector assigned to Dudley, Arkansas...
家禽视察员
...home of Chaco Chicken.
查哥鸡的家乡
I'm not questioning the legitimacy of the case,
我不是质疑此案的合法性
just their motives in assigning it.
而是指派给我们的动机
Doesn't it bother you that they're undermining you?
他们在削弱你的工作 你不困扰吗
They may think they are, but on the night he disappeared...
他们也许觉得是吧 但在他失踪的那晚
...A woman on the I-10 saw a strange fire in an adjacent field.
10号♥公路上有个女士看到邻近处有怪异的火
I read that report. She claims
是的 我看了报告
that she saw some kind of a foxfire spirit.
她声称她看到某种狐火幽灵
I'm surprised she didn't call Oprah after the police.
我很讶异她报♥警♥之后没致电给脱口秀
19th-century tales from the
19世纪奥萨克的传说
Ozarks describe people being taken away by fireballs.
描述着人们被火球带走
The spirits of massacred Indians. Those are only legends.
是被屠♥杀♥的印地安幽灵 只是传说而已
Well, most legends don't leave behind 12-foot burn marks.
多数的传说并没留下12呎的烧灼痕迹
That was taken by state
这是警方
police in the field where the woman saw foxfire.
在那女士声称看到狐火的地方拍的
This could have been made by a bonfire.
这可能是营火造成的
I thought so, too. Until I remembered this.
我原也这么想直到想起这个
A documentary I saw when I was in college about an insane asylum.
我在大学时看过的纪录片 关于疯子的收♥容♥所♥
It gave me nightmares.
害我做恶梦
I thought nothing gave you nightmares.
我以为你不会做恶梦
I was young.
那时我很小
They, uh... See, they took...
他们 看他们带
They, uh... They took me away.
他们把我带走
They took me away... This... The fire demons.
他们把我带走 恶火之魔
The fire demons... wanted their pound of flesh.
恶火之魔想要他们的肉
But, uh... ...I'm too fast for 'em.
但因为我太快了
You cannot kill them. You can't let them kill you. Oh, no...
你不能杀他们 你不能让他们杀你
No, don't let them kill you. That's no way to get to heaven.
别让他们杀你 那样无法上天堂
No, sir...
不先生
No, sir. That is no way to get to heaven.
那样无法上天堂
His name was Creighton Jones.
他叫克雷琼斯
He pulled off the road on May 17th 1961 to take a nap.
1961年5月17日他在路边停车小睡
They found him three days later
3天后找到他
so deranged by what he'd seen that he was committed.
其遭遇使他发了疯
The state police found his car on the I-10,
州警在阿肯色州杜尼郡10号♥公路上
right in the middle of Dudley, Arkansas...
上找到他的车
...home of Chaco Chicken.
查哥鸡的家乡
What's this, Mulder?
这是什么穆德
That's a witches' peg. Staking it
这是女巫的钉桩
into the ground is supposed to ward off evil spirits.
钉在地上用来避开邪灵
Can I help you folks?
能为你们效劳吗
I'm Sheriff Arens. I saw you back at the turn-off.
我是亚伦警长 我看见你们在叉路转回来
FBI. I'm Special Agent Mulder
联邦调查局 我是穆德探员
This is Agent Scully.
这位是史卡利探员
We're investigating George Kearns's disappearance.
我们在调查乔治肯恩的失踪案
I'm happy to help you,
很高兴为你们服务
but I'm not sure how much there is to investigate.
但我不敢说还有多少线索可查
Sheriff, a man is missing.
有个人失踪了
We found no evidence of criminal activity.
没有犯罪行为的证据
Since no body turned up, we just filed a missing person's report.
也没有尸体 只好归为失踪人口档案
Why didn't you mention this witches' peg in your report?
在报告中你们为何没有提到女巫的钉桩
Because these hills are filled with witches' pegs.
因为这一带山区到处都是女巫的钉桩
These old hill people cling tight to their superstitions.
这些老的山区居民坚持他们的迷信
What about the scorched area? Illegal trash burn.
那被烧灼的区域呢 非法烧垃圾
I keep handing out the citations. They keep doing it anyway.
我不断的开传票 他们不断的在烧
Cheaper to pay a fine than haul it to the dump.
付罚单比把垃圾拖到垃圾场便宜
So you don't believe it's foxfire? Sir...
所以你不相信那是狐火
...foxfire's nothing more than a ghost story about swamp gas.
狐火还比不上沼气的鬼故事
Listen, Kearns was passin'
我不知道你们怎么想
through town ever since he got here six months ago.
肯恩自6个月前到这里 他就在城里进进出出
How do you mean? Never did fit in.
怎么说 从没适应过
Not at the plant, not even in his own home.
在工厂没有 甚至在他家也没有
He cheated on his wife every chance he got.
他一有机会就瞒骗他老婆
Did he have many chances?
他有很多机会吗
George is the type of man you'd
乔治是那种在镇外
expect to go chasin' some sweet young thing out of town.
追求甜美年轻女子的男人
Is that what his wife thinks happened?
那是他老婆的想法吗
Push comes to shove, I'm sure she does.
这无可逃避我确信她是的
But you're welcome to ask her yourself.
但你们可以去问她
My husband had a character that leaves something out.
我丈夫的个性是有话不说
I always knew that about him...
那种事我一向清楚
...but I didn't have the sense to
但我无能为力
do anything about it. I guess he saved me the trouble.
我猜他怕我麻烦
So you're fairly certain that he left you for somebody else?
那么你相当确定 他为别人离你而去
George left me a long time ago,
乔治早就离开我了
right around the time I turned 40.
就在我40岁的时候
Leavin' town was just a formality.
离开镇里只是个形式
Do you know who he might be with now?
知道他可能跟谁在一起吗
No. And I don't wanna know, either.
不知道我也不想知道
He was about to file this
他正准备将调查报告提交给农业部
inspection report with the Department of Agriculture...
就在他失踪的前一天
...the day before he disappeared. - I know nothing about that.
对此我一无所知
He never discussed his work with you?
他从未跟你讨论他的工作
He never told me and I never asked.
他从没说我也从没问过
He cited several health violations.
他举出一些违反健康的例证
He was gonna recommend the plant be shut down.
准备建议这家工厂关门
I don't know a thing about what went on in that plant.
我一点都不知道那家工厂发生什么事
Did he ever receive threatening
他有接到过恐吓电♥话♥
phone calls or anything unusual in the mail?
或任何不寻常的邮件吗
There were hang-ups, but I
有那种一接就挂的电♥话♥
always thought it was one of his girlfriends.
但我总以为那是他女友
I'm gonna give you my phone number.
我把电♥话♥号♥码给你
If your husband tries to contact you,
如果你丈夫跟你联络
I want you to get in touch with me.
希望你通知我们
Or if you can think of anything else.
或者你想起任何事的话
Come on, Paula. Let's go!
宝拉我们走吧
This is Jess Harold, the floor manager.
这是杰斯哈洛楼层主管
Jess, these people are with the FBI.
这两位是联邦调查局探员
You're here about George Kearns?
你们是为乔治肯恩来的吗
His disappearance may have something to do with a report...
他的失踪可能跟一份报告有关
...he was about to file with the Department of Agriculture.
他正准备将调查报告提交给农业部
Ever since he got here, George was trying to shut us down.
自从他来到这里就一直想叫我们关门
He cited multiple violations.
他举出了许多违规行为
I know. I had to answer to each one of them.
我知道我都解释过了
Was there any merit to his claims?
他的说法有错吗
剧集 | X档案(1993) | 导航列表