剧集 | 读心人(2009) | 导航列表
Nobody. I arrived early to prepare for the party.
公♥司♥没人 我提前到公♥司♥准备发布会
And you didn't... pop your head in to say hello?
你没有露面跟他打个招呼吗
Duncan prefers solitude.
邓肯比较孤僻
We try not to bother him when his door is closed.
他办公室关着门 大家都尽量不去打扰
Not if we value our jobs.
如果我们不想被炒鱿鱼的话
What do the employees think of him? Did they like him?
员工怎么评价他 大家喜欢他吗
He could be demanding some days, and dismissive others.
他有时候很吹毛求疵 或者炒别人鱿鱼
Rubbed some people the wrong way.
或者冲撞别人
They didn't know where they stood with him.
大家都不知该如何与他相处
Anyone in particular?
有没有哪个比较突出的
I know these people.
我了解公♥司♥里的人
They're game programmers, not killers.
他们都是游戏程序员 不是杀人凶手
No matter how much of a jerk Duncan could be.
不管邓肯怎么闹 大家都不至于杀人
What about outside the office? Did he have any enemies?
公♥司♥以外呢 他有仇家吗
Not that I'm aware of.
据我所知没有
You sure? There's no one you can think of? No.
你确定吗 你能想到谁吗 没有
These demands are bleeding me dry.
这些要求快要把我榨干了
Not my problem, Eddie.
那不是我的问题 艾迪
Finish the contract, or I'll ruin you.
履行合约 不然我毁了你
Try it. That would be a mistake.
放马过来吧 你会铸成大错的
You didn't see anyone arguing with him?
你没看到他和任何人争吵吗
It was heated, threats were made?
非常激烈 还互相威胁
No. These are good people.
没有 他们都是好人
Sorry I can't be of more help.
抱歉我帮不上很大的忙
We know that Duncan wasn't married,
我们知道邓肯未婚
But do you know if he was in a relationship?
但你知道他有女朋友吗
Yeah, there was definitely someone.
知道 他绝对有个女朋友
I mean, he wouldn't admit it,
虽然他不承认
but I have a sixth sense for these things.
但我在这种事上的直觉很准
Do you have a name or description?
你知道她的名字或长相吗
Duncan was a private person. He was good at keeping secrets.
邓肯很注重隐私 擅长保密
Thank you for your time.
谢谢你跟我们谈
Hey, how's it going here?
有任何发现吗
I've seen what I need to. Forensics can handle the rest.
现场的工作我已做完 剩下的交给法医了
OK, well we still haven't been able to determine
我们还没能确认
whether Duncan was killed during or prior to the party.
邓肯是在派对前还是派对时被杀
An autopsy report'll give us a clearer picture of that.
验尸后我们就会知道了
You get anything useful? Yeah.
你读到有用的线索了吗 是的
I saw a heated argument with some guy named Eddie.
我看到他跟一个叫艾迪的人激烈争吵着
Do we know anything about this guy, Eddie?
你对这个叫艾迪的人有什么了解
It kinda looked like they were in a contract dispute.
看起来他们好像有合同纠纷
Eddie wanted out and Duncan threatened to ruin him
艾迪想退出 而邓肯威胁他如果不遵守合约
if he didn't honour the contract.
就会把他毁了
Smaller game companies like this
像这样的小游戏公♥司♥
can't handle everything in house
不可能事事都自己包揽
so a lot of work is contracted out to specialty shops.
所以很多工作都会让外面的专卖♥♥店承办
Well if we go through Duncan's records
如果我们翻查邓肯的记录
and flag any recent work for hire contracts,
重点标记出最近的雇佣工
maybe we'll find this Eddie. I'm on that.
或许就能找到这个艾迪 我来查
Chasing a lead with old fashioned police work.
让我跟一个老派警♥察♥合作调查线索
You guys are spoiling me.
你们真是要把我"宠"坏了
Hey, goodnight, kids.
晚安
Oh please, go ahead. Goodnight, ladies.
女士优先 晚安 女士们
Alright girls, we're gonna... have to call it a night here.
好了姑娘们 我们今晚要打烊了
Can we have one more drink?
我们能再喝一杯吗
Pretty quick please? I'll leave a big tip.
不会耽误太久的 我会留一大笔小费的
Ha! Ha! Wow. That's a very generous offer. But,
真是出手大方啊 但是
we are over an hour past last call so,
最后一轮点酒已经过了一小时了
I would lose my license.
我会因此吊销执照的
Party pooper. Wow, OK. Well jeez,
扫兴鬼 天呐
I've definitely been called worse things than that.
不过我被骂过更难听的
So I'm not gonna take it personally.
所以我就不计较了
Thanks... And you know, if you like it, I can buy you a drink.
谢了 如果可以的话 我可以再请你喝杯
another night at a another bar?
改天晚上去别的酒吧怎么样
You're asking me out?
你是在约我吗
How old are you? You could be dating my mother.
你多老了啊 跟我妈约会还差不多
There's no need to be nasty.
没必要撕破脸皮
Ah um, do you by any chance have a picture of your mother?
你有你♥妈♥的♥照片吗
I wouldn't want to rule out any prospects.
我不想放过任何潜在对象
So we'll just put a pin in that, then?
那这事儿就暂定啦
You-- maybe until next time.
你... 要不下次吧
Come back. Come back, anytime.
随时欢迎再次光临
OK...
好吧
So why would Duncan be keeping his relationship a secret?
邓肯为什么要隐瞒恋情呢
Maybe he's trying to avoid office gossip or
或许他是想避免办公室八卦
maybe Vanessa read the signs wrong
或许凡妮莎直觉错了
and he didn't have a girlfriend.
他根本没有女友
There was nothing in his cellphone records
他的通话记录和通讯录里
or contact lists that indicate any phantom lady friend.
没什么能证明他有个幽灵女友
Tell me we have a solid lead.
有可靠的线索了吗
All of the employee statements have checked out.
所有雇员做的证词都查清楚了
None of them owns a gun. OK.
他们没人有枪 好吧
What about under the surface? You get anything?
那表面之下呢 你读到任何东西了吗
Well, yeah. Most of his team disliked him,
他的大部分手下讨厌他
some more than others.
有些人非常讨厌他
But there was a begrudging respect there.
但他们对他既嫉妒又钦佩
I didn't see any of them pull the trigger.
我没看到他们中的任何人开枪杀了他
That doesn't mean they couldn't have pulled the trigger, right?
这并不代表他们没有开枪杀他 对吧
It just means that you weren't able to see it right then.
这只能代表你没看到那一幕
That's true.
没错
What's that you got? This is Ogre Fury.
这是什么 这是怪兽之怒
This is the game that Duncan was working on
这个游戏是邓肯耗费过去四年所研制的
for the past 4 years. Dev said we should check this out.
戴夫说我们该看看
No, thanks. I don't do video games.
不用了 我不玩电子游戏
Well, you should.
你该玩玩
It's scientifically proven to keep the mind sharp.
科学证明那会使你保持思维敏捷
It helps maintain hand-eye coordination.
维持手眼协调能力
That's what the gun range is for. Hey, d'ya find our guy?
射击靶场练习就有这作用 你找到那人了吗
That's him. That's Edward Duffy.
就是他 这是爱德华·达菲
He owns the motion capture studio that was contracted
他是动作捕捉工作室的老板
to do the CJ animation for Duncan's game.
承包了邓肯游戏的CJ动画制♥作♥
Just pretend I'm not a game nerd.
别管我懂不懂 继续说吧
Motion capture. When the performance
动作捕捉 录制下一位演员的
of a live actor is recorded and then it's reskinned
现场表演 然后把脸改成
as a character from the game.
游戏里的人物
Basically, it makes everything more real.
简单说 它会让一切变得更真实
It's like you're playing a movie.
让你身临其境
God, I miss Pacman.
天呐 我可真怀念"吃豆人"
Duffy's business is tanking,
达菲的事业很糟糕
Fulfilling the contract was costing more than he was making.
履行合约让他赔了钱
So, the longer the job went on, the deeper he went in the hole.
所以只要这份工不停 他就会赔得越来越多
That's why they were arguing.
这就是为什么他们在争吵
See, Eddie wanted out of the contract before he went broke.
艾迪想在破产前 解除合约
Duncan wouldn't budge. Yeah, but once the game was released,
邓肯不肯让步 没错 但一旦游戏上市
wouldn't he make his money back?
他不就把钱赚回来啦
Subcontractors work for a set fee,
承包商的工钱是固定的
they're not in line to make a penny from the profit.
他们不能从利润中拿钱
Sounds like motive. Nice work.
听起来动机有了 干得不错
Thanks, but that's not all.
谢谢 但这不是全部
I looked at the rest of the contracts
我看了其它的合约
and I found another deal that seemed even more predatory.
发现一个看起来更损人利己的交易
Dynamic solutions. What do these guys do?
动感方案 他们是干嘛的
They write dynamic libraries
他们为大多游戏写构建块
stock elements that are the building blocks for most games.
就是储存数据元素的动态库
Duncan bought Dynamic's code for a steal,
邓肯低价买♥♥了动态公♥司♥的代码
much less than it's valued,
远不配它的价值
which is unusual in such a competitive market.
在这样的竞争市场里很不常见
Who was Duncan dealing with over there?
这公♥司♥里是谁跟邓肯打得交道
Simon Fields.
西蒙·菲尔兹
Alright. Let's divide and conquer.
好吧 我们各个击破吧
剧集 | 读心人(2009) | 导航列表