剧集 | 读心人(2009) | 导航列表
The cleaner upstairs heard the shot and called 911.
楼上的清洁工听到了枪声报了警
By the time Metro got here, the killer was long gone.
等到警♥察♥赶到时 杀手早跑了
What about surveillance?
那监控录像呢
I already checked the tapes. There's nothing.
我已经去查过录像带了 全被拿走了
Seems our killer knew what they were doing.
看来我们的凶手深谙其道
Didn't really leave us anything to work with.
没给我们留什么线索
Even picked up the shell casing.
甚至把弹壳都拿走了
But, they didn't check Vaughn's body
但是 他们没有检查沃恩的尸体
'cause if they did,
因为如果他们检查了的话
they would have found this - a piece of Mylar.
他们就会发现这个 一块聚酯薄膜
It was tucked inside Vaughn's coat.
就塞在了沃恩的大衣里
Also found some matching fragments against the wall.
还在墙上发现了些与之匹配的碎片
I uh, read Vaughn and he was thinking
我之前读到沃恩 他在想
"two places at once",
"分身术"
"Girl to gorilla" And "Pepper's ghost".
"女孩变成大猩猩 佩珀尔幻象"
You think you can do anything with that?
你觉得你能查看看吗
Yeah let me see what I can do.
我尽力
Mellini knows his way around the building
穆里尼知道此楼的构造
and he knows how to cover his tracks.
也知道如何隐匿行踪
But even for someone with
但即便穆里尼能耐了得
Mellini's skillset this is a risky move.
杀死沃恩也很铤而走险
Maybe he likes toying with us.
或许他喜欢耍我们
But why kill Vaughn? He knew Vaughn was onto him.
但为什么要杀沃恩 他知道沃恩在查他
In cold blood. It lacks a magician's flair.
毫不留情 没有魔术的感觉
I don't know, maybe you're overthinking this.
我不知道 或许你多想了
You know we have Mellini waiting for us in interrogation
穆里尼正等着让我们审呢
let's see if we can get him to crack.
让我们看看能否让他全盘托出
My powers of perception tell me that you, sergeant,
我的第六感告诉我 警官
have already decided that I'm guilty.
已判定我有罪了
But I get the feeling
但我感觉到
that you, Mr. Logan, aren't so convinced.
洛根先生你还有些动摇
Where were you last night at 9:45?
你昨晚9点45分时在哪儿
I was working on some new material.
我在研究新的魔术
No you weren't. You were drinking. Alone.
才不是 你在独自买♥♥醉
So you've got no alibi for Vaughn's homicide.
所以你没有沃恩被杀时的不在场证明
Your alibi for the night of the gala didn't check out either.
演出当晚的不在场证明也被推♥翻♥了
So you're looking good for two homicides.
你面临着要被起诉为两起命案的凶手
You have no leverage here other than the truth.
你别无他法 只能讲实话了
I've told you the truth. No, you haven't.
我跟你讲实话了 才没有
We know you were below the stage at the gala.
我们知道你演出时在舞台下面
What were you doing there?
你当时在那儿干嘛
I was below the stage, yes. But not at the gala.
我是在舞台下面 但不是在演出时
I was there the night before at 5am.
我是在那天凌晨五点前去的
I broke in, I took photos,
我闯了进去 照了照片
I made notes, I drew diagrams.
做了笔记 画了草图
I took exactly what I needed. I don't follow.
我只拿走了我所需的 我不明白
I was stealing Dante's secrets.
我在盗取但丁的魔术秘密
I wanted to do to him what he did to me
我想以其人之道还治其人之身
and sell them to another magician.
卖♥♥给其他魔术师
When Dante sold my secrets,
当时但丁把我的魔术秘密卖♥♥了
my act became old hat.
让我的表演变成了老生常谈
I can't get booked anymore.
没人来看
I have an ex-wife and two children to support.
我还得养前妻和两个孩子
Why didn't you tell us this before?
你怎么之前不告诉我们这件事
I was ashamed.
我觉得很丢人
I lowered myself to his level.
让自己变得跟他一样不光彩
I broke the oath.
我违背了誓言
I can never forgive myself for that.
我没法原谅自己
My read's backed up everything he said,
我的读到的证实了他说的话
I don't think Mellini killed anybody.
我觉得穆里尼没有杀人
I'm with Toby. Well for once, I agree.
我同意 这次我也同意
Where does that leave us? No suspects.
这给我们带来了什么结果 没有嫌疑人
OK guys I have something that I think will turn
我有所发现
those frowns upside down.
我觉得会让你们满意的
I think our killer was a ghost. Pepper's ghost.
我觉得我们的凶手是个幻象 佩珀尔幻象
Pepper's ghost. I got Vaughn thinking about that.
佩珀尔幻象 我读到沃恩在想这个
Check this out.
看
This dude is John Henry Pepper, OK?
这人是约翰·亨利·佩珀尔
He perfected a technique in the 1800s
他在19世纪完善一个技巧
that changed magic forever. If you...
使其对魔术产生了深远影响 如果你
line up a mirror
竖起一面镜子
or a sheet of Plexiglas or Mylar,
也可以是一片树脂玻璃或聚酯薄膜
and angle the light just so
然后调整光线
you can morph objects into each other.
使物体互相变形转换
Or make them appear or disappear, OK?
或是控制物体出现或消失 对吧
Pepper's ghost has been used in illusions
佩珀尔幻象已经被用来产生幻觉
for hundreds of years.
长达数百年了
Even today, the same principles
即使现在 《图派克复生》中图派克
were used to "Resurrect" Tupac at Coachella.
在科切拉音乐节的表演也用了这个原理
Where are you going with this, Corporal?
你到底什么意思
Well. Vaughn found a piece of Mylar
沃恩在观众席后面
at the back of the auditorium. I did forensics on it,
找到了一张聚酯薄膜 我取了证
and what I found was, it's a specialized form of Mylar.
发现那是聚酯薄膜的专化型
Specifically designed to reflect holograms.
专门用来反射出全息图的
OK, so a projection at the right angle
通过正确的角度
would make it appear as though the killer
可以反射显现好像
was standing at the back of the house.
凶手正站在屋子后面
But in fact, he was beneath the stage at the exact moment,
但事实上 他那时正在舞台下
sabotaging the trick. When he was done,
从中捣鬼 当他完成后
he went back to his original spot
他再回到原来的位置
and no one ever knew he was gone.
没人会知道他曾离开过
Exactly.
没错
Now,
现在
so who was at the back of the house?
到底谁在屋子后面呢
OK let me show you a camera angle
给你看一段由一个背对舞台冲着观众的
from the stage pointed at the audience.
摄像头所录的监控视频
Steve Parrish, the owner of the Magic Cavern.
史蒂夫·帕里什 魔法宝窟的老板
But he loved him like a brother, why would he kill him?
但他爱他视如兄弟 为什么要杀他
That's the 250 million dollar question.
杀死他可会保住两亿五千万美元呢
Guys, I might be high on cheesy poofs,
伙计们 也许我芝士条是吃多了
but I think I found something.
但我好像找到了线索
Found an email trail
找到一系列邮件
between Parrish and a real estate developer.
是帕里什和房♥产开♥发♥商的通信
It seems Parrish had the developer lined up for a sale.
看起来帕里什本想和他做生意
Lucrative, too. But then it fell through.
是笔高利润的大交易 但最后没谈成
In an email, Parrish alludes to a heavy hitter
在一封邮件中 帕里什暗示阻碍交易的
on the board who blocked the sale
是位董事会里的大人物
and this same heavy hitter is referred to as FB.
他称这位大人物为FB
Felix Barclay.
菲力克斯·巴克利
Parrish is the majority owner,
帕里什是大股东
why didn't he just push it through?
他为什么不强行通过
For a sale,
要想出♥售♥物产
Parrish needs the unanimous approval of the board.
帕里什需要董事会的一致同意
And Felix was the chairman. Well apparently,
而菲力克斯恰好是会长 显然
Felix had been making noise about having the Cavern
菲力克斯最近致力于申请让宝窟
declared a heritage site.
被认证为历史文化遗迹
Once a building becomes a heritage site,
一旦房♥屋被认证为历史文化遗迹
it's almost impossible to sell.
就几乎不可能出♥售♥了
Yeah. So, maybe Parrish thought
没错 也许帕里什认为
he had no other choice than to get rid of his friend.
为了这笔交易 他只能除掉自己的朋友
So we can establish motive, means and opportunity.
现在我们有了作案动机 手法和机会
But that's not enough.
但这还不够
Well we've gone over the forensics
我们仔细查过所有物证
and there's no witnesses, no video surveillance
既没有证人也没有监控录像
no physical evidence linking him to either of the murders.
没任何实物证据能证明他与任何一宗案件有关
Without solid evidence there's only one way to convict,
在没有证据的情况下 只有一种办法能定罪
confession.
自行认罪
We gotta hit him with everything we got
用我们手头上的证据吓唬他
and hope he cracks.
希望能吓到他认罪
Parrish is careful and calculating,
帕里什行事小心谨慎
剧集 | 读心人(2009) | 导航列表