剧集 | 权欲第二章(2020) | 导航列表
Thank you.
离开欧洲 离开他们的家庭
Leaving Europe, their family,
离开他们的语言 去追求更好的生活
and their language behind for a chance at a better life.
你认为美国为什么有最高的移♥民♥率
Why do you think America has the highest immigration rate?
美国的理念和美国的现实
America the idea and America the reality
是两种完全不同的东西
are two completely different beasts.
确实
Facts.
移♥民♥教会我们 你必须抓住别人的机会
I mean, the settlers taught us that you have to take
才能得到自己的机会
someone else's chance to get your own.
不平等... 才是美国的基础
Inequality... that is the foundation of America,
而不是救赎
not redemption.
还有呢
Hello?
看看我们的监狱系统
Look at our prison system.
被监禁的人被告知
The incarcerated are told
刑满释放后可以重头再来
they'll get a do-over after they do their time,
但我们却给他们打上烙印
yet we stigmatize them
剥夺他们的投票权
and take away their voting rights
让他们找不到工作和住房♥
so they can't get jobs or housing.
这算哪门子第二次机会啊
What kind of second chance is that?
听着很私人呢
Sounds personal.
没准就是呢
Maybe it is.
杰基 有问题吗
Is that a problem, Jackie?
看到了吗 这就是她所说的污名
You see that? That's the stigma that she's talking about.
美国黑人的监禁率
Black Americans are incarcerated
是白人的五倍
at five time the rate of whites.
我们不能在不承认种族的情况下
We can't have conversations about equity or redemption
谈论公平或救赎
without acknowledging race.
对 我同意你的看法
Yeah, I agree.
我们都看到了
I mean, we all saw what happened
我哥哥上学期发生的事
to my brother last semester.
如果他是非白色人种
If he were BIPOC,
他现在就不会在华尔街
he wouldn't be on Wall Street right now.
他会被关起来 没有赎罪的机会
He'd be locked up with no chance at redemption.
你说的是人们做出的决定
You're talking about decisions people make,
而不是他们得到的机会
not chances they're given.
如果第二次机会是美国人与生俱来的
Look, if second chances are so innately American,
那么不管我们做了什么决定 不都应该得到一次吗
don't we all deserve one despite our decisions?
好吧 "我们"和"所有人"这两个词
Okay, so the words "We" and "All"
在这个国家用得很多
are used a lot in this country,
但谁相信这只适用于少数特权阶层呢
but who believes that only applies to a privileged few?
莫奈: 我需要你帮我查一下 齐克死的那晚 那个老外瓜浦在哪
班内特教授
Uh, Professor Bennet?
能说句话吗 打扰了
Can I have a word? Excuse me.
泰特议员 - 嗨 塔里克
Councilman Tate. - Hey, Tariq.
根据我们上次的谈话
I have some useful information for you
我有一些有用的信息要告诉你
based on our last conversation.
真的吗
Really?
小兄弟 是什么样的信息呢
What kind of information might that be, young brother?
你联调局的朋友可能会喜欢的信息
Information that your Fed friends might like.
我听着呢
I'm listening.
好吧 道上传言 是瓜浦帮里的老外杀了齐克
A'ight, the streets are saying International Guap killed Zeke.
据推测 这是为GTG
Supposedly, it's a get-back kill
死掉的那些人报仇
for all the bodies that dropped from GTG.
他已经死了
He's dead now.
道上是这么说的哈
The streets are saying this, huh?
对
Yeah.
结束对即将进入顶尖NBA球队的
You know, wrapping up the murder investigation
纽约大学生的谋杀调查
of New York's top NBA-bound college student
正是他们现在需要的
is exactly what they need for press right now,
因为齐克是我们这代人的伦·拜亚斯
seeing as Zeke is my generation's Len Bias.
已故前NCAA球员 在1986年被凯尔特人队选中 NBA选秀大会两天后死于可♥卡♥因♥中毒
好的
Mm, all right.
非常感谢
I appreciate that.
我会把这个消息传过去的
I, uh, will pass the information along.
好了 我得走了 要迟到了
A'ight, let me get up out of here. I'm running late.
至詹妮: 我有线索要告诉你
我们常驻的科技投资大♥师♥柯克
KeKe, our resident tech investment guru,
让我们离与意大利新兴科技公♥司♥纳沃那的合作
has brought us a step closer to jumping in bed
又近了一步
with emerging Italian tech company Navona.
是的 凭借他们最新的产品
Yes, and with their newest products,
他们预计将在未来两年内
they are projected to be a giant in the industry
成为行业巨头
within the next two years.
多亏了一点人际关系的建设
And thanks to a little relationship-building,
我们是第一批投资的人
we are first in line to invest.
RSJ 作为我们最新的有限合伙人
RSJ, as our newest limited partner,
我们想在完成交易之前
we wanted to give you the opportunity
让你有机会看看这家公♥司♥
to see the company and meet the primary players
见见主要的参与者
before we consummate.
我会带布雷登
I'll be bringing Brayden along
去协助我们
to assist with whatever we need.
我们也感谢你
And we also thank you
在这么紧急的时刻让我们用你的飞机
for letting us use your jet so last-minute.
有飞机就得用
That's what it's there for.
布雷登和塔里克为我们整理了
Brayden and Tariq have pulled together
一些纳沃那研究
some Navona research for us.
是的 我翻译了一些他们的公开声明
Yes, I translated some of their public statements
和他们当地的管理评估
and their local assessments of management.
都很符合柯克的分♥析♥
And it all matches KeKe's analysis.
我很想知道
I'm interested to see
在面对面时 我能从他们身上获得什么
what I can get out of them face-to-face.
塔里克 你会过去做翻译吗
Tariq, you'll be there to translate?
塔里克年纪太小 不适合这种旅行
Tariq's a little junior for a trip like this.
跟我谈生意的时候就不嫌小了
But not too junior to get my business?
莫非你这里还有其他职位要求
Unless there's some other qualifications
能说明为什么你会让你的非裔美国实习生
as to why you would have your African American intern
和我见面 却不能和意大利人见面
in meetings with me but not the Italians.
塔里克虽然只是个实习生
Tariq may be an intern,
但我们希望他能在这里大展宏图
but we hope he has a bright future here.
那你不会介意我邀请塔里克吧
Then you won't mind if I extend an invitation to Tariq,
因为他是这里唯一一个
considering he's the only one in this room
会讲意大利语的
who speaks Italian.
那倒没错
It's true.
完全不反对
No objections whatsoever.
这个嘛 其实我和我女朋友
Well, actually, me and my girlfriend
这周末有计划
have plans this weekend.
我相信她会理解的
Oh, she'll understand, I'm sure.
我想的是
I mean, what I was thinking was,
既然我们要去探索
since we're going to explore
一家科技公♥司♥的潜力
the potential of a tech company,
她主修工程学 专门研究机器人
she's an engineering major who specializes in robotics.
你没必要说服我
You don't have to sell me.
飞机上有的是空间 你女朋友坐得下
There's plenty of room on the plane for your plus-one.
卢卡斯
Oh, and Lucas, uh,
我给我们找了个少年队
I got us covered with the junior team.
这
Uh, the...
纳沃那的负责人在等我呢 所以
Navona principals are expecting me, so...
我发现 在这种事实调查任务中
I've found that in fact-finding missions like these,
有时最好的方法是
sometimes, the best approach is to...
打破预期
disrupt expectations,
让他们说服我
make them sell me,
而不是让他们自以为
as opposed to letting them feel
一切都尘埃落定
that they have it all wrapped up.
相信我
Trust me.
这将使谈判对我们有利
It'll push negotiations into our favor.
你看见没
You see?
所以我才知道我们是"天作之合"
This is why I knew this would be such a great fit.
我已经学会了许多
I'm learning so much already.
停机坪见
I'll see the rest of you on the tarmac.
我的助理米奇 会让你知晓详细情况
My assistant, Mickey, will make sure you have the details.
卢卡斯 柯克
Lucas, KeKe.
祝你们今日愉快
Have a good day.
泰特: 你这个小骗子
好久不见 塔里克
剧集 | 权欲第二章(2020) | 导航列表