剧集 | 鬼语者(2005) | 导航列表
None taken.
我可不接受
What?
什么
I was just hopin' you'd
我刚刚还指望你
throw a "No Offense" my way,
能跟我说句"无意冒犯" 的
but guess I gave you too much credit.
但看来我过于相信你了
Oh, no, no, no, no, no.
不不不
But your son Ned, he's different. He's a--
但是你儿子内德不一样的 他是..
He's a teen or tween
他是青年还是青少年
or whatever they're called.
不知道他们怎么叫
Teen'll do. He's a teen.
青少年 他是个青少年
And look, he's interacting. Cyclical conversation.
他有回应 可以交流的
He's fine. He's self-sufficient.
他很好 他可以自给自足
Nina's son isn't going to be self-sufficient,
妮娜的儿子却不可能自给自足
and he's gonna be a complete germ bag, for crying out loud.
他以后只会成天地嚎啕大哭
Hey. You are a mom. You could help me.
你是个妈妈 你肯定能帮我
You--you can watch this kid while I go to lunch.
我去吃午饭的时候 你来帮忙照看孩子
Oh, sorry, but I am taking my son
对不起 我要带我儿子
on a dicey single-mom lunch.
去吃一顿危险单身母亲的午饭
Let's go, Ned.
走吧 内德
So what's the deal with that guy?
那个人是怎么回事
Don't even look at me.
看都别看我
Hi, guys.
各位好啊
This is Elliot.
这是埃利奥特
El, it's Professor Payne.
小挨 这是佩恩教授
Hello, young man. How are you?
你好 年轻人 过得好吗
Hello, Professor Payne.
你好 佩恩教授
Please, call me, uh--
请叫我...
actually, call me professor. That's good.
其实叫我教授也不错
Hi. Elliot, I'm Melinda.
你好 埃利奥特 我是梅林达
Some people think dust is mostly flakes from human skin.
有人认为灰尘多数是从人的皮肤上掉落的
Elliot.
埃利奥特
A-actually dust is a lot of things.
事实上灰尘是很多东西组成的
Could be pet dander, pollen.
可能是宠物的皮屑 花粉
It could be soot.
也可能是烟灰
Yeah, but it's overall makeup depends on where you live.
但是你的生活环境决定了灰尘的组成
I think the human skin thing was started to sell dust spray.
我认为人类的皮肤起源于出♥售♥灰尘喷雾
Are you an academician?
你是大学老师吗
Oh, spare me.
饶了我吧
Nobody but Rick's that pretentious.
没人比里奇更爱炫耀了
As a matter of fact, I am.
事实上 我是的
Why would you ask me that?
你为什么这么问
So's my dad.
我爸爸也是大学老师
You see, his, um,
你知道的 他的...
dad's not really in the picture. He's--
爸爸其实并不在他身边 他...
he's on an extended sabbatical in India.
他在印度休长假
They can't get text messages there.
他们在那里收不到任何信息
Mind if I take a look at your victrola?
我能看一下你的留声机吗
No. Go right ahead.
当然可以 请便
Uh, Elliot, how old are you exactly?
埃利奥特 你几岁了
Almost 10, Sir. That's a decade.
快十岁了 先生 那是一个十年
When's your birthday?
你生日是什么时候
August 27. I'm a Virgo.
8月27日 我是处♥女♥座
And we broke up in...
我们分手是在...
This isn't happening.
这不是真的吧
Maybe it's not what it seems.
也许事实不是我们想的那样
Can I talk to you alone?
我能和你单独谈谈吗
I just remembered we've got a,
我刚想起来我们...
uh, thing we're gonna be late for.
有点事情要迟到了
El, baby, come on. We gotta go. Come on.
小埃 宝贝 过来 我们要走了
Nice to meet you all. Bye, guys.
很高兴认识你们 再见各位
There's no way I'm that kid's father, right?
我不可能是那孩子的父亲 对吧
Well, ignoring what she's already told him about his Dad,
先不管她跟孩子说过的他父亲的情况
the fact that he seems to have your DNA, math--
事实上他似乎遗传了你的数学天分...
You're not helping.
你一点也帮不上忙
You asked. I know I asked.
是你问我的 我知道
You could always take a paternity test.
你可以做亲子鉴定
And confirm something that I don't want to be true?
去证明一件我并不希望成真的事吗
She hasn't exactly demanded one.
她并没有要求过
It's my own damn fault for chasing after her.
是我的错 非要追着她不放
I--I didn't want kids when I was married,
我结婚的时候都不想要孩子
let alone now.
更别说现在了
Oh, neither do I, not yet anyway.
我也不想要 现在还不是时候
Why don't you want kids? Do you mind me asking?
你为什么不想要孩子 介意我问问吗
I do mind, actually,
其实介意
but I will answer. It's your porch.
但是我可以告诉你 因为这是你的地盘
Kids are a huge responsibility, and, uh, I'm selfish.
孩子是个巨大的责任 而我很自私
What's your excuse?
你的借口又是什么
I'm afraid of juggling, you know, the--
我惧怕欺骗 你知道的 那个...
the feeding and the diapers while dead people harass me.
在喂奶或者换尿片的时候有死人来骚扰我
You win.
你赢了
I can't be a Dad.
我当不了父亲的
Look at me. I'm not father material.
你看我 我天生不是做父亲的料
I'm a miscreant of epic proportions.
我是个百年难遇的坏蛋
Well, that's true. All right.
那倒是真的 好了
Besides, we don't even know
而且 我们也不知道
if this is what Nina wants.
这是不是妮娜想要的
Who knows what Nina wants?
谁知道妮娜想要什么呀
There's one way to find out.
有一个方法可以知道
I--you know what? I hate talking to you.
你知道吗 我真讨厌跟你说话
I promote to a knight.
骑士进一步
Dang it.
见鬼
I found out I was pregnant after you left,
你离开以后 我才发现自己怀孕了
and I was so scared, Ricky.
我当时很害怕 里奇
And I was gonna tell you, but you were...
我想告诉你的 但是你当时...
already with Kate,
已经和凯特在一起了
happy.
很幸福
From the sounds of it,
从他那天说的来看
you've all but told him I'm his Dad.
你好像已经告诉他 我是他父亲了
No. I just kind of, you know, dress it up a little.
不 我只是 稍微修饰了一下
That way, if he ever does find out,
这样的话 如果他哪天发现了事实真♥相♥
it won't be such a shock to him.
不会对他造成很大的冲击
Does he have a right to know who's his father?
他有权知道谁是他的父亲吗
It's complicated. Check.
这很复杂的 将军
What again?
又是怎么回事
Hmm. Nice.
厉害
And he's mine.
他是我儿子
He's brilliant.
他非常聪明
He didn't get it from me.
这不是从我这遗传的
Don't underestimate yourself.
别小看你自己了
Nah. I, uh-- I tried to enroll him
我想让他去
at Archfield Academy.
阿奇菲尔德小学念书
That's good. That's a good school
很好啊 那所学校很不错的
for Pint-Sized Mensas.
在小山案星座方面
Eh, it's not gonna happen, so...
不可能进去的 所以...
Wait a minute. This kid could get into Yale.
等等 这孩子以后能上耶鲁的
There's no way he didn't get accepted there.
他不可能不被录取的
Eh, he did.
他被录取了
It's just they--they only have
只是 他们只有
2 Financial Aid Slots open.
两个助学金名额
He seems to be doin' ok at public school.
他在公立学校也不错
Public school? Nina, no.
公立学校 妮娜 不行
No, this kid's a genius.
不行 这孩子是个天才
You put him in public school,
你把他送到公立学校
it's like putting raw meat in a piranha tank.
就好比把一块生肉放进食人鱼的鱼缸里
They'll eat him alive.
他们会生吃了他的
You can't do that to him.
你不能这么对他
I don't sell enough Antidepressants to pay for it.
我卖♥♥抗抑郁药的钱根本不够给他交学费
When Kate died,
凯特死后
I got a call from my Life Insurance Company.
我接到了人寿保险公♥司♥的电♥话♥
Here's my wife of 8 years dies in a freak accident.
在一起八年的妻子死于一起可怕的事故
剧集 | 鬼语者(2005) | 导航列表