剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表
今天是星期五
I'm not bringing this jury back.
我不会让陪审团再回来的
You have two minutes.
你只有两分钟
I'll confer with my client.
我会和我的当事人商量的
It's got a two-minute clock, Eugene,
只有两分钟,Eugene
and it's final.
这也是最终的条件
Excuse me, please.
容我们商量一下
Don't anybody scream.
谁也别喊出声来
$1.6 million.
一百六十万美金
No, why?
为什么?
What?
怎么回事?
He must've been authorized to settle
他一定是被授权当他看陪审团的表情不妙的时候
if he didn't like the faces of the jury.
可以提出和解条件
Something tells him we've won.
他感到我们会赢
And a verdict against them is too devastating,
且对他们的判决太具破坏性了
even if it's overturned on appeal.
即使这个判决在上诉时被推♥翻♥
Should we take it?
我们应该接受吗?
It's a lot of money.
这是一大笔钱
Let's take our chances.
我们冒个险吧
What?!
什么?!
You said that they couldn't possibly
你说过他们不可能
have computed damages so fast.
这么快算出损害赔偿金的
Well, maybe they did pick a big fat number.
也许陪审团就是挑了个巨额数字呢
And if we got them, we'll let them off.
如果我们接受和解条件就会放过了他们
$1.6 million is a lot to walk away from.
一百六十万是可以坦然接受的一大笔钱呀
Not enough to make them hurt, and if the idea--
还不足以让他们遭到重创,如果。。。
Excuse me one second.
容我们单独谈一下
What are you doing?
你在干什么?
This is a verdict that could send a message, Jimmy.
这是一个具有示范性的判决, Jimmy
We're this close.
我们就要成功了
It's not about sending a message.
这跟示范性无关
It's about getting a result for our client.
这是和给我们当事人一个满意的结果有关
And $1.6-- The faces on those jurors--
- 一百六十万。。。
- 那些陪审员的表情。。。
BERLUTI: We don't know what those faces mean.
我们不确定那些表情是什么意思
I realize you may want to stick it
我意识到你也许想狠狠地整一下造酒行业
to the alcohol industry.
我意识到你也许想狠狠地整一下造酒行业
I'm only thinking about the client.
我只考虑当事人的利益
JOSHUA: What is going on?
怎么回事?
BERLUTI: We're divided.
我们有分歧
I think you should take it.
我认为你应该接受
Eugene votes to reject it.
Eugene反对
I have a feeling, that's all I can say.
我有感觉,我只能这么说
It's not a science.
这不是科学研究
Let's hear what the jury says.
让我们听听陪审团怎么说吧
Joshua.
Eugene?
你的意见呢?
If you want to make them pay,
如果你想让他们付出代价
$1.6 million is a drop in the bucket.
一百六万美金只是九牛一毛
Let's reject it.
我们拒绝吧
The offer is rejected, Your Honor.
我们拒绝和解条件,法官大人
Very well.
那好
Mr. Foreman, what say you?
陪审团主席先生,请宣布裁决
In the matter of the estate
Michael Berry遗属
of Michael Berry versus Portiss Brewery,
诉Portiss啤酒厂意外致死罪名一案
on the count of wrongful death,
诉Portiss啤酒厂意外致死罪名一案
we, the jury, find in favor of the plaintiff.
我们陪审团判原告胜诉
And order the defendant to pay compensatory damages
责令被告方支付损害赔偿金
in the amount of $700,000.
70万美金
We further order the defendant to pay punitive damages
我们进一步责令被告支付惩罚性赔偿金
in the amount of $125 million.
一亿两千五百万美金
Defense moves for a judgment, notwithstanding the verdict!
被告方请求法庭否决陪审团裁决!
Denied.
驳回请求
We appeal!
我们提请上诉!
So noted.
予以记录在案
Members of the jury,
陪审团成员们
thank you for your service.
感谢你们的服务
You're excused.
你们可以离开了
And this matter is adjourned.
本案休庭
MARGARET: Oh, my God.
噢,天呀
This will be appealed.
会上诉的
It'll be a long time before you see any money, but...
你要花很长时间才能拿到钱,但是。。。
this is... A good start.
这是。。。良好的开端
I don't know what to say.
我不知道说什么好
Neither do I.
我也是
I tried to persuade her
我试图说服她来探访室
to come to the visiting room.
我试图说服她来探访室
It's okay. Is she all right?
没关系,她还好吗?
I think so. She's...
我想是的,她。。。
she just doesn't want to come out,
她就是不想出来
and I didn't really want to force her.
我不太想强迫她
Denise?
Hi. I'm sorry.
嗨,对不起
I didn't, um, I didn't--
我,呃,我。。。
I didn't feel safe. I'm--
我觉得不安全,我。。。
I know it's not rational,
我知道这是有些不清醒
and I realize that I am just a couple of pills away
我意识我吃几片药就会好些,但即使那样。。。
from feeling better, but even so--
我意识我吃几片药就会好些,但即使那样。。。
I mean, do you mind?
我是说,你介意吗?
I just--I feel more comfortable in here.
我就是觉得这里挺舒服
No problem.
没关系
What's the news?
有什么消息?
There is no news.
没有消息
I just came by to tell you
我只是来告诉你
that all the doctors are lined up,
所有的医生证人都准备好了
the appeal is being drafted,
上诉状也在起草中
and we're ready to file as soon as...
我们准备一旦你。。。
As soon as I arrive at my destination?
一旦我达到那个程度?
FRUTT: Basically.
差不多是吧
How you doing?
你怎么样?
I'm okay.
还好
I'm okay.
我还好
I'm heading into that
我快要变成
I-don't-feel-like-being- inside-my-skin part
我-感觉-不到-我的皮-肤里-
but I'm all right.
但我还好
FRUTT: Listen, I'm gonna stop by daily
听我说,我每天都会来
and check up on you, okay?
看看你的情况,好吗?
You know where to find me.
你知道在哪里能找到我
I don't travel much.
我不经常旅行
It's just as well. It's not safe, is it?
那也一样,不安全,是吧?
剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表