剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表
No.
不行
You came off like a strange man.
你表现得像个怪人
Add to that two of the victims were last seen with you.
加上两个受害人最后被看见是和你在一起
And the third--
而第三个。。。
I agree with Eugene.
我同意Eugene的意见
It's a big risk.
风险太大了
Neither of us has a good feeling here.
我们俩感觉都不妙
And they're offering manslaughter?
他们提出过失杀人的认罪条件了吗?
They haven't offered anything yet.
他们什么都还没有提
I need to speak to Ms. Gamble personally.
我需要私下和Ga谈谈mble女士
Why? RUSSELL: I just do.
- 为什么?
- 我就想这样
I need to speak to her
我需要和她谈谈
before I would even consider a plea.
在我考虑认罪之前
I don't know who put the notion of plea
我不知道是谁让你脑子里
into your head,
有了认罪协议这个想法
but if you think I'd offer manslaughter...
但如果你觉得我会提出过失杀人。。。
What can we get?
那给我们提什么条件?
Murder two. YOUNG: Oh, come on, Helen.
- 二级谋杀
- 算了吧,Helen
This could be a straight not guilty.
裁决可能干脆就是无罪
You've got no forensics evidence...
你们法医证据。。。
GAMBLE: Eugene, I can live with an acquittal,
Eugene,无罪开释我能接受
but the politics of letting a man
但一个我们认为是
we consider to be a serial killer
系列杀手的人以过失杀人开脱
get off on manslaughter...
带来的政♥治♥影响。。。
I would think the important thing
我认为最重要的是
would be to get him off the street.
把他关起来就好
If you brought me in here to discuss manslaughter,
如果你们叫我来就是讨论过失杀人认罪的问题
talk time's over.
那就没什么好谈的了
They brought you in because I wanted to talk to you,
他们叫你来是因为我想和你谈谈
Ms. Gamble.
Gamble女士
I want you to know I don't blame you.
我想让你知道我并不怪你
If you truly believe I'm guilty,
如果你真的相信我有罪
I would expect you to be zealous against me.
我预料到你会死咬着我不放
I have no hard feelings.
我对此没有怨恨
I don't care.
我没所谓
RUSSELL: One other thing,
有件别的事
I majored in psychology at Northeastern.
我在东北大学主修心理学
I took many courses in criminal psychology.
我研修了许多犯罪心理学课程
I wish you had taken a few, because if you had,
我巴不得你学过几门,因为如果那样的话
you'd know I'm innocent.
你就会知道我是无辜的
I majored in English lit, bummer.
我主修英语文学,你个倒霉蛋
RUSSELL: I read and reread that message you received.
你收到的信息我读了一遍又一遍
My interpretation is that whoever sent it
我的理解是无论是谁发的
doesn't want me convicted.
都不想我被定罪
He's angry with you.
他对你有气
Perhaps the real killer doesn't like the attention
也许真正的凶手不喜欢
and credit going to me.
这笔账记到我头上
In any event,
无论如何
I firmly believe
我坚信
that if you continue to prosecute me zealously,
如果你继续死咬着我不放
you will be killed.
你也会被杀的
Are you threatening me, Mr. Bakey?
Bakey先生,你这是在威胁我吗?
Me? No.
我?不
I'm only saying that whoever sent this,
我只是说不管是谁发的
in my opinion,
在我看来
intends very much to kill you
都很想杀了你
if you don't back off.
如果你不收手的话
Russell.
I think she should know this.
我想她应该知道这些
There's no shame in losing.
输了并不丢人
Everybody knows the state's case is thin.
大家都知道这个案子检方证据不足
But winning that could be deadly.
但赢的代价可能是致命的
Helen, would you excuse us please?
Helen,请先回避一下好吗?
Are you out of your mind?
你疯了吗?
To me the message seemed dangerous.
对我来说,这个信息似乎很危险
That's all I was saying.
我说的不过就是这些
From my experience,
根据我的经验
women never seem to recognize danger.
女人们似乎从来意识不到危险
What's that supposed to mean?
你此话怎么讲?
Prepare your closing, Eugene.
准备你的结案陈述吧,Eugene
FRUTT: Privilege is absolute, Your Honor.
保密特权是有绝对权威的,法官大人
Ms. Dole and Ms. Wyatt learned what they learned
Dole女士和Wyatt女士通过一次私密性的沟通
through a confidential communication...
了解到了他们所了解的
It doesn't matter.
那无关紧要
By going there,
她们去了现场
they became witnesses themselves.
就使她们自己成为证人
To what?
关于什么的证人?
Who knows what?
谁知道是什么呢?
Possible time of death, position of the body.
可能是死亡时间,尸体♥位♥置
The point is privilege doesn't protect them here.
关键是保密特权不能保护她们了
Once they go to a scene, they lose any opportunity...
一旦她们去了现场,她们就失去了所有。。。
FRUTT: There is no basis in law for that contention.
这种观点没有法律依据
What's more,
另外
my clients didn't disturb the scene...
我的当事人没有破坏现场。。。
But why did they go there at all?
但她们去那里到底为了什么?
To affirm that Cindy Burns was in fact dead.
去确认一下Cindy Burns是否确实死了
If she were still alive,
如果她还活着
they could perhaps help save her.
她们可能会救活她
And I would submit, Your Honor,
法官大人,我要指出
to hold that a lawyer blows privilege
以去过现场为由
by going to a scene
强迫一个律师违反保密特权
that could have potentially devastating effects.
这可能会产生潜在的破坏性影响
No lawyers would ever go to scenes,
不会有律师再去现场了
and sometimes that would mean lives would be lost.
这意味着有些情况下生命将会失去
All right. Look...
好了,听我说。。。
I won't make them reveal the identity of their client,
我不会让她们披露她们当事人的身份
but I am ordering them
但我命令她们
to tell us where the body is.
告诉我们尸体在哪儿
DOLE: Your Honor,
法官大人
I won't do that.
我不能那样做
MANTLE: Then I'll hold you in contempt, Ms. Dole.
那我会判你藐视法庭,Dole女士
DOLE: If I tell you where the body is,
如果我告诉你尸体在哪儿
that could lead to discovery of the evidence,
那可能导致发现相关证据
which could lead you to my client.
继而会导致你们找出我的当事人
MANTLE: Ms. Dole,
Dole女士
I am giving you a court order.
我是在对你下达一份法庭命令
Please don't think I'm kidding.
请别不当回事
Lindsay, he's letting you off the hook here.
Lindsay,他在给你找台阶下
He's ordering you.
他是在给你下令
I'm not looking to get off a hook.
我不想找台阶下
This is privileged information, and I won't reveal it.
这是保密特权信息,我不能透露的
Security, take Ms. Dole into custody.
法警,将Dole女士收押
Ms. Wyatt,
Wyatt女士
I am now ordering you
我现在命令你
to tell us where the body is.
告诉我们尸体在哪儿
How long will they keep us?
会关我们多久?
Until we tell.
直到我们说了为止
Or until it becomes clear we won't.
或者是知道我们铁了心不会说为止
No murder weapon,
没有凶器
no fingerprints,
没有指纹
no DNA,
没有DNA
no bloodstains,
没有血迹
no forensic evidence whatsoever.
没有任何法医证据
They searched my client's house,
他们搜查了我当事人的房♥子
his car, every stitch of his clothing.
他的车,他衣服上的一线一针
They couldn't find so much as a fiber.
他们甚至找不到一丝纤维
All they have--
他们靠的只有。。。
all they have are two witnesses
只有两个证人
who said they saw a man
说他们看到一个
who looks a lot like Russell Bakey,
剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表