剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表
怎么了?
What do you mean redo them?
为什么要返工?
Redo them. They're imprecise.
返工吧,写得不准确
This whole case would come down--
这整件案子会完蛋的。。。
Where are they imprecise?
哪里写得不准确
Three, four, five, six.
第三、四、五和第六条
We need to spell it out.
我们得把它说清楚
It is. Not enough, Jamie.
- 说清楚了
- 还不够,Jamie
If that judge instructs
如果法官指示
that a fetus is not a child,
那个胎儿不算一个孩子
we lose.
我们就输了
Do you get that?
你明白了吗?
Our whole theory is defense of others.
我们完全是用保护第三方的辩护理由
If she instructs
如果她指示
that there is no child,
说那不是个孩子
then there is no other.
也就不存在第三方了
Stop talking to me like I'm three.
别再当我是三岁小孩那样说话了
I'm talking to you like you're a lawyer
我在把你当成一个律师在说话
and this work is not acceptable.
这样的工作是不行的
Oh, you're full of crap!
噢,你说的全是废话!
You're upset because I asked you to dinner
你不高兴是因为我请你吃饭
and you can't handle it.
而你不知道怎么办好
Well, the offer is revoked.
好吧,我收回提议
You can go eat a cheeseburger alone
你可以自己去啃一个像你
like the big, bald curmudgeon you are.
这个大混♥蛋♥秃头那样的奶酪汉堡
You don't talk to me like that. These instructions are fine.
- 别这么跟我说话
- 这些指示建议是没问题的
The work is acceptable.
我这工作是合格的
So you can go off into a corner and grunt.
所以你可以跑到角落里去嘟囔好了
Oh, now I get it.
哦,现在我明白了
Get what? You asked me out for currency.
- 明白什么?
- 你约我出去是为了有筹码
Now, when I come down on you for your work,
现在,当我责怪你工作没做好时
you can claim I'm retaliating for personal reasons.
你就可以说是我是出于个人原因报复
Very clever! STRINGER: Oh,
- 你真鸡贼!
- 噢!
that is so cynical!
你真是把所有人都往坏处想!
I don't think so. STRINGER: I asked you out
- 我可不觉得
- 你约你出去
because I like you
是因为我喜欢你
and you can't take it.
而你接受不了
Well, I like you.
好吧,我是喜欢你
I like you.
我喜欢你
Claire?
Claire?
Did you sleep here?
你就睡这儿?
Oh, I guess I did.
噢,我想是吧
What are you working on?
你在做什么?
CLAIRE: The Carter case.
Carter的案子
I have a 9:00
九点有个
settlement conference.
和解会议
It's 10 past 9:00.
现在都九点过十分了
What?
啊?
I'm so sorry.
对不起
Traffic.
堵车
We just started.
我们刚开始
Mr. Sloan is offering us
Sloan先生开出的条件是
the grand sum of $20,000.
2万美元的巨款
our insurance company
我们的保险公♥司♥
is tightening up on nuisance claims.
正在收紧对妨害索赔的理赔
Nuisance? Claire,
- 妨害索赔?
- Claire
that girl is disabled for life.
那个女孩终身残疾
This is hardly a nuisance claim.
这可不是妨害索赔
Come on. Post-accident tests
拉倒吧,事故后试验
showed a minimal fissure.
只表明很轻微的裂痕
The railing broke.
可护栏是断了
Because she jumped on to it.
那是因为她跳上去了
She weighs 70 pounds.
她体重才七十磅
SLOAN: Look, there's no negligence,
听我说,这不存在疏忽问题
and if we go to trial,
如果我们上庭审理
you're looking at three years
在第一个证人出庭之前
before the first witness is even sworn in.
你得耗上三年时间
Now, I'm sure your client
我相信你的当事人
could use that 20,000.
需要用那两万元
My suspicion is it would come in
我猜当下那是可解燃眉之急的
very handy right now.
我猜当下那是可解燃眉之急的
You have an obligation
你有义把这个提议
to take the offer to your client.
转达给你的当事人
Could you take this to your client?
你可以把这个转达给你的当事人吗?
SLOAN: What is it? CLAIRE:
这是什么?
An amendment to our document production request.
一份要求你方出示文件的修改版
We want your HUD financial records.
我们想要你们与住房♥与城市发展部有关的财务记录
I already got the loan application
根据信息自♥由♥法案
under the Freedom of Information Act.
我已经拿到你们的贷款申请了
Your client made representations
你的当事人表示
about upgrading and renovating
要对白橡树小区
White Oaks Property.
进行升级和翻新
They got $4,000,000 in fact,
他们实际上得到了四百万美元
which is interesting because
但有趣的是
according to your own interrogatory responses,
根据你自己对质询作出的回应
there have been no renovations
自从你们收到了住房♥与城市发展部的资金后
since you received the HUD funding.
并没有进行过翻修
You stated that there are currently
你说现在没有改建的计划
no plans for remodeling.
你说现在没有改建的计划
That might qualify your client
那可能会使你的当事人
for fraud, Mr. Sloan.
符合欺诈的罪名,Sloan先生
I think you're reaching, counsel.
我认为你过于牵强了,律师
CLAIRE: I don't think so.
我不这么认为
You received money earmarked for repairs.
你们拿到了修理费
Had you done those repairs,
如果你进行了这些修理工作
the faulty railing would have been discovered.
有毛病的栏杆早就被发现了
If you've not done them,
如果你们没做过
brings me back to fraud.
那我就转而说你们欺诈
SLOAN: You don't know what that money was spent on.
你不知道那笔钱花在什么上了
Now, I don't think-- This is my motion
- 我现在不认为。。。
- 这是我提的一份动议
for a court-enforced audit.
要求法♥院♥强制审计
Then we'll know what the money was spent on
然后我们就知道钱花在什么上了
or not spent on.
或者没花在什么上
I certainly hope your client
我自然是希望你的当事人
didn't take a low road, Mr. Sloan.
没走上歧路,Sloan先生
There's still an opportunity
现在还有机会
to choose a high one.
选择一条正道走
I would encourage you
我要督促你
to encourage your client
去督促你的当事人
to reconsider,
慎重考虑
not to avoid an audit,
不是为了避免审计
not to avoid liability for fraud,
不是为了逃避欺诈的责任
but to compensate a 10-year-old girl
而是为了给一个
who will never be a cheerleader,
永远也不会成为啦啦队长
who will never get to dance
永远也不能在毕业舞会上跳舞
at her senior prom,
的十岁女孩以补偿
and who won't walk down the aisle
她不能在自己的婚礼上走过红地毯
at her own wedding.
她不能在自己的婚礼上走过红地毯
She won't walk through many of life's moments
她不能体验她人生中的很多重要时刻
because I suspect your client got greedy.
因为我怀疑你的当事人贪得无厌
I would encourage you to talk to your client
我要敦促你和你的客户好好谈谈
because it's the right thing to do.
因为那样是正确的做法
This was murder.
这是谋杀
A woman in a lousy marriage
一个处在恶劣婚姻状态中的女人
fires six shots point-blank.
近距离连开六枪
That's not defense.
那不是防卫
No evidence
没有证据表明
剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表